I just got my new 8100 pearl...... how do i get started with messanger
    Step 1. Get a friend who has a BlackBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-08 03:56 PM
    Every thread I read states that messenger does not cost if you have a data plan, but according to Sprint (just talked to them today), messenger is just an advanced form of text messenging and costs $0.15 per message (in and out).

Has anyone else experienced this? Also, does it matter if you are on an enterprise server (work phone)?
    I would chock this up to someone at Sprint who doesn't know what they are talking about ... it is not a text message, it is blackberry to blackberry messaging using RIM servers.

I use it with other BB users on multiple cell phone carriers and I have never been charged for a message.

I use it with people with personal BB's & all of my co-workers are on the BES, so yes, it works on all BB's.

Also, Trajan - You can request to add a contact either via PIN or e-mail. I always find it works quicker to use the PIN option.

LOVE BB Messenger!
    Last edited by momto4xys; 03-19-08 at 09:16 PM.
    03-19-08 09:12 PM
    good guide for new BB user
    it help me alot ......
    thanks ....
    03-20-08 08:21 AM
    what does the letter "r" or "d" mean above the check mark when sending a message.
    03-24-08 06:14 PM
    When emailing using the .blackberry.xxx account or through pin. R means recieved and d means delivered.
    03-24-08 09:38 PM
    what does the letter "r" or "d" mean above the check mark when sending a message.

D = Message Delivered. R = Message Read
    03-24-08 09:40 PM
    thank you......
    03-25-08 02:20 AM
    I've searched and searched and cannot find the answer to this. I LOVE BB messenger, but cannot get (no matter how many profiles I change) it to vibrate, tone or anything when a message is received. Red light goes on but it is silent...so I have to STARE it to see if I have a little smiley face. What am I doing wrong?
    03-26-08 02:54 PM
    I have tried all of the above and nothing seems to work.
    03-26-08 02:58 PM
    Duble check "Level One Messages" settings in your profile - May be the problem
    03-26-08 03:00 PM
    I am trying to chat with peeps on the messenger right now, and I can see my replies but I can't see theirs. So I went to the text messages folder and saw the replies there, but can't open them up, I only see the header of their reply and it is cut off of course, any ideas?
    03-27-08 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the thread. I use it and stll learned something

03-31-08 03:53 PM
    I am trying to chat with peeps on the messenger right now, and I can see my replies but I can't see theirs. So I went to the text messages folder and saw the replies there, but can't open them up, I only see the header of their reply and it is cut off of course, any ideas?
    Crafty, (I'm a newbie so I do not profess to know a whole lot) allow me to answer you as this use to happen to me . Pull out your battery to restart your phone. You'll be able to see your msgs. This happens to me when I have the phone doing too many things as well as when memory leaks occur.
    To avoid this maintain as much filefree as you can.
    03-31-08 04:43 PM
    This is great info!! Thanks.
    03-31-08 10:39 PM
    can you use blackberry messenger with a non blackberry Rogers Sim Card?

if yes/no why/how?
    04-01-08 01:14 PM
    I'm so lost. Hubby and I want to be able to send each other messages thru messenger. We've followed the directions here to send a request to each other. Requests have been sent, but neither of us have received the requests. We've done battery pulls, re-sent requests using directions in this thread, everything we can think of. What's happening? Why aren't we receiving requests to add each other? Please help!!
    04-01-08 06:32 PM
    Same thing is happening to me. Only it is with just one contact and I can never see anything she types to me. She gets all my msgs and my blackberry alerts me when she responds but there is nothing there. All of my other Blackberry Messenger contacts work fine. Any ideas?
    04-01-08 08:02 PM
    I am having a problem with my BB8310 curve. I've had it replaced but I don't understand how the problem started to begin with. I had only had my phone for about 35 days, then one morning it flashed the red light and the screen went blank. At first I thought it was because the battery was low but when it did it again after I had just finished recharging it I got concerned. See I work offshore on a towboat in the river and canal between baton rouge and corpus cristi and new orleans. And until tuesday april 15th 2008 its never been hooked to any computer. I had it replaced but it has done it again several times. Could it be in the O.S.? If so what can I do or does my service carrier have to handle that?
    Signed,
    Confused boatman42057

04-13-08 12:55 PM
    great info! Already knew most of it, but its still good to have documented.
    04-13-08 01:29 PM
    Hey there CB messenger junkies!

I have a 8300 on ATT with BIS and BB messenger works fine for me most of the time.

Sometimes when I pull the battery to to a restart I CAN NOT send a picture via messenger??? I can text back and forth with all my contacts but I can't send OR receive pix? (ie: i snap a pic, go to the envelope to send and all I see is send via MMS or email) Sometime it will come back after I sync with my PC and sometimes it wont come back for 12-36 hrs after I pulled that battery?

I even called RIM tech support, they had my reinstall my OS and I still come across these issues.

Anyone ever have the problem of not being able to send pix via messenger?

Messenger does work MOST of the time but I get these spurts of picture outages that other ATT BB users I know don't get?

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    04-16-08 07:41 AM
    It wont work from within messenger either via Send File?
    04-16-08 07:42 AM
    It wont work from within messenger either via Send File?
    I can use the "send a file" option and they get the pictures.

but

If they try and send me a picture via the "send file" I DO NOT get the picture??
    04-16-08 08:16 AM
    My gf has the 8800 for t mobile and i cannot find the icon for BB Messenger. I looked at the applications and it shows it there but not sure what's wrong. Please help. Thank you.
    04-16-08 09:00 AM
    My gf has the 8800 for t mobile and i cannot find the icon for BB Messenger. I looked at the applications and it shows it there but not sure what's wrong. Please help. Thank you.
    Welcome to CB.
    04-16-08 11:20 AM
    Perhaps it's hidden. (I have a Curve 8320, but I think this is the same for all models). Go to the icon screen and press the menu button (left side next to the trackball), then choose "show all." This will show all hidden icons, folders, etc.
    Another thing, depending on the theme you have chosen, the BBM icon looks different. In the Zen theme it's a blue speech bubble with BB logo in it. But the T-Mobile Zen it's like two chest game men in front of a floppy disk (best way I can describe it), in that particular one it has all the IMs in that icon.
    So maybe you're looking for the blue speech bubble when in fact you have the floppy disk with the two men? HTH
    04-16-08 12:40 PM
684 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD