hey have a problem... when pdating to a 4.5 OS the blackberry messenger got mysteriosly deleted.. went to the blackberry site/ software and it wont download... help please
    08-19-08 05:32 PM
    hey have a problem... when pdating to a 4.5 OS the blackberry messenger got mysteriosly deleted.. went to the blackberry site/ software and it wont download... help please
    Plug in the device>Open DM>Select Apploader>Add/Remove Programs, and make sure there is a check in the box for BBM. Post back if you need anymore help.
    08-19-08 06:34 PM
    How do I add someone to blackberry messenger with a PIN not EMAIL, the way it's set up on my Curve is to add by EMAIL, can I change an option so that I can add by PIN and/or Email?
    08-21-08 02:14 PM
    How do I add someone to blackberry messenger with a PIN not EMAIL, the way it's set up on my Curve is to add by EMAIL, can I change an option so that I can add by PIN and/or Email?
    When you get to "Use Once", don't click it, Highlight it, hit Menu, select Request By PIN.
    08-21-08 02:15 PM
    Forgive me, please, for not reading all 11 pages.

What's the advantage to this over SMS? Does it not count towards number of messages sent? I have Verizon, BB Curve, 250 messages / month.

TIA
    08-22-08 02:46 AM
    Forgive me, please, for not reading all 11 pages.

What's the advantage to this over SMS? Does it not count towards number of messages sent? I have Verizon, BB Curve, 250 messages / month.

TIA
    It is Blackberry to Blackberry, counts as data and will not count against
    your texting plan. You and the party you are contacting must both have
    a BB and must both have a data plan.
    08-22-08 04:37 AM
    Thanks Chaz
    08-22-08 07:43 AM
    Just curious....is there a limit to the # of friends you can have on BBM?
    08-22-08 05:01 PM
    Hi I'm new to Blackberry and my friends have been telling me all sorts of stuffs, they say that BB Messengers are free to use since its BB to BB....now if it uses the data on my data plan then that mean that if i have lets say 4MB on my data plan, it'll just chew away at those right? now how big is one message? 1 - 3kb?, thanks
    08-26-08 05:05 AM
    You can't believe how many times I tried to request a PIN.. FINALLY! Thanks for the help.
    08-26-08 10:54 AM
    I recently ran into a problem with messenger partially locking up. I could receive and send messages, I just couldn't view them. I would have to delete and start a new conversation, using PIN.

The problem happens when using WSJ Mobile Viewer (Wall Street Journal). This is a great program to have, but if you are viewing a news story or checking stocks and all of a sudden somebody sends you a message via Messenger, it would lock up. My remedy, only check WSJ Mobile Viewer when the girlfriend is near me, not sending messages via Messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 03:31 PM
    Okay, please help me out
    so in the blackberry messenger i push down on the trackball bringing me to the menu and i click my status like everyone says but nothing about a pin comes up. its just sayd i am currently: avaliable OR unavaliable, and is gioves you the option of choosing one.
    how do i find my pin?
    08-29-08 01:01 PM
    Okay, please help me out
    so in the blackberry messenger i push down on the trackball bringing me to the menu and i click my status like everyone says but nothing about a pin comes up. its just sayd i am currently: avaliable OR unavaliable, and is gioves you the option of choosing one.
    how do i find my pin?
    If you're trying to find YOUR OWN pin; go to OPTIONS; then STATUS.

Good luck and happy pinning!
    08-29-08 02:45 PM
    This is my current situation:

Recently I upgraded to blackberry handsets for my and my husband (we are on a join account). I took the Pearl 8120 & he has the Curve 8320 (i think thats the number, we are with tmobile but whatever ~ its the titanium curve they offer).

So when we learned about BB Messenger we were excited to use it and we both enjoyed it very much. I learned how to set up contacts and all that and so did he. I added friends in addition to him and we would all chat, @ times even group chat and it was wonderful...until....

One morning i opened up my BB messenger and out of all of my contacts ~ he was the only one missing! I didnt delete him, he didnt delete me but informed me that I also showed up missing on his contacts list within the messenger. We have no idea why this happened. Also, within the messenger I had dedicated a group exclusively to him (i'm not sure if that may have an affect on why this happened im just including as many details as possible here...)

So we both were confused, but we knew how to add contacts so we didnt assume it would be an issue ~ we would just add each other back, right? Wrong! But its the weirdest thing! It isnt like what other people are saying happen (e.g., I added the person but i cant get their messages, they are not showing up, etc.) Instead of the common errors people tend to experience, the situation is this:

His PIN is stored within his contact information located in my Address Book. When I request him within the messenger to add him as a contact for messaging, his name shows up within the pending field of my contact list. Now, I also have a contact for myself stored within my address book so that I could easily access my email address or send information to myself with haste, however I did not put my PIN # in my own contact file. Yet, ironically:

WHEN I PIN HIM, AFTER HIS NAME GOES INTO PENDING, I RECEIVE A REQUEST FROM MYSELF! UPON ACCEPTANCE OF THIS REQUEST, HIS NAME IS REMOVED FROM THE PENDING LIST.

This is my issue. My BBM is working fine for all other contacts and i have no issue chatting with friends, but for obvious reasons I would love to be able to use this feature with him of all people. I called up tmobile and they told me to use the app loader, back up my info and re-install my hardware which I know how to do but that would be the second time ive done this process before and it is highly time consuming. There has to be an easier way, doesn't there? I've done battery pulls and all that mess, and so has he but we still cannot seem to resolve this issue. Someone please help! Thanks!

~ Anastarcus
    09-01-08 01:01 PM
    I've had my BB for 2 weeks and only had my verizon dudes on my contacts... thanks for unlocking the mystery... couldnt' they make this appl a tab bit user friendly?
    Big thanks for post!!!
    09-06-08 12:27 PM
    How do I change my email that people get or request adding me? right now it's an email address i no longer have on my phone and I'd like to switch it... anyone know how? I tried going into advance options and that didn't work.
    09-12-08 04:56 PM
    Thanks for this i couldnt find it for the life of me but nowi read this and i feel like an ***** LOl
    09-12-08 07:47 PM
    Originally Posted by Trevor
    How do I add a contact to BlackBerry Messenger?
    To add a contact, first open BlackBerry Messenger. Click the track wheel/track ball to bring up the menu and select add contact. When you click on add contact, you will be brought to your address book to select the contact you want to add. Simply click on the contact and select request. If you do not have the contact in your address book, scroll to the top of the list and highlight 'use once'. When you click the wheel, you will be able to request by PIN or by email. Select the appropriate one based on what information you possess. You will be offered the option to personalize the message sent to the recipient before your request is sent.

This only sets the contact as pending, however they have nothing to answer to.
    When I am added I am getting nothing to answer to. What am I doing wrong?
    09-17-08 10:35 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this is a silly question...

If I end a BBM conversation, does it close on both my end and my friend's end? For instance if I sent messages and then ended the conversation, will my friend still get them (if he hasn't read them yet)?
    09-21-08 06:52 PM
    I'm sorry to do this...but I don't feel like reading this whole thread

How do I set my settings to know when I get a msg? I never know until I look at the screen. Is there a sound alert?

Thanks!
    09-21-08 07:08 PM
    Hi there! I'm new to the blackberry community. I just got mine yesterday and had it unlocked for my AT&T account. I purchased a BlackberryPearl 8100. The issue I'm encountering with using BackBerry Messenger: I did fine finding out my own pin, and others sent me their pins. We attempted to add each other to our BlackBerry Messenger Contact list. A message was sent and a "request" was made using one another's pins. After that... nothing happens. The requests I sent still say "Pending." They tried requesting me and their say "Pending" but I never recieve any notification, nor do they or any way to "Approve" their request. I'm very new to Blackberry; Can Someone help me with this please? I'd very much appreciate it.
    09-22-08 07:05 PM
    My boyfriend was trying take off his "overwrite" of my bb messenger name so it would show whatever I wrote it to be and since we nevr found a way to do that, he deleted me as a contact and now ha not been able to add me back! We've tried everything, everytime he adds me and I accept it,I never show up in his contact list. We've turned off both phones, taken out batteries, added PIN to address book, I've requested, he's requested and nothing's worked to put me back as a contact... HELP!!! He had the World Edition bb, I have the curve
    09-22-08 08:18 PM
    OK

I know d=delivered
    and r=read

but nobody has said what a= yet

lots of my messages show check marks with a's above them.
    09-22-08 11:27 PM
    I cant use my bb messenger all of a sudden. Have the following problems.

1. I cant send nor receive messages

2. My status is available but my friends see me as "away".

3. Contacts on my list are always shown as "away" but they are not.

I tried by deleting all contacts on my contact list, I even deleted thebb messenger application. My IT colleague upgraded my Curve 8320 software also... I re-added my contacts, some by email and some by PIN. They seem to be able to receive my email invitation but not the PIN. As soon as they are added on my contact list, they are shown as away all the time!!

Before, I was only getting 2 ticks after I sent a message. After the upgrade, I could see a "D". Today, I just get 2 ticks again.

I really wana use bb messenger!! Im soooo frustrated!! PLZ HELP!!!
    09-22-08 11:35 PM
    I used to be on the contact list of my boyfriends BB Messenger, he over"wrote" my contact name and we couldn't figure out how to get it back to the default of what I type in...so I said, delete me as a contact, then re-add me. Nothing has worked to add me back on the contact list..it is so weird and crazy!! We've been trying to figure it out for 3 days now!

We've tried everything, every time he adds me and I accept it,I never show up in his contact list. We've turned off both phones, taken out batteries, added PINs to address book, I've requested him as contact (he's on my list), he's requested me and I never show up! Nothing's worked to put me back as a contact... HELP!!! He has the World Edition bb, I have the curve.
    09-23-08 01:28 PM
684 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD