Is anyone else having a problem with viewing Pictures that are sent to u? I have accepted the picture then it ask me to save the file in order to view it is this normal or do I have a setup problem?
    10-10-09 12:05 PM
    i have a question if i upgrade to the new one will i have to re add all of my contacts?
    hey no.. i didn't have to re add anyone!
    10-10-09 12:30 PM
    hey the link you have on you post is no good, the one to add friends

What is BlackBerry Messenger?
    BlackBerry Messenger is an instant messenger program for BlackBerry-to-BlackBerry communication utilizing your PIN code.

What is a PIN, and where do I find mine?
    A PIN is an eight digit alpha-numeric sequence that is assigned to every BlackBerry device. You can find your PIN code by going to Options>Status>PIN. You can also find your PIN code by typing "mypin" into an email (no quotes). The BlackBerry will automatically insert your PIN code.

Where do I get BlackBerry Messenger?
    BlackBerry Messenger is built into some of the newer devices. If your device does not come preloaded with BlackBerry Messenger, you can download it at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger through Internet Explorer or your BlackBerry Browser. You cannot download it through FireFox Browser.

Do I need a data plan to use BlackBerry Messenger?
    Yes, BlackBerry Messenger sends pin messages through the BlackBerry servers. A BlackBerry internet plan is required to use this functionality.

Does BlackBerry Messenger cost money to use?
    No, BlackBerry Messenger is free to use. It simply uses data from your data plan. It does not use SMS.

How do I add a contact to BlackBerry Messenger?
    To add a contact, first open BlackBerry Messenger. Click the track wheel/track ball to bring up the menu and select add contact. When you click on add contact, you will be brought to your address book to select the contact you want to add. Simply click on the contact and select request. If you do not have the contact in your address book, scroll to the top of the list and highlight 'use once'. When you click the wheel, you will be able to request by PIN or by email. Select the appropriate one based on what information you possess. You will be offered the option to personalize the message sent to the recipient before your request is sent.

Are PIN messages private?
    The answer to this question is, it depends. If you are on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), you should assume none of your data is private as it all goes through the BES. If you are on a BIS, conversations are not stored on the device, so they should be relatively private. If you don't know if you are on a BIS or a BES, please see the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what-bes-bis-1459/

None of my friends have a BlackBerry, who can I talk to using BlackBerry Messenger?
    Have no fear, CrackBerry.com is here! (Ok, that was cheesy ) If you are interested in chatting with other CrackBerry addicts, check out the http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/whats-your-pin-736/ thread. Entering your PIN into your profile on this site may generate chat conversations and BlackBerry Messenger Buddies. http://forums.crackberry.com/f47/how...pin-info-1072/
    10-12-09 09:33 PM
    hey the link you have on you post is no good, the one to add friends

What is BlackBerry Messenger?
    BlackBerry Messenger is an instant messenger program for BlackBerry-to-BlackBerry communication utilizing your PIN code.

What is a PIN, and where do I find mine?
    A PIN is an eight digit alpha-numeric sequence that is assigned to every BlackBerry device. You can find your PIN code by going to Options>Status>PIN. You can also find your PIN code by typing "mypin" into an email (no quotes). The BlackBerry will automatically insert your PIN code.

Where do I get BlackBerry Messenger?
    BlackBerry Messenger is built into some of the newer devices. If your device does not come preloaded with BlackBerry Messenger, you can download it at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger through Internet Explorer or your BlackBerry Browser. You cannot download it through FireFox Browser.

Do I need a data plan to use BlackBerry Messenger?
    Yes, BlackBerry Messenger sends pin messages through the BlackBerry servers. A BlackBerry internet plan is required to use this functionality.

Does BlackBerry Messenger cost money to use?
    No, BlackBerry Messenger is free to use. It simply uses data from your data plan. It does not use SMS.

How do I add a contact to BlackBerry Messenger?
    To add a contact, first open BlackBerry Messenger. Click the track wheel/track ball to bring up the menu and select add contact. When you click on add contact, you will be brought to your address book to select the contact you want to add. Simply click on the contact and select request. If you do not have the contact in your address book, scroll to the top of the list and highlight 'use once'. When you click the wheel, you will be able to request by PIN or by email. Select the appropriate one based on what information you possess. You will be offered the option to personalize the message sent to the recipient before your request is sent.

Are PIN messages private?
    The answer to this question is, it depends. If you are on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), you should assume none of your data is private as it all goes through the BES. If you are on a BIS, conversations are not stored on the device, so they should be relatively private. If you don't know if you are on a BIS or a BES, please see the thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what-bes-bis-1459/

None of my friends have a BlackBerry, who can I talk to using BlackBerry Messenger?
    Have no fear, CrackBerry.com is here! (Ok, that was cheesy ) If you are interested in chatting with other CrackBerry addicts, check out the http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/whats-your-pin-736/ thread. Entering your PIN into your profile on this site may generate chat conversations and BlackBerry Messenger Buddies. http://forums.crackberry.com/f47/how...pin-info-1072/
    10-12-09 09:33 PM
    It ported my contacts over no problem. The one deal breaker for me is that it does not show which contacts are available or unavailable. I have read others are having this issue as well, and I just can't believe that this would happen with an "official release" software, when the beta was working just fine.
    I agree that this is a problem. I thought I had the status for each contact when I first downloaded the new version. Hopefully someone has a fix.
    10-13-09 09:15 PM
    New here....A lot of cool stuff
    10-14-09 11:56 AM
    Right! You actually have to view the contact's profile to see status. Kinda silly to have to do that for IM.
    10-14-09 12:44 PM
    and all of my contacts were gone. I am now trying to get them back and the features aren't the same. I select 'invite contacts' and when I type the name of someone in my address book, it says it is an invalid address. When I got to my address book and try to invite someone to messenger, that option is no longer there.

Anyone else having these issues? If so, did you receive help? I have a Blackberry Curve...
    10-16-09 10:11 AM
    I read that unlike the previous version, you must save the picture in order to view it.
    10-16-09 10:13 AM
    I have numerous contacts in my Outlook contacts, but I have no idea which of them use Blackberries. Is there any simple way to identify Blackberry users so I can connect to them via BB Messenger?

Thanks

Bob Garment

(I did look at the BB users search function on Crackberry but it is listed by user name Crackberry user name, not email or actual name)
    10-16-09 10:42 AM
    in the new version, 5.0, is there a way to send pictures to contacts so that you can just view the picture instead of having to save it to your device? That's one thing i miss from the older version.
    10-17-09 02:59 PM
    Even though 5.0 may seem to have some more benefits..ie...more smiley face stuff, larger file transfers etc....what is the real benefit here. The older version was so much easier to just look at a photo real quick, as apposed to having to download it and then go find it to view it? That is a real pain in the ***, so much so that I don't even use thatr function any more. Also, why does the contact's avatar not show up. It initially showed up, when my wife updated her phone, but several other friends have updated and theirs do not. This all seems a little shoddy to me. Just my 2 cents....
    10-17-09 03:11 PM
    HELP! my messenger is not showing items as delivered or read... the check mark just sits there... I installed the the 5.0 version of messenger... thinking that the older version was causing the hang up. Nope it just started again. Yes Ive pulled the battery, PINGED the contact, done a full power down.... nothing is pushing the message through.... yes the contact is available... any thoughts?
    10-20-09 11:05 AM
    HELP! my messenger is not showing items as delivered or read... the check mark just sits there... I installed the the 5.0 version of messenger... thinking that the older version was causing the hang up. Nope it just started again. Yes Ive pulled the battery, PINGED the contact, done a full power down.... nothing is pushing the message through.... yes the contact is available... any thoughts?
    Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing, but did you check your BES?
    10-20-09 11:31 AM
    I've seen other people have symbels in their names that I've never seen before. I can do flags for example the UK flag is *UK* what other are their?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:30 AM
    If you change your display name in BBM 5, does that also change your barcode? Does anyone know?
    10-23-09 12:06 PM
    I've seen other people have symbels in their names that I've never seen before. I can do flags for example the UK flag is *UK* what other are their?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/let...s+you+may+need
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sym...s+you+may+need
    10-23-09 11:44 PM
    Mine wont show me my PIN.

i did the email thing and going into the status, but nothing. =[
    10-25-09 04:14 AM
    Mine wont show me my PIN.

i did the email thing and going into the status, but nothing. =[
    If you are trying to find your pin number type the word mypin and hit spacebar in a text or an email to see it...
    10-26-09 11:26 PM
    Long time lurker and thought I had an account here, but I guess not...

Anyway, I did the OS and BB Messenger update and now I am having some issues with BB Messenger. Both my wife and I have access to a yahoo e-mail account on our BB Storms and when BBM started up for me, it displayed my name as hers. This confused the **** out of me and my contacts. I can't find a way to change which e-mail account BBM is connected to. Any ideas?
    10-27-09 03:57 PM
    Hi!

I just got the Tour, and I upgraded my BB Messenger to the latest version. I got into it once to add a contact, and now when I click on it, it freezes. It just won't do anything.

Then I click the back button, and everything unfreezes no problem.

Should I just maybe reinstall? Or is there another solution?
    11-02-09 10:13 AM
    what's the difference between using text messaging vs. bb messenger? Any pros/cons?
    11-03-09 09:27 AM
    what's the difference between using text messaging vs. bb messenger? Any pros/cons?
    well if you have a limit on your text messages then if you use text it going to count against your text limit.

with BBM it is unlimited through data and only people with blackberrys have it!
    11-03-09 09:28 AM
    oh, perfect! Thanks thinkamp!
    11-03-09 10:24 AM
    thinkamp, is there a way to set an alert for the messenger? right now, the only way to know if I have a msg is that the light is blinking. I went to profiles and set alerts, but they're not working for some reason??? please help if you know, thanks!
    11-03-09 10:27 AM
684 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD