BB messenger is a pretty handy tool for boring meetings or conversations that you have to take a break from. I use it and enjoy it.
    04-16-08 04:44 PM
    bump for a friend
    04-30-08 03:56 PM
    Friend,
    I Am Just Getting Ivolved With Bb Curbe 8320. It Apparently Does Not Come With Instant Messanger Installed Since The Icon Is Not Shown And It Cannot Be Found In Any Menu. The Version Of Software Is 4.2.
    In The Bbmessenger.com Site You Can Only Dowload 4.0 Or 4.1.

What Do I Do???
    05-06-08 10:46 PM
    Ok, I've searched everywhere in this forum and still haven't found the answer.

When I want to add a contact in my messenger -- at first, it would give me the option to choose by email or by pin.

Now, it seems that when someone sends me their pin, the messenger only gives me the option to add a contact through email.

Then, if I want to add a contact through email, it only gives me the option to do a pin.

It doesn't even give me the option to pick or choose how I want to add someone, what am I doing wrong????
    OK, I was/am having the same problem he/she is having above.

I joined a thread, have the PIN number and want to add some people/friends to my messenger.

Are you saying that all I do is create a contact list with the PIN number only and when it brings up my contact list I add it from there.

I just thought I could select "add contact" and would be able to add a PIN number from there.

Makes no sense that we are using PIN messenger and have to add by using an e-mail address. I mean Messenger is not using the e-mail, it's using the PIN...Right?

SO..., add pin to contact (ie, 1234abc) I have to have nothing else, no email, no name, nothing. Hit send/select whatever it gives and that's it.

msblueline
    05-08-08 07:19 AM
    make sure they have a data plan
    05-13-08 07:20 PM
    Yesterday I had to wipe my handheld because I messed up some settings in my browser and I coudn't figure out how to get it back. Anyways I sorted that out but when I tried re-adding my BB Messenger contacts I have ran into some problems. For one thing, it defaults to email not PIN which is weird. I have all the PIN's saved in my contacts and it has never used email before. So fine, I try to hit Menu while the contact is highlight and I say add via pin. I do this but they just get stuck in pending.

I think it all started because after I did my reset yesterday I changed my security encyption to "high". I thought I had this set before but now I realize that I didn't have any security on. This gave me some weird message at the top of my BB Messenger about security. Anyways so I turned security off and re-booted my BB. This cleared the security message but I am still having the same problems trying to add my friends back to messenger.

So I wiped my BB again but still nothing! Any ideas?
    05-13-08 09:39 PM
    I've tried searching the forums and maybe I'm just bad at it but I can't figure out my problem. I have a BB Pearl 8130 from Verizon. I can't find BB Messenger on it anywhere and I tried to download it using the link from the Lecture 8 write up but it said - "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1."
    Can anybody tell me how to get BB Messenger on my BB or if it's somehow on here already and I'm just stupid, tell me where it is?
    05-15-08 06:00 PM
    do you ever have to "sign out" of bbm? or do you just constantly leave it running...and to get out of it youd do the same as in getting out of ur text message bow, but hitting the menu key and close? just curious if everyone leaves themselved logged in or is there a way to log in and log out of bbm? i just hit the menu key and select close but not sure what that is doing exactly
    05-15-08 11:37 PM
    Thanks alot!
    05-16-08 04:29 PM
    Everytime I got to add a contact it just pops up "Select a contact" and says *Empty* and all I can do is hit cancel... I am stumped!
    05-20-08 09:56 AM
    Do you have the PIN number programmed into the Contact?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 09:57 AM
    I received a file via bb messenger and forgot to save it before I ended the conversation. Is this file saved elsewhere on the BB? I have a BB curve 8310
    05-20-08 12:58 PM
    I received a file via bb messenger and forgot to save it before I ended the conversation. Is this file saved elsewhere on the BB? I have a BB curve 8310
    Sorry, but no - once the convo is ended, and you didn't save the file, that's it. See if the person can resend it.
    05-20-08 01:13 PM
    definitely found this useful, thanks trevor!!!
    05-21-08 05:30 PM
    Ditto Trevor! Thanks for the info, I just got my curve a week ago and its off the hook! I cant put it down
    05-21-08 05:55 PM
    The PIN systems works very well. Thanks, Joe
    05-26-08 04:23 AM
    Verrrry helpful post, thanks! answered all my questions.
    05-27-08 02:38 PM
    What does it mean when the name in your BB Messenger contact is ITALIC???? Could not figure it, out anyone know????
    06-02-08 11:12 PM
    I really need to know if messenger can be seen by my company. Here is what I know. My blackberry uses verizon for phone service. The email clearly goes through the company's email server (i don't know that it is a bb server). I have internet access that does not go through the company server if I use the non-bb browser. I can't imagine for a second the messenger is going through the company. I have a friend with a bb and her own company. Her messenger clearly is not using a company server and is getting to me. Having a bb and company email through does not mean that the company has a bb server, does it? I need to know! Thanks
    06-05-08 09:41 PM
    I really need to know if messenger can be seen by my company. Here is what I know. My blackberry uses verizon for phone service. The email clearly goes through the company's email server (i don't know that it is a bb server). I have internet access that does not go through the company server if I use the non-bb browser. I can't imagine for a second the messenger is going through the company. I have a friend with a bb and her own company. Her messenger clearly is not using a company server and is getting to me. Having a bb and company email through does not mean that the company has a bb server, does it? I need to know! Thanks
    As stated on numerous posts and the beginning of this one. BES = always possible, I'd assume somewhere in your hiring packets there is information on company property and what they monitor and don't monitor. I assume they want you to use your BB for company use if your running on their BES and they issued the BB. Same with numerous people these days getting in trouble / fired for viewing things they shouldn't on company computers. If your in doubt, don't do it. Then again if your running on BIS don't worry about it. However, your company e-mail will run through their servers regardless of BIS or BES.

What is BlackBerry Messenger?
    BlackBerry Messenger is an instant messenger program for BlackBerry-to-BlackBerry communication utilizing your PIN code.[...]

Are PIN messages private?
    The answer to this question is, it depends. If you are on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), you should assume none of your data is private as it all goes through the BES. If you are on a BIS, conversations are not stored on the device, so they should be relatively private. [...]
    If your BB was purchased on your own and your running BIS you have nothing to worry about. If it was company issued and or it is mandatory for your job, do they have you subscribing to their server and have you set up with VZW on a BES? Again, your company e-mail whether pushed to your BB or viewed on a browser on a PC will always go through their servers. The account is hosted on their servers and will always pass through them. This meaning yes they can view everything as far as company e-mail goes. The BB thing in general depends on BES vs BIS. Hope I helped, maybe someone else can it explain it better to you also.
    06-12-08 07:23 PM
    I am Having an Issue with my messenger. when I got to menu while highlighted on 2 seperate contacts it will give me the options email.. sms.. etc but when it come to the mms it give me an enitrely diferent name yet the correct phone number
    06-12-08 09:03 PM
    This thread has been alot of great info. I am a new Curve owner and I am loving it. I don't think I will ever go back to a "regular" phone.

Question: Sometimes I am having a convo on messenger and I get the notification I have a new Messenger message. I can see the beginning of the message from my blackberrys "messages" home screen, but when I open the Blackberry Messenger the recent message is not there.
    I have even been actively chatting with someone and see the "XYZ is typing a message" and I get the notification but no message appears. ??

I end up having to close the convo and start a new one in order for it to start working properly.

Any ideas? Appreciated.

Feel free to hit me up if you want. PIN is posted
    (edit) Hmmm maybe not since I am new. Anyways PIN: 24723373
    Last edited by Beta_Roc; 06-12-08 at 10:18 PM. Reason: PIN is not showing next to avatar
    06-12-08 10:16 PM
    Lol. This is my first post FROM my blackberry.
    Now I know I will never get any work done. Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 11:08 PM
    all these problems posted here seem intimidating for when i get my BB (hopefully tomorrow), but just to check BBM works between carriers, right?
    06-12-08 11:35 PM
    What am I doing wrong? I have tried every combination of rearranging the info in different boxes

06-13-08 08:49 PM
684 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD