PCGirl, it's like any messenger vs. email. Except PIN messaging and BBMessenger are both only for BB's.

So... with BB Messenger you get

- Messages that don't clog up your inbox
    - Presence of your buddies (busy, etc)
    - Simultaneous conv with multiple people
    I noticed when i click on on of my contact info it says busy or unaviable, I know how to get to the unaviable option, but how do i select the busy option, what does it mean, does beaing busy or unaviable mean my message won't get deleived to that person or they wont receive them?
    12-24-08 08:58 AM
    I'm fairly new at BBM, and had a simple question about reading the status of my contacts:

After sending a BBM to one of my contacts, next to my name there is a symbol, and it keeps changing. I was wondering if anyone knows what they mean?
    A check mark with the letter "D" above it.
    A check mark with the letter "R" above it.
    A check mark with no letter above it.
    In the BBM main screen, next to the contact's name, on the smiley face:
    A wave of three lines
    A grey clock that reads 3pm
    Perhaps some others as well. Anybody know what these mean?
    D=Delivered
    R=Read
    Clock=i belive this means they have an open conversation with you (idle)
    Check Mark=Sent but not received (delivered). meaning they don't have it on their end yet.
    Bubble=They are typing a reply

there is a symbol for unavailable or busy but i forget what they are. it may be an X or the 3 lines you're describing.

--you can set your status to unavailable as well: Options-My Status-Unavailable
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-24-08 at 09:09 AM.
    12-24-08 09:03 AM
    I just had to recover my "dead bb", and now BB messenger is missing. I went to the BB website to download it and now it says that my device isn't supported for it? It came with it installed so this makes no sense. What do I need to do? I have the 8830 WE on Verizon with 4.2.2.196
    12-28-08 11:08 PM
    hi i used to own a curve and if anyone here has used a CURVE before i am sure u guys have noticed and experienced that when u receive a new message in u're blackberry messenger, lets say from contact A, u can click on a different contact, lets say contact B, and at the bottom u can read what A has sent u. for example, "A says xxxxxxxxxx" so u don't have to click on contact A to actually read the new message from A. now i have switched to BOLD and it doesn't seem to have that privilege on its blackberry messenger. i also tried the JAVELIN and also the STORM. all 3 cannot do so. i switched back to my CURVE to try and it works. i called up my friend who owns a PEARL and he could do that too. any advice and ideas why the BOLD, JAVELIN and STORM don't have that feature????? please help....... sometimes u just want to avoid someone and obviously if u click on the person's contact then their message will turn to R on their phone which means u read it. but if u read their message from another contact then their message still stays just D on their phone. hahahahhaaaa...... tricky but useful sometimes when u need it. so please pour in all our help........ thanks
    01-04-09 05:54 AM
    I am a newbie & found some helpful tips, Thank You!!! I read every Post and could not find an answer to this one...Is there a way to copy & Paste a name into that box where you put your name for blackberry IM?? Or a way to put special characters in...it's just so boring???!!!

Thank You in advance!!!
    01-04-09 10:26 AM
    I have a mac that does not support the desktop manager... and a blackberry storm. Through my own stupidity I deleted the blackberry messenger application. I am trying to get it back on the phone... So I tried downloading the messenger from the blackberry site and it apparently I have 4.7.0.75 and it is not supported. It states I should access the desktop manager and download from there, which I cannot. Any suggestions? Verizon also told me to use the desktop manager... Not too helpful! Thanks in advance.
    01-04-09 01:00 PM
    When I go to Blackberry Messenger or Pin from my messages button it seems that they are different applications yet Pin needs a pin to add a contact and Blackberry Messenger needs a pin or email. So what is the difference between the two?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 10:22 AM
    You have to accept the pending contact if your friend sends you a request.

Go to the pending request --> highlight the pin --> menu --> accept

Mine doesnt show the option to accept the pending request. we have both sent each other invitations and pin numbers.

2 of my friends (one with sprint the other at&t) i had no prob with, but my other friend has(at&t, im with sprint) and we r having the pending problem. Maaan. anyone?
    Last edited by dahboom; 01-05-09 at 04:55 PM.
    01-05-09 04:53 PM
    Mine doesnt show the option to accept the pending request. we have both sent each other invitations and pin numbers.

2 of my friends (one with sprint the other at&t) i had no prob with, but my other friend has(at&t, im with sprint) and we r having the pending problem. Maaan. anyone?
    i'm having the same problem. i have at&t, and my friend has verizon. we both sent each other requests, and it both says pending on our phones... but there's no option to accept requests. any help would be greatly appreciates.
    01-05-09 08:18 PM
    i'm having the same problem. i have at&t, and my friend has verizon. we both sent each other requests, and it both says pending on our phones... but there's no option to accept requests. any help would be greatly appreciates.
    figured out my situation. i had to restart my phone
    01-05-09 10:02 PM
    figured out my situation. i had to restart my phone
    Well I have also been told by a pretty good source that if the RIM server is having trouble that requests can get "stuck" in limbo. But I'm glad you got your problem fixed.
    01-05-09 10:08 PM
    I see references to CB profile and pictures and pins on profile. I have a CB user name and password but cannot find where I would set up my profile OR view anyone else.

Any help for me? Be specific because I am new to CB and blackberry messenger

Pin: 319E048E

01-07-09 01:48 PM
    I see references to CB profile and pictures and pins on profile. I have a CB user name and password but cannot find where I would set up my profile OR view anyone else.

Any help for me? Be specific because I am new to CB and blackberry messenger

Pin: 319E048E

Go to:

User CP
    Edit Profile

You can add your PIN and other profile info there. you have to do this on a computer, not on your blackberry.
    01-07-09 01:59 PM
    During a very quick back and forth messenger exchange, I received an error message something to the effect that a message was lost after which the happy face messenger new message alert keeps showing up but there is not a new message. How do I clear this?
    01-07-09 08:58 PM
    just got my bold yesterday and love the messenger
    01-09-09 02:38 AM
    I have ATT and my friend has Verizon. We've become contacts but when I send him a messenger MSG it just shows as "delivered" but then shows him as busy. He said he got my msgs and replied but I'm getting nothing from him and he shows as "busy".

Any ideas??

Thanks Rachelj
    01-20-09 12:46 PM
    I see this thread is ancient, but I'll ask anyway.
    Are you sure blackberry messenger uses a data plan? I don't have a t-mobile browser data plan (I do have unlimited e-mail), and blackberry messenger works great!! Is it compatible with my phone since the unlimited e-mail plan accesses blackberry servers or what?
    I do NOT have a data plan. I have BB email service with my tMobile. BB Messenger DOES work on my phone, but I don't want to use it unless it's also free with my plan.

Where can I find out?
    01-20-09 06:06 PM
    everytime i have a conversation with someone on bb messenger the conversation shows up in my Messages folder on my home screen. Can I edit the options or something to where the bb messenger messages don't show up there? Thanks!
    01-21-09 12:17 PM
    everytime i have a conversation with someone on bb messenger the conversation shows up in my Messages folder on my home screen. Can I edit the options or something to where the bb messenger messages don't show up there? Thanks!
    in messenger hit menu/options/show conversations in message list/no
    01-21-09 12:56 PM
    I do not have a data plan and my blackberry messenger does work, but does that mean it costs money? if yes how much? also does it cost more to blackberry messenger people over seas.
    01-21-09 09:21 PM
    bbm is considered data, so you have to have a data plan for it to work
    01-21-09 09:24 PM
    can i add people from different carriers, if yes how do i do it.
    01-21-09 10:50 PM
    can i add people from different carriers, if yes how do i do it.
    yea, menu/add contact. be sure you add them by pin and not by email
    01-21-09 11:03 PM
    yeah BBM is awesome
    01-21-09 11:04 PM
    it says pending and weve both tried resetting our phones
    01-21-09 11:05 PM
684 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD