My BB Messenger only allows me to type in the persons e-mail and not their PIN (Any idea why?)
    03-01-08 03:08 PM
    If you enter a pin in that field, your BB will recognize it and handle it approriatly. It is a bit confusing, but it does work! Have fun!
    03-02-08 11:53 AM
    i need help!. ive added like 6 people to my messenger and no one ha said yes yet. am i doing something wrong? can someone add me?
    03-02-08 02:14 PM
    Hi, I tried adding some friends by pin but I only get the option to add them by email. Please help
    03-02-08 02:20 PM
    Hi, I tried adding some friends by pin but I only get the option to add them by email. Please help
    whats your pin ill try to add you
    03-02-08 02:24 PM
    whats your pin ill try to add you
    My pin is 243C7E08
    03-02-08 02:46 PM
    My pin is 243C7E08
    okkk i sentt
    03-02-08 02:52 PM
    My pin is 243C7E08
    Sent a request.
    03-02-08 03:02 PM
    Is there any way to password protect the BB Messenger application? I have searched the forums to no avail. Thanks.
    03-03-08 12:38 PM
    Does anybody know what the icons on BB Messenger mean....because sometimes I see a clock next to my message and I'm wondering if that indicates that the message did not reach the other party??? Can anyone help with this?
    03-03-08 01:47 PM
    I was told my T-Mobile's PDA department that it eats up my text messaging plan. I signed up for the 400 text messages thinking that I could use Blackberry Messenger without it affecting my text messages. I checked my account online yesterday and every BB Message I sent and received was being charged as a text message.

Anyone else have this problem on T-Mobile?

I also have the $19.99 BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on Feature
    - Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing.
    Last edited by yoyaoh; 03-03-08 at 03:47 PM.
    03-03-08 03:39 PM
    I'm really frustrated with my Blackberry Messenger. My roommate and I got our Blackberrys on the same day and have been using Blackberry Messenger with other people but can't use it together. We've tried adding each other multiple times, deleting ourselves from each other's BM and then readding ourselves. When I go into BM, I bring up the menu, click on add a contact, and when I click on her name, it brings me to a "page" where it has her email and phone number listed. I don't know what to do, with everyone else it was so easy. The one time we got it to work, I was sending her messages but I couldn't receive any of her messages and it said she had no conversations. If anyone can help us out that'd be great. Right now we're emailing each other to "IM"!
    03-09-08 08:38 PM
    I'm really frustrated with my Blackberry Messenger. My roommate and I got our Blackberrys on the same day and have been using Blackberry Messenger with other people but can't use it together. We've tried adding each other multiple times, deleting ourselves from each other's BM and then readding ourselves. When I go into BM, I bring up the menu, click on add a contact, and when I click on her name, it brings me to a "page" where it has her email and phone number listed. I don't know what to do, with everyone else it was so easy. The one time we got it to work, I was sending her messages but I couldn't receive any of her messages and it said she had no conversations. If anyone can help us out that'd be great. Right now we're emailing each other to "IM"!
    Try deleting her pin off her information in your contact's list. And go to the BBM app > Add a Contact > (takes you to your address book) SCROLL up to "Use Once" > Hit the MENU key > Request By Pin > Manually put in her Pin #.
    03-09-08 08:44 PM
    I was told my T-Mobile's PDA department that it eats up my text messaging plan. I signed up for the 400 text messages thinking that I could use Blackberry Messenger without it affecting my text messages. I checked my account online yesterday and every BB Message I sent and received was being charged as a text message.

Anyone else have this problem on T-Mobile?

I also have the $19.99 BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on Feature
    - Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing.
    Blackberry Messenger uses Data. If I were you I'd call up TMO and get that straighten out.
    03-09-08 08:52 PM
    Is there any way to password protect the BB Messenger application? I have searched the forums to no avail. Thanks.
    Nope, No way. Sorry guess you're just going to have to rename your contacts so that your gf/bf don't catch you talking to other people of the opposite sex.

Good Luck tho!

Oh and btw, once you've renamed them there is NO way to get their s/n back to default. You would have to delete them as a contact and re-add them.
    03-09-08 08:54 PM
    How do you get your berry to let you know if a new message has arrived? I get notices for all my other istant messanger but not from the bb messenger. I have to keep checking to see if another message has come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 10:58 PM
    Profiles > Advanced > Select a profile > Edit > Messenger- Alert, New Message
    03-09-08 11:25 PM
    Thanks. Getting notices all the time now.
    03-10-08 12:59 AM
    on my bb messenger i dont get any new message notification, i will get the ping but thats all i checked the ringer options and still nothing can anyone please help...
    03-10-08 02:41 PM
    on my bb messenger i dont get any new message notification, i will get the ping but thats all i checked the ringer options and still nothing can anyone please help...
    Use the info below:
    Profiles > Advanced > Select a profile > Edit > Messenger- Alert, New Message
    ....and go to messenger - alert. It may be set to mute. Change this.
    03-10-08 11:51 PM
    I can't find my pin, either by the email message or in options . Pearl At&t. Any help is appreciated.

Nevermind, if anyway else is having problems go to the main options for your phone, not options within blackberry messenger, and the go to status
    Last edited by theaggravatedjew; 03-12-08 at 12:20 PM.
    03-12-08 12:14 PM
    Every thread I read states that messenger does not cost if you have a data plan, but according to Sprint (just talked to them today), messenger is just an advanced form of text messenging and costs $0.15 per message (in and out).

Has anyone else experienced this? Also, does it matter if you are on an enterprise server (work phone)?

Thanks!
    03-12-08 03:38 PM
    Do i have to have a person's PIN number entered under the contact to get them into BB messenger?
    03-19-08 03:45 PM
    Does anyone know if you can BB messenger to other BB users on different carriers at no extra cost?
    03-19-08 03:46 PM
    Does anyone know if you can BB messenger to other BB users on different carriers at no extra cost?
    Doesn't matter what carrier I believe because you are using their PIN it's actually sending through the RIM network.
    03-19-08 03:50 PM
684 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD