i must be missing something.
    I'm in Marbella,Spain with my unlocked BB8300 curve.I just got a SIM card(orange) and tried to message my buddy in Jamaica using his PIN and all i get is "pending" although i know his device is on and waiting as we were talking on MSN while we were trying to link up.I know the phone is working as i called him.
    suggestions???
    Appeciated...
    k.
    10-16-07 02:13 PM
    I'm not getting the option to select PIN when in the BB Messenger app, it only says email, however I simply put in the PIN anyway and it sent and shows pending . We'll see if that works as well! I'll let ya know!
    10-29-07 12:51 PM
    It worked!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-07 08:46 PM
    ^ LOL congrats!
    10-29-07 09:45 PM
    I'm running an 8310 on AT&T with an basic unlimted data plan. I read ina post above that Blackberry messenger uses only data, but can anyone else with an AT&T plan VERIFY that they've gotten bills with no text charges for BBmessenger use?

I called AT&T and they claim it uses data AND text messenging. How that works, I sware I don't know.

If it IS true, do ALL messengers work this way???? (ie Google, Yahoo)
    11-06-07 12:40 PM
    while in the BB Messenger -> Press on the menu key and select "Add a Contact" -> Now scroll up to "[Use Once]" -> again press on the menu key and now you will see 2 options : request by Email/request by PIN

BB Messenger does not use text messaging
    11-10-07 03:30 AM
    BBm can't use texts. It goes through RIM's servers.

If you have data taken off of your berry, you have no way of sending pin message even if you wanted to....can't use texts.
    11-10-07 12:49 PM
    is there a way to send a BB messenger message to a BB user via a Windows PC?

Thanks a lot.
    11-12-07 04:08 PM
    is there a way to send a BB messenger message to a BB user via a Windows PC?

Thanks a lot.
    Not in Blackberry messenger. You can send a message via pin (web2pin.com or something like that) but there really is no point. You might as well send it as an email.
    11-12-07 08:29 PM
    I use regular PIN messaging and have never used BB messenger. What is the difference? Are there any benefits?
    11-13-07 02:47 AM
    PCGirl, it's like any messenger vs. email. Except PIN messaging and BBMessenger are both only for BB's.

So... with BB Messenger you get

- Messages that don't clog up your inbox
    - Presence of your buddies (busy, etc)
    - Simultaneous conv with multiple people
    11-13-07 06:20 AM
    Trevor this is a great thread. Very informative, clear, and thorough. I have the 8130 now and bb msgr was pre loade, its basically the same, just waaay cooler. I'm sure everyone will benefit from this thread! Kudos

11-13-07 06:42 AM
    PCGirl, it's like any messenger vs. email. Except PIN messaging and BBMessenger are both only for BB's.

So... with BB Messenger you get

- Messages that don't clog up your inbox
    - Presence of your buddies (busy, etc)
    - Simultaneous conv with multiple people
    Thanks! I never use any messenger services (only email and pin) since bb push email and PINning is pretty much instantaneous anyway. And I think my head would implode if I had to carry on simultaneous conversations with multiple people! As for the presence notification (busy, etc.), I like being accessible but maybe not THAT accessible, LOL!

Thanks again for the explanation!
    11-14-07 07:48 AM
    I just got my new 8100 pearl...... how do i get started with messanger
    11-16-07 05:12 AM
    Start by reading this thread from the beginning. Tells you everything you need to know.

11-16-07 05:47 AM
    I just got my new 8100 pearl...... how do i get started with messanger
    Start by reading this thread from the beginning. Tells you everything you need to know.

^ Also, check out Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com I wrote.
    11-16-07 08:02 AM
    I have the same problem. When I choose the option "use once" I only get an option for email.

11-16-07 04:10 PM
    Hi, my partner and I have tried to add each other as contacts in Messenger, but we are both held in a 'Pending' folder with a message box that said 'Your request has been sent and added to the Pending group in your Contact list'.

What is supposed to happen next? (I should add here, that nothing has happened yet and we've tried to add each other several times..)

Thanks
    Last edited by aly; 11-17-07 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Clarification
    11-17-07 10:11 AM
    aloha all!
    I am a newbie too and love my blackberry! I just started using the messenger and found that I cant quite yet figure out how to set the color of the letters I type in...my bb buds say my text is in red and they want the same thing...except I don't know how to access that feature. Any suggestions? By the way, love the site!
    12-06-07 05:20 PM
    The text color is going to be dependent on the theme you are using. You can change the font under Options>Screen/Keyboard.

12-06-07 05:47 PM
    Hey there folks! I have been initiated into the wonderful world of BlackBerry! I LOVE THIS THING....I had a SK3 that i got sick of after 6 months. I saw the light and came to my senses. I do have a question though...Can someone hit me with a message in the messenger application so that I can see how it works. I don't have any "enlightened" BB friends! My PIN is 24342F7A Thanks a lot!
    12-06-07 10:19 PM
    Thanks for the tip! Mahalo! (Thank You!)
    12-07-07 02:46 PM
    I just got the BB Pearl for Verizon, throught messenger I can go to add a contact, but there is no selection avaiable that says request. Any ideas?
    12-10-07 09:14 AM
    Here's mine:32BE2063

12-25-07 07:48 AM
    I am new to crackberry too, and have the same prob. Everytime i go to add a contact, it takes me to addresses, but when I select the name nothing happens. I tried hitting the blackberry key and chose add to messenger C...a box comes up titles select a contact and the area where i would choose a contact says *empty* The word "request" never comes up. Help!
    Last edited by hjhulagirl; 12-25-07 at 08:38 AM. Reason: have Verizon 8130 by the way.
    12-25-07 08:37 AM
684 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD