and both have data plans
    01-21-09 11:06 PM
    yup, cant have a blackberry without one right? unless its unlocked. but this girl has a data plan
    01-21-09 11:22 PM
    im experienceing alot of lagging... i will send my gf a msg to her curve... those 3 little ))) come up and it takes up to about a minute to send a msg at times.. Then her icon goes to the face with the X but she is not talking on the phone,.. Then she tries sendin me msgs and i dunt recieve for bout a minute...

any deal?
    01-22-09 08:21 PM
    anybody know if there's a short cut to "current conversation" ?

sometimes i browse on my contacts and when i got to the bottom and want to read current conversation, i have to scroll all over way to the top again.
    is there any wa i don't have to do that?

TIA
    01-23-09 01:20 AM
    So I have an 8130 and I've got a friend in Vegas with a BB but I have no idea what model. When I try to add her PIN to my messenger, it says I have to add it as an email therefore not letting me add her. I also tried PIN messaging her but it didn't work. I just got a red X for delivery notification. And I've read pretty much this whole thread but I havent found a solution. I don't have the "use once" option and it won't let me add from my address book. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured part of my question out. When I clicked Add a Contact, it told me to type in the name, so I did, but it says she has an invalid pin number ???
    Last edited by ryangrudge; 01-24-09 at 09:33 PM.
    01-24-09 09:14 PM
    im experienceing alot of lagging... i will send my gf a msg to her curve... those 3 little ))) come up and it takes up to about a minute to send a msg at times.. Then her icon goes to the face with the X but she is not talking on the phone,.. Then she tries sendin me msgs and i dunt recieve for bout a minute...

any deal?
    It could be a variety of things... How strong the signal is in the area you're in, if the other party is in a dead spot. I like BBM and all, but sometimes it gets me frustrated as far as the lag between messages and such..

Luckily some of my contacts have Yahoo Messenger also. INSTANT messaging, ftw!
    01-24-09 09:55 PM
    Is there a way to put BBM icon on the main screen like the email icon? also can i delete the pending requests if they are add to my contacts now? thanks love this forum..
    01-29-09 03:00 AM
    It should already be on there. Check to be sure your not hiding it. From the main screen go to menu and check show all. If they are truly added then they wouldn't still be pending.
    01-29-09 10:50 AM

any deal?

Mine has been doing the same thing the past couple days....Not sure why. But my (()) stay on there until I end up ending the conversation. Some of them never send.
    01-29-09 10:51 AM
    Is there a way to put BBM icon on the main screen like the email icon? also can i delete the pending requests if they are add to my contacts now? thanks love this forum..
    Yes. Go into the folder where BBM is and once it is highlighted hit the berry button and chose move. You should have another box pop up and be able to move it to the home screen.
    01-29-09 12:02 PM
    So I have an 8130 and I've got a friend in Vegas with a BB but I have no idea what model. When I try to add her PIN to my messenger, it says I have to add it as an email therefore not letting me add her. I also tried PIN messaging her but it didn't work. I just got a red X for delivery notification. And I've read pretty much this whole thread but I havent found a solution. I don't have the "use once" option and it won't let me add from my address book. Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured part of my question out. When I clicked Add a Contact, it told me to type in the name, so I did, but it says she has an invalid pin number ???
    Is her pin number in her contact information? When you click on Add a contact you should be able to hit U and use once should pop up. Then you should be given the option to add by pin.
    01-29-09 12:05 PM
    Yes. Go into the folder where BBM is and once it is highlighted hit the berry button and chose move. You should have another box pop up and be able to move it to the home screen.
    I did that and all it would do is let me move it in the folder only. I will keep
    playing with it. This is my first BB! Thank for the help...
    01-29-09 06:41 PM
    I did that and all it would do is let me move it in the folder only. I will keep
    playing with it. This is my first BB! Thank for the help...
    I got it!!!! Thank you.
    01-29-09 10:32 PM
    In BB Messenger, what do the icons mean or where can we find out?
    Im talking about the square clock, etc
    01-30-09 12:45 AM
    anybody know if there's a short cut to "current conversation" ?

sometimes i browse on my contacts and when i got to the bottom and want to read current conversation, i have to scroll all over way to the top again.
    is there any wa i don't have to do that?

TIA
    If you have "dial from Home screen" disabled you can hit "N" to go direct to BB Messenger. To go to the top hit "T" or "B" to go to the bottom. Space bar scrolls one screen at a time.

BJ
    02-04-09 06:58 AM
    Im New at this BB Messenger thing. I requested a couple of people to see if it works. How will i know if i add someone. How do i know if the request sent to them.
    02-05-09 02:46 PM
    Can someone Send me a request to see if it works. 24626120
    02-05-09 03:05 PM
    is there a way to turn off the notifications of bb messenger or log out completely?
    02-06-09 08:12 PM
    is there a way to turn off the notifications of bb messenger or log out completely?
    Nope, You can turn off sound notification, but you'll still get the icon.

You can change your status to unavailable but will still receive messages.

Or delete all your contacts, Which I'm sure you don't want to do.
    02-07-09 04:37 PM
    My friend has a problem in her BlackBerry Messenger. It said 'Illegal exception ....'

Using DM, can she just uninstall and then try to install once again to fix it?

Thanks
    02-16-09 06:34 AM
    I just got my BB 8330 last Friday. I'm trying to add someone to my BB Messenger list. It sends the request but when they accept it, I just get a strange e-mail that doesn't really say anything. Just looks like jibberish. They still show as pending in my list and I am pending in theirs. So I had them try to add me, I get an e-mail telling me they want to add me and that if I don't have the software to go download it and come back to the e-mail to accept. I have the software but there is no link to accept. So I went to the web address in the e-mail to download maybe a newer version or soemthing and it tells me my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to download.

Ok -- after reading the page again it sends me to to download messenger, it's for an older version of software. So now I[m really confused. It's almost as if it doesn't see the application on my BB anymore?

Any suggestions?

BTW - Someone added me on Friday and all worked ok. Could there be some kind of compatability issues with newer software versions that I'm running into fr the ones I'm attempting to add today??
    Last edited by packgrad; 02-16-09 at 01:22 PM.
    02-16-09 12:37 PM
    Hows it going! Just wondering what it means when a contact on the BBM is italicized with some curved lines by the little faces mouth! what does this mean!?
    02-16-09 03:01 PM
    I'm a new in this bb/intant messages world, I do have the storm, I don't have a instant message with my provider, couple of questions:
    1-do I have to pay if I use yahoo/aim messenger, windows live, goggle talk?
    2-or do I have to pay for bb to bb messenger
    02-17-09 09:06 PM
    What does it mean when one of the BBM's smiley face has waves coming from the face? My friend's BBM smiley was had waves since forever. It has never gone away since I added her and I doubt that she has been on the phone for that long. Does it mean something else?
    02-27-09 04:25 AM
    Hi im new to CB and new to BB and I was wondering how and if we can save a BBm conversatio as well as where will it be saved to.??? Also can we get any additionla emoticons and or symbols??

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-07-09 09:19 PM
684 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD