Where can I find an explanation of all the different smilies in BB messenger? for example the smiley with the clock
    07-18-08 03:37 PM
    Can users on the BES & BIS message each other?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 11:38 AM
    Can users on the BES & BIS message each other?

Yes... As long as the BES user has access to BBM and their IT policy does not block it!!
    07-19-08 05:18 PM
    I saved a conversation on the bb nessenger and it said "saved ti clipboard". How do I reterieve this message? Can't find the clipboard.

07-19-08 05:20 PM
    Can BBM be used internationally without an international plan?
    07-20-08 09:50 PM
    So my boyfriend and I both have BB's. We are both on a data plan. We have requested and accepted the invitations to messenger, but we are still listed as pending! We requested by e-mail (this was before we knew we could request with our PINS). So now he is listed on mine as a contact which is still pending and same on his for me....how do we finalize this if we have already accepted the invitations??
    07-21-08 10:31 AM
    So my boyfriend and I both have BB's. We are both on a data plan. We have requested and accepted the invitations to messenger, but we are still listed as pending! We requested by e-mail (this was before we knew we could request with our PINS). So now he is listed on mine as a contact which is still pending and same on his for me....how do we finalize this if we have already accepted the invitations??
    Try both of you deleting each other, then add him via PIN. When he accepts, you should both be on each others lists
    07-21-08 10:40 AM
    Okay we will try that! Thank you!
    07-21-08 10:49 AM
    Hello. I'm new to crackberry. I've tried searching for an answer on here but couldn't find it. When I bbm sometimes it shows the little smiley face on my homepage even when there is no new bbm message, or no unread bbm message. At first I thought it was just a delayed message coming in from a conversation that I was having. That is not the case because when the delayed message comes in it shows up as two bbm convos instead of one. I know it's a little confusing but any help would be appreciated. Basically the bbm smiley face shows up on my homepage when there is no new message. Thanks
    07-31-08 02:59 AM
    Can BBM be used internationally without an international plan?
    Yah know, I asked this once and no one was able to answer, however my friends and I discovered it by accident.
    I live in the Caribbean and recently went to the NY. The local service provider gives you roaming in the US but not BB service. However, my BB Service worked b/c I have WI-FI!
    So there you go...if you're phone has WI-FI turn that sucker on and you'll be able to use your BBM via hotspots.

Hello. I'm new to crackberry. I've tried searching for an answer on here but couldn't find it. When I bbm sometimes it shows the little smiley face on my homepage even when there is no new bbm message, or no unread bbm message. At first I thought it was just a delayed message coming in from a conversation that I was having. That is not the case because when the delayed message comes in it shows up as two bbm convos instead of one. I know it's a little confusing but any help would be appreciated. Basically the bbm smiley face shows up on my homepage when there is no new message. Thanks
    Do a battery pull. This use to happen to me until I learn alt+ctrl (shift)+del.
    HTH

Edit: sorry, I just realized you're a newbie so let me explain a bit.
    I sounds like your device is running low on memory and as a result it starts to act up.
    You should put into practice to check your memory (option then status) and make sure it doesn't run down below 5MB (or something like that). There's quite a bit of threads concerning this. Quite a bit of knowledge wealth in here...search around
    Last edited by JoJo78; 07-31-08 at 07:46 AM.
    07-31-08 07:41 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^ Thanks for the help. I wasn't even thinking about how the memory would affect it. Battery pull worked perfect. Thanks again
    07-31-08 12:00 PM
    Maybe someone can help me with this....when you chat on BB MSGR...whats the little letters mean...it will first display a "D" and then an "R" with a check mark next to them....can someone help me understand what this is???
    08-01-08 10:43 AM
    I don't know if this point has been made yet, but oh well!

(this only applies to T-Mobile as far as I know)

If you only have an email plan (NO internet, or BES) blackberry messenger will still work! The email-only plan is $10 a month.

additionally, I have the 8320, so I can browse over wifi, make UMA calls, etc. but I also still receive emails AND i can use BBM when I am on UMA only.

Also, it doesn't appear as though messages send through BBM apply to your text messaging plan. I have unlimited anyway, but there are no messages that show up on the detailed message summary on my bill from BBM. (as far as I can see)

hopefully this clears things up for people!
    08-01-08 10:53 AM
    Maybe someone can help me with this....when you chat on BB MSGR...whats the little letters mean...it will first display a "D" and then an "R" with a check mark next to them....can someone help me understand what this is???
    "D" = Delivered (device has msg, user hasn't read/received)
    "R" = Received (user has read/received)
    08-01-08 10:54 AM
    D = delivered

R = read
    08-01-08 11:00 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^ Thanks for the help. I wasn't even thinking about how the memory would affect it. Battery pull worked perfect. Thanks again
    Anytime
    08-01-08 12:27 PM
    My wife is having the same problem with a Smiley face on the homepage without showing any message (Model 8310 with AT&T). I already tried the battery pull (and she also has an additional memory card in her phone). When I did the battery pull and the phone restarted the smiley icon was blue at first and then finally turned yellow again. This has now been on her homepage for about a month and I just can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by cigarkurtz; 08-02-08 at 01:04 PM.
    08-02-08 12:05 PM
    I am having similiar issues with messenger. I sent a request via email (it varies whether or not I have a choice to send request via PIN or email) and my friend at one time said they did not receive it then they did and accepted it. He also said he sent me one - i NEVER received it. I have sent and deleted and resent all via email. NOTHING it still says pending. other than sending via PIN is there a fix for this,
    Last edited by envied; 08-05-08 at 09:09 AM.
    08-02-08 11:56 PM
    [QUOTE=JoJo78;555110]Yah know, I asked this once and no one was able to answer, however my friends and I discovered it by accident.
    I live in the Caribbean and recently went to the NY. The local service provider gives you roaming in the US but not BB service. However, my BB Service worked b/c I have WI-FI!
    So there you go...if you're phone has WI-FI turn that sucker on and you'll be able to use your BBM via hotspots.

I have a 8330 Curve. How do I turn on the WI-FI?
    08-06-08 06:06 PM
    How do I add my PIN to my CB profile?
    08-06-08 06:40 PM
    how can i add people to my bbm ??
    08-12-08 02:58 PM
    Very easy. If the person is already in your addressbook, go into BBM and hit Menu, Add A Contact, then you look up and select the contact you want. Press the track ball to accpt the contact and the select OK when you see the Add A Message pop up. This sends a message to the contact saying you want them to be part of your BBM Contact List and they will appear in your Pending Contacts List. Once they accept, they will go into your BBM Contact Listand you can IM away!
    08-12-08 03:07 PM
    okayy im new to this crackberry thing and it wont let me make a thread and i dont know what this is either butttt im having some serious messenger problemsss. my friend and i both have internet and the bb messenger on our phones and i know the process of adding someone with their PIN and all but for some reason neither of us ever gets the invite and our pin numbers just say pending forever
    08-12-08 04:46 PM
    Ok so I am having an issue with the messenger. I have the persons email and they also have a BB Curve and a data plan. I send them an invite and all that happens is that it comes back to me asking if I want to accept myself as a buddy. It seems like it is in an endless loop and I don't understand why. I was able to add my father fine and he has an older BB (like 2 years older).
    08-16-08 09:34 PM
    Thanks for all the help!!!! It took me awhile but I finally figured it out!!!!!!
    I just got a BB Pearl a few days ago & I"m loving it! And I love this site so far!!!!!
    08-17-08 01:43 AM
684 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD