If the other declined, I'd suppose not.
    07-23-09 12:20 AM
    Is international messaging on BBM included with BIS plans? Like if I have a friend's PIN who lives in another country, can we communicate with BBM for free? Thanks in advance.
    07-23-09 12:41 PM
    Is international messaging on BBM included with BIS plans? Like if I have a friend's PIN who lives in another country, can we communicate with BBM for free? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, BBM IMs are included in the BIS plan.
    07-23-09 01:06 PM
    Im having trouble with the messenger..Ive tried to add people and it doesnt go through it says that its pending waiting for authorization but my friend says they never got it...???
    07-23-09 01:19 PM
    Yes, BBM IMs are included in the BIS plan.
    Thanks. I knew domestic BBM IMs were included in the BIS plan but I was not sure if there was an additional charge if the recepient is overseas.
    07-23-09 01:52 PM
    are we able to use bbm if we do not have service?
    or do we have to be within service area.
    cuz that would be a great alternative when up in the mountains or something
    07-23-09 09:47 PM
    To me BBM is like a private chat service that only SOME of my friends can use. The day I got my 8330 I went to the bar that night and realized "Oh wow.......everyone in my group of friends has a Blackberry now" So we all use it rather than SMS. makes us feel special
    07-23-09 09:48 PM
    are we able to use bbm if we do not have service?
    or do we have to be within service area.
    cuz that would be a great alternative when up in the mountains or something
    Yes, you have to have a data connection to use bbm. You can easily test this by turning off your radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:48 PM
    ok so i have the regular tmobile unlimited messages plan. (no internet, no blackberry anything)
    will i be able to use blackberry messenger?
    and if so, will i be charged extra even though i have unlimited messaging?
    please help me out with this, i gotta know
    08-04-09 03:40 PM
    ok so i have the regular tmobile unlimited messages plan. (no internet, no blackberry anything)
    will i be able to use blackberry messenger?
    and if so, will i be charged extra even though i have unlimited messaging?
    please help me out with this, i gotta know
    BBM runs off of data. No data plan, no BBM...
    08-04-09 08:35 PM
    That's odd, first I would say do a battery pull and see if you get both options.

If that doesn't work you could always go into your address book and add a contact with the email/pin you have. Then when you click add you can just click their name instead of use once. Let us know how it works out.
    There is no way that you can import your other IM contacts and use them on BBM, correct (msn, yahoo, aol etc)? Sometimes I am reading and it seems like folks are doing this, but I didnt think you could
    08-05-09 04:13 AM
    nice info..i was wondering if sending messages thru bbm costs some money, and i finally saw the answer here. maybe it is better for international communication..waaaaay cheaper.
    08-06-09 03:17 AM
    I have the 8900. I'm trying to download the new blackberry messenger. Not the basic one that comes with the new phone. Any suggestions?
    08-10-09 06:34 PM
    I have the 8900. I'm trying to download the new blackberry messenger. Not the basic one that comes with the new phone. Any suggestions?
    Given all the problems people have had with it, I would suggest you not use it. If it was ready for public use, it would be released to the public.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 06:37 PM
    love BBM so easy
    08-10-09 06:42 PM
    sweet way to have all the "faq's" written out..
    08-13-09 01:17 PM
    Ok, I'll be honest, I didnt read a whole lot of this thread and I def didn't read the whole thing so my question may already be answered just wondering if someone will answer again if that's the case. So here it is, when using bbm I've noticed on occasion contacts status will change without them actually going into the options and changing it themselves. For example one minute the status will say contact is busy/unreachable the next it won't and when I go to change my status intentionally the only choices I have are available or unavailable, so my question is what is the difference and why does it change like that?
    08-13-09 09:10 PM
    Ok, I'll be honest, I didnt read a whole lot of this thread and I def didn't read the whole thing so my question may already be answered just wondering if someone will answer again if that's the case. So here it is, when using bbm I've noticed on occasion contacts status will change without them actually going into the options and changing it themselves. For example one minute the status will say contact is busy/unreachable the next it won't and when I go to change my status intentionally the only choices I have are available or unavailable, so my question is what is the difference and why does it change like that?
    You are talking about two different things here. The status when you go to contact info is determined by a couple of things. "Busy" means that the other person has yet to acknowledge or read your msg, although there are ways to read it and not let the other party know @ that moment. They could also be doing something else on the berry to give the "busy" status. Now "unreachable" can mean several things as well. It could mean the other party is on the phone, has the device turned off, or is out of the coverage area/has weak signal. That's why that can bounce back and forth due to the activity of the user. The status message that you are referring to is where you switch from available/unavailable. It is simply a place to put a message stating that you are unable to talk or to put a catchy phrase or words of wisdom for the day. Hope this info helps...
    08-13-09 11:20 PM
    You are talking about two different things here. The status when you go to contact info is determined by a couple of things. "Busy" means that the other person has yet to acknowledge or read your msg, although there are ways to read it and not let the other party know @ that moment. They could also be doing something else on the berry to give the "busy" status. Now "unreachable" can mean several things as well. It could mean the other party is on the phone, has the device turned off, or is out of the coverage area/has weak signal. That's why that can bounce back and forth due to the activity of the user. The status message that you are referring to is where you switch from available/unavailable. It is simply a place to put a message stating that you are unable to talk or to put a catchy phrase or words of wisdom for the day. Hope this info helps...
    you said- "Busy" means that the other person has yet to acknowledge or read your msg, although there are ways to read it and not let the other party know @ that moment.

how can one view a message w/o the other person knowing? can you elaborate, because I would like to know how to do that. thx
    08-15-09 08:54 AM
    you said- "Busy" means that the other person has yet to acknowledge or read your msg, although there are ways to read it and not let the other party know @ that moment.

how can one view a message w/o the other person knowing? can you elaborate, because I would like to know how to do that. thx
    Read post #17 of mine here on this thread for the how to. They will eventually know you have read it unless you leave it unread for eternity. PM me if you need help...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/bb...ght=bbm+tricks
    08-15-09 12:35 PM
    i notice the letters EN on the top right corner when i type. how do i remove them?
    08-15-09 09:11 PM
    Good Info.
    08-16-09 12:47 AM
    A friend of mine has a contact name in his BlackBerry messenger that is blank (In the contact list), however it appears normally during the BB chat. Also when you try to open the contact info (To view the PIN, status, and name) it does not allow me. (A strange error msg appears that I cant remember)

However the person�s status appears in the main bb messenger screen.

He wont tell me how it's done and so far everyone I asked couldn't give me an answer. !

EXAMPLE of the main contact screen:

BLANK - Working from home today

The name is completely blank (No dots or commas etc).

I want to know:

1. How can you do it?
    2. Who has to change the name (The unknown contact or my friend?)
    3. How can I open the contact info?
    4. Can all BB do this or certain models or networks/

Additional Info:

Phone: BB Curve 8900
    Network: Etisalat
    Weird contact's phone or network: Unknown (He won't tell me)

Appreciate any info you can give!
    08-20-09 02:10 AM
    i just updated my bb messenger and i am able to see my friends lil pic in upper left hand corner , however they r unable to see mine. what am i doing wrong , can any one help me out?
    08-22-09 10:39 AM
    nice post!!!!!!!
    08-24-09 05:19 AM
684 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD