My brother found that he can invite people to a confrence, and change their statuses without the person knowing, but everyone else in the confrence knowing. Is there a way to stop this, besides changing his as well?
    09-29-10 04:34 PM
    I usually hate to be lazy...but...I didn't read through 42 pages (and I'm sure it's prolly been asked/answered)...but...I downloaded bbm thru bb apps. I now have a tiny bbm icon with a --> *1 on my home screen but can't find bbm anywhere in my phone. What gives?
    Last edited by markrd; 10-05-10 at 11:58 AM.
    10-05-10 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the information, my second blackberry but just now starting to use bbm
    10-06-10 02:14 PM
    I usually hate to be lazy...but...I didn't read through 42 pages (and I'm sure it's prolly been asked/answered)...but...I downloaded bbm thru bb apps. I now have a tiny bbm icon with a --> *1 on my home screen but can't find bbm anywhere in my phone. What gives?
    Have you looked in the downloads folder, the applications folder and the instant messaging folder? The application could be in any of them. The icon sounds like a waiting message.
    10-06-10 02:21 PM
    hi... I'm new here and apologies if this has already been asked or answered, I'm sure you can appreciate I don't have the time on my lunch break to sift through 40 odd pages, but...

Can you export your PIN to another blackberry?

I know a girl who had a bold 9000 and changed to a bold 9700 and her PIN has never changed in my BBM. She kinda explained it to me, but not very well because she was busy.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to go to the hassle of re-adding my contacts!
    10-08-10 08:02 AM
    hi... I'm new here and apologies if this has already been asked or answered, I'm sure you can appreciate I don't have the time on my lunch break to sift through 40 odd pages, but...

Can you export your PIN to another blackberry?

I know a girl who had a bold 9000 and changed to a bold 9700 and her PIN has never changed in my BBM. She kinda explained it to me, but not very well because she was busy.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to go to the hassle of re-adding my contacts!
    No, your pin is tied to the device. When she switched devices, her pin changed as well. She remained in your contact list however and HER PIN CHANGED IN YOUR LIST AS WELL. that's all. So you didn't lose her.

If you backup your contacts remotely using the email feature, when you switch devices, all your contacts will come back to your new berry and your pin will change on everyone else's list. All will be fine and no one will notice the difference.
    10-08-10 08:11 AM
    Ok thanks! I did think it was odd, because your PIN is on the box.

I *think* I've just backed my contacts up remotely, using Options > Backup Management > Backup > Backup files remotely.

Do you get any confirmation that this has been done?
    10-08-10 08:16 AM
    Ok thanks! I did think it was odd, because your PIN is on the box.

I *think* I've just backed my contacts up remotely, using Options > Backup Management > Backup > Backup files remotely.

Do you get any confirmation that this has been done?
    No, you don't get any confirmation unfortunately as long as your email is registered. If it wasn't registered, it would bark at you...

I would also do a local backup to your storage card to be safe if you're worried. Do the same steps and back up to your card.
    10-08-10 08:47 AM
    thank you jaydee, you've been awesome!
    10-08-10 09:19 AM
    thank you jaydee, you've been awesome!
    Glad to help! PM me anytime if I can be of service!
    10-08-10 09:22 AM
    Does anyone know how to use hotmail messenger (MSN) in my BB curve? Its another application??
    10-14-10 08:21 AM
    out of curiosity, is it possible to have BBM set as the default message program for all SMS, MMS, PIN messages?

It'd be nice to not have 2 icons for messages.
    10-28-10 12:47 PM
    Does anyone know how to use hotmail messenger (MSN) in my BB curve? Its another application??
    The Windows Live Messenger application is available as a free download from BlackBerry App World. Just search it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 03:09 PM
    out of curiosity, is it possible to have BBM set as the default message program for all SMS, MMS, PIN messages?

It'd be nice to not have 2 icons for messages.
    No, but you can use your 'Messages' application to accomplish the same thing. You can set BBM's to go into 'Messages', as well as SMS and call logs.

You can also add contacts to BBM that don't have BlackBerry's, but you'd have to do this one-by-one I believe. And the messages would be delivered as SMS for those contacts.

10-28-10 03:12 PM
    When using the messenger feature....I wanted to know if the messenger shows up on the bill history. I have a phone through my work and wish to use the messenger service but don't want the office knowing...LOL.
    How does it show up on the bill? I have ATT unlimited data plan.
    10-28-10 04:30 PM
    When using the messenger feature....I wanted to know if the messenger shows up on the bill history. I have a phone through my work and wish to use the messenger service but don't want the office knowing...LOL.
    How does it show up on the bill? I have ATT unlimited data plan.
    It doesn't.
    Unlimited data means BBM doesn't show up on the bill. It uses the data plan.
    You WERE asking about BBM, correct?
    10-28-10 04:41 PM
    Thank you very much!! Yes, BlackBerry Messenger.
    : )
    10-28-10 05:22 PM
    No, but you can use your 'Messages' application to accomplish the same thing. You can set BBM's to go into 'Messages', as well as SMS and call logs.

You can also add contacts to BBM that don't have BlackBerry's, but you'd have to do this one-by-one I believe. And the messages would be delivered as SMS for those contacts.

too bad, i actually prefer BBM as a messaging service app
    10-29-10 01:57 PM
    Question: When you restore your BBM contacts to another phone, does your name appear twice in someones list, or does your new PIN replace the old one?
    10-29-10 09:40 PM
    Question: When you restore your BBM contacts to another phone, does your name appear twice in someones list, or does your new PIN replace the old one?
    If you use the over-the-air backkup/restore it will be seemless for you and your contacts. Your new pin will automatically replace your old pin, and they won't even know it happened.

10-29-10 09:42 PM
    If you use the over-the-air backkup/restore it will be seemless for you and your contacts. Your new pin will automatically replace your old pin, and they won't even know it happened.

ok, question number two: this is going to be a long one. I'm traveling out of the country and I'm going to transfer my contacts via(media card) to my international BB while I'm there. After I transfer my contacts should I delete them from my regular BB, and then when I back transfer them back.

Sorry about the long question
    10-29-10 09:50 PM
    ok, question number two: this is going to be a long one. I'm traveling out of the country and I'm going to transfer my contacts via(media card) to my international BB while I'm there. After I transfer my contacts should I delete them from my regular BB, and then when I back transfer them back.

Sorry about the long question
    That's not that long of a question! But I don't know the answer for sure. I would guess that you could leave your contacts in tact on your existing device, but I'm not too sure what the best method is. Why don't you just unlock your existing BlackBerry and pop in a local sim?

10-29-10 09:55 PM
    That's not that long of a question! But I don't know the answer for sure. I would guess that you could leave your contacts in tact on your existing device, but I'm not too sure what the best method is. Why don't you just unlock your existing BlackBerry and pop in a local sim?

I would love to do that. But it's a Sprint phone, I dunno if that's possible.
    10-29-10 09:59 PM
    I would love to do that. But it's a Sprint phone, I dunno if that's possible.
    What model?

10-29-10 10:01 PM
    What model?

Blackberry Bold 9650
    10-29-10 10:02 PM
684 ... 2425262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD