are any blacberry users on the forum from the uk ?
    I am IN UK
    06-26-09 06:46 AM
    I would like to know if someone would receive a notification if you delete their contact from your BB...
    06-26-09 06:50 AM
    are any blacberry users on the forum from the uk ?
    Wrong place, this belongs in the Social Forums.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/
    06-26-09 06:54 AM
    I would like to know if someone would receive a notification if you delete their contact from your BB...
    No if you delete a contact from your list then they no longer can send or receive messages. Now if they have performed a backup with you as a contact they can do a restore and have you back on their list.
    06-26-09 06:56 AM
    Thanks for your very quick answer, Iceman

I only hope he's not done a backup for a while... :P
    06-26-09 07:00 AM
    Thanks for your very quick answer, Iceman

I only hope he's not done a backup for a while... :P
    Your welcome anytime. Maybe he doesn't know the trick, or never did a backup with you as a contact. Good luck...
    06-26-09 07:15 AM
    ok so i tried to add someone to my B.B.M and the first one worked said pending. then i tried to add someone else and it just says select a contact after i select the person i want but the contact list is now empty??????
    06-27-09 07:27 PM
    ok so i tried to add someone to my B.B.M and the first one worked said pending. then i tried to add someone else and it just says select a contact after i select the person i want but the contact list is now empty??????
    How are you sending invites? Are you doing this by pin or email? Also when you send a request on BBM the other party has to accept. If you had one that said pending the other party may have added then deleted you since there are no longer any contacts on your BBM list.
    06-27-09 11:38 PM
    How are you sending invites? Are you doing this by pin or email? Also when you send a request on BBM the other party has to accept. If you had one that said pending the other party may have added then deleted you since there are no longer any contacts on your BBM list.
    am not sure if by email or pin i do the way they say to add contact and am selecting someone i know that has a BB and and it just comes up with that message and the list is blank its one of those stupid i need to show you things i think
    06-27-09 11:57 PM
    am not sure if by email or pin i do the way they say to add contact and am selecting someone i know that has a BB and and it just comes up with that message and the list is blank its one of those stupid i need to show you things i think
    Okay first things first. All parties have data plans right? If so the easiest way to add a person on BBM is with their PIN number, which is unique to each BB. To do so just tell your contact to type the word mypin and hit spacebar in a text message and send that number to you, or you can do this and send it to your friend(s). Once you have the pin number for your friend, take it and copy it then add it to your address book under that persons's name. Then all you need to do is go to BBM, hit menu>add a contact>type the person's name in and send the invite. It should then go into pending.
    06-28-09 12:02 AM
    does it make a difference if you have more then 1 number under that contact??? or will it still work if i have say their house work and thier BB
    06-28-09 04:45 PM
    does it make a difference if you have more then 1 number under that contact??? or will it still work if i have say their house work and thier BB
    No it doesn't matter because you are sending the request with a PIN number.
    06-28-09 04:47 PM
    i have a blackberry bold and need to reinstall blackberry messenger please help
    thank you
    06-30-09 05:25 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger is installed as an OS module. Run the Desktop Manager Application Loader and check the box by BlackBerry Messenger to install it. If you don't have a checkbox for BlackBerry Messenger, you will need to download and install your BlackBerry OS on your PC first. BlackBerry Messenger is not an OTA download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 10:19 PM
    OK i've searched and not found one...is there a list of what all the icons are in the BB IM app? They look to vary a bit from version to version and device to device too...but are basically the same...also, does the user status change when you are on a voice call or listening to a meda file...I thought i saw one of my contacts say someting like on phone...then it went to a little note symbol and had some track info from a song i think??
    07-04-09 04:46 PM
    I have tried to download messenger from the site but it tells me I dont have the corect software version to support it...It states 4.0 or 4.1.. I have 4.5 on my BBcurve 8330 ..what gives?
    07-04-09 05:00 PM
    My address book does not come up when I select add contact. A box comes up and asks me to add by pin or e-mail.
    07-14-09 07:12 PM
    Is there any way possible to use the BlackBerry Messenger using Wi-Fi?
    07-15-09 10:43 PM
    Is there any way to avoid people seeing when you've read their messagees
    07-17-09 09:00 PM
    My address book does not come up when I select add contact. A box comes up and asks me to add by pin or e-mail.
    You can paste your contacts pin number in your address book then whenever this box comes up when you type that name of that contact it will send the request by pin number...
    Is there any way to avoid people seeing when you've read their messagees
    There is a trick to not let your contact know when you've read the message. They will eventualy unless you just leave the convo open for an eternity. Look at my post which is #17 in this thread on how to do this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bbm-tricks-190109/
    07-17-09 10:40 PM
    Thank you that information helped
    07-18-09 09:50 AM
    Thanks 4 info! Is there ne way 2 rmv ur pin once posted? I posted my pin (newbie mistake) & now got a nut buggin me-sum how chgns name maybe even pin cuz I kp deleting him

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 12:38 PM
    Thanks for this.
    07-20-09 08:57 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger 4.6 OTA download Click Here

Good luck
    07-20-09 09:15 PM
    I invited 2 of my contacts to a BB conversation thru BB messaging. Only one accepted the invite- (friend 1). We proceeded with the conversation. I ended the conversation. Question: Will friend 2 see the conversation thread even if he didnt officially join the conversation and after the fact that i ended the conversation? Help please....
    07-23-09 12:03 AM
684 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD