when i use my bb messenger i dont understand that how will i come to know if a contact in my list is online was never able to figure that .today i just sent a message to a bb contact in my list and to my suprise he replied and i thought he was not online.
    05-20-09 05:43 AM
    Sorry moderator but it's very importatnt as i think...
    How do you protects from swine flue?
    05-20-09 07:05 AM
    Hey guys! I'm new here but I just wanted to get a FYI out there. I was so excited to use the Blackberry Messenger and using it like crazy until I got my bill. I found out that every BBM (Blackberry Message) actually counts as one of my text messages. I contacted TMobile and they confirmed that, yes they do count them as texts. My friend has Verizon and she was told that they don't count for texts because BBM's are data and cannot even be tracked. Just a heads up for everyone, especially TMobile customers.
    Is this the case for international customers? I plan to use a Blackberry in South Africa on Vodafone.
    05-20-09 01:30 PM
    Does BB Messenger have an archive of the conversations? Or does it delete upon closing out the app?
    05-28-09 01:28 PM
    Thats my question as well. For the last 2 days, my phone has deleted my BB convos when it didn't before. My contacts, address book and everything else is intact but lately the convos are being deleted.

Is this a memory problem or is this regular?
    05-28-09 02:52 PM
    here's one for you....

I was told the other day that Blackberry PIN messages are free from anywhere in the world. Is it true? I was told by a Blackberry trainer by the way.
    Also the start of this thread states you need a BB data plan (which is chargeable)...
    05-29-09 03:46 PM
    Hello, I've tried to search but don't think anyone has asked this before -hope I'm right. Just wonder if there's anyway to email the conversation on BBM? Thanks guys
    You can copy a BBM convo by selecting menu>copy history or if your anywhere above the reply field hit trackball>copy history. Then you can paste it wherever you want text message, email, etc.

Does BB Messenger have an archive of the conversations? Or does it delete upon closing out the app?
    The app itself does not archive the convo. However if you copy the history you could do so yourself.

Thats my question as well. For the last 2 days, my phone has deleted my BB convos when it didn't before. My contacts, address book and everything else is intact but lately the convos are being deleted.

Is this a memory problem or is this regular?
    Could be a memory problem check your file free memory and adjust accordingly if needed.
    05-31-09 12:34 AM
    You can copy a BBM convo by selecting menu>copy history or if your anywhere above the reply field hit trackball>copy history. Then you can paste it wherever you want text message, email, etc.
    That's true. Once did that but didn't copy all the messages. But I tried again after I posted that question and ok now. Cheers Iceman

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 02:52 AM

Could be a memory problem check your file free memory and adjust accordingly if needed.
    Thanks Iceman! I think I figured out the problem.
    05-31-09 11:38 PM
    So it's been asked a few different places but I wanted to get some more details about how easily intercepted and read BBM messages are since I've only really seen some general responses.

First, take the case of using BBM on a BIS since if your business wants to monitor anything corporate sponsored it pretty much can as would be the case with a BES.

Now I know that due to the high traffic one can assume that if it is sent over BIS it will go unnoticed, however if RIM wanted to monitor a certain person's activities I'd assume it would be relatively easy to track messages based on its source. So in the case that RIM had a collection of the data sent by BBM from a certain account would they be readable? Essentially, when messages are sent are they encrypted or left as plain text? I've read both from some different sources.

I have some friends who want this cleared up and they've turned to me since I do Information Assurance Engineering and I know about the different encryption schemes etc. I'm actually using an OMAP 2430 development board right now (used for Blackberry development) to create 256-bit AES encryption for some government applications, so I know my way around and can handle pretty technical details so lay em on me. I'll put it in laymen's terms for everyone later once I have a good answer.
    06-01-09 03:15 PM
    ok im a real newbie lol... but i have a problem... my plan is the everything data blackberry plan i have the 8350i...i found my bbm pin so i gave it to my friends who have blackberry... i added them to.. but it still says pending and my friends said they still never got my request... i was looking at the enterprise activation screen and it says not activated.. i was wondering if thats means my bbm is not activated??? or there something i have to do to activate it..
    06-02-09 05:47 AM
    sorry further to add i ran a diagnostic and it said blackberry registration: no connected to black berry: no
    blackberry pin-pin: no a nd everything else is unknown...
    06-02-09 05:55 AM
    That's true. Once did that but didn't copy all the messages. But I tried again after I posted that question and ok now. Cheers Iceman

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No problem...

Thanks Iceman! I think I figured out the problem.
    Your welcome anytime my friend...
    06-02-09 06:23 AM
    but does it show up anywhere on the bill? i have unlimited data plan dont want to get found out
    06-02-09 03:35 PM
    but does it show up anywhere on the bill? i have unlimited data plan dont want to get found out
    I, like you, have Verizon and the BBM messenges are part of your data plan. My first concern was if they counted as text messages but after speaking to representatives and receiving my bill, they do not. Its all included in the Verizon BB data plan and since you have unlimited, you won't incur any additional charges.
    06-02-09 04:22 PM
    Is their away to not have your new messages pop up in a conversation you are having with another PIN contact?

Thanks in advance
    06-03-09 12:04 AM
    bump anybody?? please!!
    06-03-09 03:12 AM
    HELLO??? anyone please. lol It's kind of annoying that it does that.
    06-03-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the info, however I'm still having a problem. When I go to download BB Messenger, it tells me that the page isn't found or has been moved. It keeps me on the BB website, but I'm just going in circles. Is there any other place to download it?
    06-07-09 11:49 PM
    Try enabling it through Blackberry desktop. Click on Application manager then check the little box next to it. Do you have the newest OS installed? Install the latest OS if not, and make sure the box is checked.
    06-08-09 02:08 AM
    I highly doubt it. If it's not in the options, it's not possible. Just the way the program was written. Sorry. I find it useful.

Is their away to not have your new messages pop up in a conversation you are having with another PIN contact?

Thanks in advance
    06-08-09 02:10 AM
    where are the pin messages stored on the BES server?
    06-08-09 12:47 PM
    Was on the subway the other day and whipped out my 8330. The guy across from me was working his out and I got a PIN request which I'm sure was from him. Was not the first time... how did this happen? If this question has already been answered I couldn't find it in the forum search so please add a link if it has. If not, someone help me out!
    06-11-09 11:11 PM
    I may have missed this but what do I do if my messenger acts on a HUGE delay??? Like someone can send me a message and it takes FOREVER for me to get it OR I can send them one and they respond but unless i KNOW they sent it it will not come to me for a lil while...IF I know they most likely responded bc it says they are typing a message I can send one or two messages back to them and it will POP up! Is it ME or is it my phone??? Thanks!
    06-12-09 08:11 AM
    Check your free file for low memory, also I noticed this with cross carrier they act a little slow at first.
    06-12-09 08:27 AM
684 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD