I've looked around in the forums and haven't found a post that addresses this exact situation, though some come close. Or I completely missed it. Either way...

Let's say I'm talking to someone and after I get off the phone, I use BBM to send them something real quick. It will never go through, EVER. I actually have to do a battery pull or use QuickPull before it'll go through. It works just fine afterward. If I tried to send something before restarting, I have to copy and paste it into the message field and send again. It's not delayed, it just won't ever send; it has a clock sitting next to the message permanently. Both of us have full service bars, use the same phone model and have T-Mobile and Sprint as providers. Anyone know a work-around that won't require a battery pull by both parties or know if this is a common problem?
    08-24-09 06:31 PM
    What OS are you running? My 8830 developed that problem when I upgraded to OS 4.5.0.138. It got better when I upgraded to 4.5.0.160. I have not noticed it with my 9630.
    08-24-09 07:03 PM
    i dont know if anyone said this in a reply but what is the difference between the messenger alert and the new message alert? i havent noticed anything that makes the alert or any options!!
    09-11-09 08:44 AM
    i dont know if anyone said this in a reply but what is the difference between the messenger alert and the new message alert? i havent noticed anything that makes the alert or any options!!
    Indeed.. My BBM doesn't make any sound.
    It doesn't even vibrate (that option is 'ON' )
    Only my LED blinks...

What can i do to change that?
    09-11-09 03:36 PM
    BBM is so much better than texting...
    if only more people had blackberries
    09-16-09 11:35 PM
    Just a quick question...on my plan...i get free blackberry email...does that mean my blackberry messenger will be free?
    09-17-09 02:30 PM
    Just a quick question...on my plan...i get free blackberry email...does that mean my blackberry messenger will be free?
    If you have a data plan you can use bbm. I never say for free because you have to pay for the data plan.
    09-18-09 10:50 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8330 with Sprint and wanted to know if there is a way to cancel a message sent on the BBM? The contact that I sent it to (by accident) is unavailable..so I was wondering if there was a way I could cancel the message before it is actually sent?! THANKS!
    10-04-09 10:29 AM
    I have been trying to figure out what 'BIS' was, thanks for the link
    10-05-09 06:41 PM
    OK, I have a question hopefully some one can answer...

In the BB contact list there are blue smileys next to peoples names, right....

OK, what do the clock & the 3 wavey lines mean? Sometimes when I see the clock next to a conacts name, I dont get any messages from them. Whats goin on???
    10-06-09 10:12 AM
    The clock means they are busy and have yet to read your message and the 3 wavy lines means they are on a phone call and haven't been able to recive your bbm and read it.
    10-06-09 10:14 AM
    [QUOTE=Iceman;3348104]Read post #17 of mine here on this thread for the how to. They will eventually know you have read it unless you leave it unread for eternity. PM me if you need help...

I read post #17...didn't help...could you explain? Thanks!
    10-07-09 02:12 PM
    If you have a data plan you can use bbm. I never say for free because you have to pay for the data plan.
    Good point!
    10-07-09 02:13 PM
    You are talking about two different things here. The status when you go to contact info is determined by a couple of things. "Busy" means that the other person has yet to acknowledge or read your msg, although there are ways to read it and not let the other party know @ that moment. They could also be doing something else on the berry to give the "busy" status. Now "unreachable" can mean several things as well. It could mean the other party is on the phone, has the device turned off, or is out of the coverage area/has weak signal. That's why that can bounce back and forth due to the activity of the user. The status message that you are referring to is where you switch from available/unavailable. It is simply a place to put a message stating that you are unable to talk or to put a catchy phrase or words of wisdom for the day. Hope this info helps...
    Great information!
    10-07-09 02:15 PM
    The clock means they are busy and have yet to read your message and the 3 wavy lines means they are on a phone call and haven't been able to recive your bbm and read it.
    3 wavy lines...? What version are you using?
    10-07-09 02:16 PM
    I have a BB Curve 8330 with Sprint and wanted to know if there is a way to cancel a message sent on the BBM? The contact that I sent it to (by accident) is unavailable..so I was wondering if there was a way I could cancel the message before it is actually sent?! THANKS!
    I don't think you can.
    10-07-09 02:17 PM
    BBM is so much better than texting...
    if only more people had blackberries
    I totally agree with you!
    10-07-09 02:18 PM
    That's strange.
    10-07-09 02:19 PM
    i have a question if i upgrade to the new one will i have to re add all of my contacts?
    10-09-09 10:29 AM
    i have a question if i upgrade to the new one will i have to re add all of my contacts?
    No. Your contacts will come into the new version with no action on your part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 10:33 AM
    No. Your contacts will come into the new version with no action on your part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Thank You... will upgrade now..
    10-09-09 10:37 AM
    nope. Everything ports over flawlessly.
    10-09-09 11:25 AM
    Are these only local to your device's address book. In other words, if the contact changes his avatar, will your BBM5 get the new avatar (or stay with just the picture you have in your address book)?

Thanks!!
    10-09-09 01:45 PM
    It ported my contacts over no problem. The one deal breaker for me is that it does not show which contacts are available or unavailable. I have read others are having this issue as well, and I just can't believe that this would happen with an "official release" software, when the beta was working just fine.
    10-09-09 02:51 PM
    Are these only local to your device's address book. In other words, if the contact changes his avatar, will your BBM5 get the new avatar (or stay with just the picture you have in your address book)?

Thanks!!
    I think the Avatars are tied in to the pictures in your contacts (option), otherwise they just appear as blue people icons. You can change them manually, but I was wondering if there was a way to get/use the avatar your buddy set up for himself. I also want others to see my turtle as opposed to a blue person icon.

Am I making sense? Is it possible?
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 10-09-09 at 02:59 PM.
    10-09-09 02:57 PM
684 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD