is there a way to set an alert for the messenger? right now, the only way to know if I have a msg is that the light is blinking. I went to profiles and set alerts, but they're not working for some reason??? please help if you know, thanks!
    In order to set alerts for BBM, go to Profiles, scroll down to Advanced, select your profile for the two settings "Messenger/Alert" and "Messenger/New Message." Also make sure your status on BBM is set to available. If set to unavailable, your notifications won't work. You will only get the homescreen icon for a new message...
    11-03-09 11:26 PM
    I love BBM!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 12:58 AM
    I've read most of this thread and can't find an answer. So here goes my question....

A couple of my contacts have emoticons in front of their name. How do I do this for my name?
    11-05-09 10:39 AM
    I've read most of this thread and can't find an answer. So here goes my question....

A couple of my contacts have emoticons in front of their name. How do I do this for my name?
    Do you have BBM 5.0? If so click on your profile and go over to your name and click it then press the sym then pick the emoticon you want and place your emoticon there. Then save and you are all done.
    11-05-09 11:58 AM
    if you chat on bbm and its on different carriers is there a charge or is it through the internet and so it dont matter?
    11-05-09 05:51 PM

Do you have BBM 5.0? If so click on your profile and go over to your name and click it then press the sym then pick the emoticon you want and place your emoticon there. Then save and you are all done.
    And if you don't have 5.0 simply use the code for the emoticon (example: ;+) for Wink) under edit my info then type your bbm name as you want it. You can also create an autotext code with the emoticon and your bbm name and use it. If you still need help send me an email and I can walk you through it...

if you chat on bbm and its on different carriers is there a charge or is it through the internet and so it dont matter?
    BBM uses data so if you and your contacts have data plans, you're all set. Carrier to carrier won't matter...
    11-06-09 12:08 AM
    Wow! Its a lot of info but it totally worked for me! I've had my storm 1 since may and for the life of me I couldn't figure out the BB messenger! Thank goodness that someone does to show me the way! Thanks for the info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 01:50 AM
    thanks for the info iceman.
    11-07-09 07:13 AM
    In the last 4-5 days, my messenger conversations have suddenly been disappearing every few minutes. I can't find anything that allows me to change the length of time a message remains available on the phone. What can I do?
    11-07-09 08:40 AM
    thanks for the info iceman.
    You are welcome glad to help.

In the last 4-5 days, my messenger conversations have suddenly been disappearing every few minutes. I can't find anything that allows me to change the length of time a message remains available on the phone. What can I do?
    Sounds like you are low on memory. Usually once this happens msgs delete, the device is slow and it just doesn't run like it once did. You can check your file free memory by going to options>status. You should delete any apps you don't use to help free up memory. Also pics should be stored on a media card and not the device memory. Make sure you completely close open apps by selecting menu>close. You can also increase your file free by using the "memory optimization" link in my signature, good luck...
    11-08-09 10:45 PM
    I heart BBM!
    11-11-09 01:31 AM
    I've been getting invites thru bbm peer-to-peer messaging inviting me to join bbm groups. im instructed to click a link but the link i see in the message is not a live link to click on. How do I join groups? Im new here btw and I searched the forums for an existing answer and have not been able to find one. Can someone please help?
    11-11-09 03:36 PM
    thanks i appreciate it
    11-12-09 05:23 PM
    I've having some trouble with the contact list recent updates. It doesn't show the white star with red circle anymore when someone updates status. I just want it to show when someone updates info.

Thanks,

I checked the options and it says:

Show Recent Updates: w/ option for none, 25, 50, 100 but not sure what that means

Groupe Recent Updates from Same Contact/Group:

Display Music Updates from Contacts:
    11-14-09 01:24 PM
    Has there been a fix yet for pics and voice messages? I get them and send them and people can't download them! I have the latest software/OS for the Storm...
    11-14-09 06:03 PM
    I love my blackberry messenger. Its so much better then texting cause it doesn't have the limited characters.
    11-14-09 07:40 PM
    why can some ppl see my display picture and some cant when they have the new messenger???
    11-14-09 08:17 PM
    Yesterday and today my BBM (5.0))when I received a message it would not let me open it. I could not open it either by clicking BB button or going to BB menu. It has happened a few times since updating to official OS. When the message arrives there is a "red circle with a star" beside the word "chats (1)"and next to the message is a "yellow triangle" point toward message. Has this happened to anyone since upgrading?
    11-27-09 08:18 PM
    I've having some trouble with the contact list recent updates. It doesn't show the white star with red circle anymore when someone updates status. I just want it to show when someone updates info.

Thanks,

I checked the options and it says:

Show Recent Updates: w/ option for none, 25, 50, 100 but not sure what that means

Groupe Recent Updates from Same Contact/Group:

Display Music Updates from Contacts:
    it means that the updates your BBM contacts make to their pic/avatar, or status message. Anyone know for sure?
    11-27-09 09:20 PM
    BBM is great! I've turned 7 friends on to BB, and they love using BBM as often as they can. I hope RIM keeps it evolving with new/ snappy ideas.
    11-27-09 09:22 PM
    I love bbm 5.0 great improvement in my eyes.
    11-29-09 08:03 AM
    My pin is composed of purely numbers. Is this normal?
    11-30-09 03:03 AM
    I'm having problems with my BB messenger.

I can add people via their pins, but when people send me requests, it doesn't show up anywhere. I tried taking the batt & sim card out as per a friend's advice, but still the same problem.

Can anyone help?
    12-03-09 06:46 AM
    I am having a really, really, really hard time accepting BB Messenger requests. I have about 10 from family members in my "pending" column. Every time I click on one, per the instructions, there is no option to "accept" - so now I have a million pending requests and no way to accept them... is anyone able to help??
    12-03-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks very useful information.
    12-04-09 01:25 AM
684 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD