I am new to BBM. I have added in a couple of contacts via email to it and sent them the request to join. They are now listed in Pending saying waiting for authorisation. What do I do? or what do I tell my contacts to do?
    thanks
    You dont do anything. Your friends need to accept the invite.
    07-26-10 04:42 AM
    how do they do that?
    07-26-10 05:02 AM
    Does anyone know how to turn "caps lock" on in BBM? I have a BB Bold. Thanks.
    Not sure if you have been answered but
    Caps Lock is Alt + Right Shift
    Numb Lock is Alt + Left Shift
    07-26-10 05:14 AM
    how do they do that?
    They need to click on the invitation and click to review and either accept or reject the invitation
    07-26-10 07:38 AM
    Hi all, I have a bb curve 8520.could someone pls tell me how
    To link my facebook profile pic to my bbm?thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 05:19 PM
    I did a search and couldn't find anything. If you choose to save the history to your device under 'options' where does it save them at?

08-09-10 10:59 AM
    I did a search and couldn't find anything. If you choose to save the history to your device under 'options' where does it save them at?

Media/Explore/Blackberry/IM/Blackberry Messenger/Your Pin Number/history/pin number of the person your are chatting with

Just to let you know...the file is in .csv format and it can't be read on your berry.

Copy to your pc and try and read with Excel or some program like that.
    08-09-10 11:06 AM
    Thanks so much for the quick reply.

08-09-10 11:08 AM
    Hello, Im Tony from Connecticut. I just received a work phone, a BB Curve 8530, my first BB, and have a few questions.

Im going to set up the BBM but have no idea what to use for a screenname. Will the person Im trying to talk to know its me if I use something other than my real name? Is my number displayed as well? Will it be easier to just use my name as my screename. Can the screenname be changed? TIA.
    08-09-10 04:16 PM
    I usually use a nickname.

The other person can always alter your name to their liking anyway...
    08-09-10 04:53 PM
    Upon reading Craig's 10 Things You Should Know About Using a BlackBerry,

I was still left with a simple question. Is pin messaging the same thing as bbm? Craig also spoke about using pin messaging when your company's bes or email server is down because you are sending a message directly to someone's bb. To send a pin message do you simply put their pin# in the "to" field? And if I am understanding this correctly as long as both phones have service you can pin msg them without the need of bes and an email client, but they do have to have bis... correct?

and yes i am a newbie but not for long when my torch arrives this monday lol
    i have spent about 20hours on this site and i can not get enough. Do you all have a term for a person that is addicted to this site and blackberries but they themselves do not own one yet lol
    08-28-10 10:52 AM
    Is pin messaging the same thing as bbm?
    BBM is an instant messaging system that runs off of the pin system, if that makes sense. Newer versions of BBM can also have non-Blackberry contacts added to the buddy list, but it will use the SMS (text) system instead of pin messaging to send/receive messages.
    To send a pin message do you simply put their pin# in the "to" field?
    Exactly! You can create a pin message from within your messages application (email). Select 'Compose PIN' from the menu, and input a pin or select a contact who's pin you've previously stored in your address book.

And if I am understanding this correctly as long as both phones have service you can pin msg them without the need of bes and an email client, but they do have to have bis... correct?
    They need to have a Blackberry data plan, either BIS or BES. This will enable the service books required to use BBM and the Messaging applications. You can use BBM/Pin messaging with wifi, but you still need to have a Blackberry data plan.
    Last edited by seaners; 08-28-10 at 12:28 PM.
    08-28-10 12:24 PM
    Thank you seaners! I just wanted to make sure that I was comprehending the information correctly... Time for me to learn more. Thanks for your quick response.
    08-28-10 12:36 PM
    Great info
    09-06-10 06:58 PM
    Guys. I'm using a 9700 with a 3G plan. So I don't have extra costs when using any type of Internet, E-Mail nor IM app.

But here is the deal: My provider says that my 3G will start working similar to WAP when I'm abroad. So there'll be an extra fee per byte I download when abroad. So I really want to know if BB Messenger uses just GSM to get signal and it's completely free or it uses 3G like MSN Messenger and Gtalk.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    09-08-10 05:56 PM
    Are you sure that that plan will provide you with BLACKBERRY DATA?
    09-08-10 06:58 PM
    This plan has a plain fee for 3G. So everything that uses Internet is free while I'm in homeland.

So I guess I am provided with BLACKBERRY DATA.
    09-08-10 07:14 PM
    Guys. I'm using a 9700 with a 3G plan. So I don't have extra costs when using any type of Internet, E-Mail nor IM app.

But here is the deal: My provider says that my 3G will start working similar to WAP when I'm abroad. So there'll be an extra fee per byte I download when abroad. So I really want to know if BB Messenger uses just GSM to get signal and it's completely free or it uses 3G like MSN Messenger and Gtalk.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    Email, internet, IM etc all use data. When roaming you will be charged to use data on another carriers network. Generally it's pay-per-use, but your carrier may offer roaming packages for an additional fee. Another option is to turn off 3G and use wifi.

09-08-10 10:34 PM
    Email, internet, IM etc all use data. When roaming you will be charged to use data on another carriers network. Generally it's pay-per-use, but your carrier may offer roaming packages for an additional fee. Another option is to turn off 3G and use wifi.

Yeah, turning off 3G and using WiFi was my idea but I was wondering how does BB Msgr really works.

So I see. Thanks seaners, a lot!
    09-09-10 06:05 AM
    when i get a message thru blackberry messenger, and i click on the chat it disappears this just started happening and I dont know why. Any ideas?
    09-09-10 11:16 PM
    Can I send a video thru my BBM

09-23-10 04:36 PM
    Yes, you click on the person you want to send the video to, click the menu button, click send file, then navigate to videos on the media card and choose one. However, the size limit is 6MB, or a little under that.
    09-23-10 04:41 PM
    If I send a message and there is no R or D - does that mean there has been a delay in sending the message and the other phone hasn't received it?
    09-26-10 05:26 PM
    If I send a message and there is no R or D - does that mean there has been a delay in sending the message and the other phone hasn't received it?
    That's correct. It can be like this when the other person is on the phone if they do not have wi-fi for their data.
    09-26-10 05:28 PM
    Hai All,

Can some body guide me i have black berry Bold 9700 and i dont want to activate my email and messenger services through my provider. can i crack it down by my self so i could use it
    09-28-10 02:43 AM
684 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD