for some reason this is not working for me maybe I am just dumb. But when I open BM it pulls up Current Converation, Contacts and Pending and I have to hit the apps button to get add a contact but then when I select the person from my address book it does not let me add them? Can someone help me please?
    Do the contacts have PIN numbers associated with them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 04:19 AM
    I have messenger working but my problem is with my contacts. I currently have 3 contacts listed but can only see 2. I have expanded and collapsed hte group and alas can still only see the 2/3.

Is there a way to see the other one?

I have tried everything I can thinkof.....Help !
    11-23-08 08:29 PM
    aight....i just got a berry and i tried adding my friend's pin and it acceptsit and goes into "pending contacts" and it doesnt move. Its been about two days now. Any help? Thanks in advance!
    11-24-08 12:26 PM
    Here's a few simple things I can suggest to you guys.

-When u want to add a contact, save that persons actual pin # under their name in your address book. From there when you "add a contact" from messenger you can choose the person from your address book.

-When you send a request, it is up to the other person to look at their BB msngr to accept your request. Otherwise it just remains "pending"

-I have ATT and the people I always have trouble requesting are those on T-Mobile. Sometimes it takes a few tries for that person to actually RECEIVE the request.
    11-24-08 12:45 PM
    aight....i just got a berry and i tried adding my friend's pin and it acceptsit and goes into "pending contacts" and it doesnt move. Its been about two days now. Any help? Thanks in advance!
    Try deleting the pending request and have your friend add you. I had to do that with a friend and it worked.
    11-24-08 01:21 PM
    okay im having problems when trying to add a contact

i got through the steps to add a contact but when i click on a friend in my contact list who has a BB it doesnt give me any option to add them. wtf
    11-28-08 01:36 AM
    I have a BB 8330 and when me and a friend who has the same model tried to accept each other on the messenger, I would keep getting these emails with the subject something like: BIN. When I went online to the same email account I would have a new message for the actual friend request, but that message never seems to go to my blackberry, and just stays on the server. Couldn't figure out why to save the life of me. Anyone know why I can't get the request through, and accepted? Thanks for the help!
    11-30-08 06:50 PM
    Several posts have indicated that when you press "add a contact" the address list comes up. Mine doesn't on my Storm. Instead it asks for an email address or name. Am I missing something?
    12-02-08 12:36 PM
    Having a similar issue with a friend who has a new storm... he's new to BB as well... but we can get the BB msg to add him on my phone or add me on his... just stays "pending"
    I'm going to try to re-send it.
    12-03-08 02:04 PM
    Hey guys very lame/bb illiterate question..........is there any way a bbm conversation can be recovered once the conversation has been ended on the handset
    12-05-08 04:38 AM
    I am having a new BB messenger problem. It's been working just fine since we got our Curve's in June but earlier today the "smiley" would not go away and was always showing I had one more message than I did. I only speak to my husband via messenger so I thought by deleting him as a contact and readding him, the problem would be solved.

WRONG! Now I cannot readd him and he cannot readd me. When I go to add him, his name is added to the "pending" list, then disappears when he accepts me. The same happens when he sends the request to me.

Now I read somewhere that it may help when adding a new contact to instead select MENU when their name is highlighted in the address book to specify whether to send the request via email or PIN. I only have email as an option - no others.

I've tried taking out my battery, so has he, I tried adding him through the "use once" option and still it didn't work.

Any advice or suggestions???
    12-06-08 05:27 PM
    I have been trying to add a friend to BBM, i have verizon and she has Tmobile, i have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! I have read all the posts and forums and nothing work everytime I try to request her by pin or by email the request sits in the pending folder....please can someone help me!!! She has done the same MULTIPLE times and i can not get it to work!!! please please please someone help me
    12-11-08 09:52 PM
    I have been trying to add a friend to BBM, i have verizon and she has Tmobile, i have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! I have read all the posts and forums and nothing work everytime I try to request her by pin or by email the request sits in the pending folder....please can someone help me!!! She has done the same MULTIPLE times and i can not get it to work!!! please please please someone help me
    You have to accept the pending contact if your friend sends you a request.

Go to the pending request --> highlight the pin --> menu --> accept

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 04:09 AM
    Ok maybe I am just lost BUT when I follow the directions all I get is - SEND TO MESSENGER CONTACTS -- and then when I click on that it says SELECT A CONTACT and under that *EMPTY* I don't have an option for SELECT REQUEST - what am I doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP
    12-12-08 04:01 PM
    Is there a way to send a picture or message to a group of people in BB Messenger with out having to send it individually to each one?
    12-13-08 02:05 PM
    Ok maybe I am just lost BUT when I follow the directions all I get is - SEND TO MESSENGER CONTACTS -- and then when I click on that it says SELECT A CONTACT and under that *EMPTY* I don't have an option for SELECT REQUEST - what am I doing wrong?? PLEASE HELP
    before send to messanger contacts try hitting the BB button to get the option to add a contact there you should be able to add hope that helped
    12-13-08 06:19 PM
    Hi,

here is the situation: I need to know if i add a contact in to a conversation (conference) will the added/invited person be able to view the entire conversation prior to them being added or will that stay private. I hope somebody knows if they can see the whole conversation I AM IN BIGGGGG TROUBLE
    12-13-08 06:24 PM
    I used the search feature for this thread trying to find out why sometimes a contact on my BB IM is in bold font. Anyone know why that is?
    12-13-08 10:58 PM
    Hi Trevor
    I have a pearl 8100. I can use messenger with my colleagues but can only receive messages from my friends with BB's? If I send them a msg it just shows as D on my phone but they never receive anything. I have added their PIN and they have added me but nothing seems to work. Is this possibly an IT policy? Our IT ppl don't seem to be able to assist me at all.
    Jo
    12-14-08 05:13 PM
    I'm having the worst trouble with my BB messenger. I have my pin and I have my boyfriends as well and we are trying to add each other and he has the same phone as me. But everytime one of us sends a request, the other doesn't get it and we don't know why. HELP!
    12-15-08 07:25 PM
    Does BBM work if you do not have BIS or BES and are using your provider's standard data download? I can access the Internet via Opera and can use Viigo, Gmail, etc. I was just wondering so I can figure out if I can delete this off my phone if it doesn't work.
    12-16-08 12:08 PM
    Does BBM work if you do not have BIS or BES and are using your provider's standard data download? I can access the Internet via Opera and can use Viigo, Gmail, etc. I was just wondering so I can figure out if I can delete this off my phone if it doesn't work.
    You need to have the BB Plan to use BB Messenger.

So you don't have a BB Plan for your BB? (Won't go into that, just asking).
    12-16-08 12:13 PM
    No, I am on Sprint's SERO plan, and it includes unlimited data.

I've utilized the BB Browser hack to use the browser for OTA downloads, and I use third party applications (i.e. Opera, Gmail, JiveTalk) for accessing the Internet just fine. I don't have a need for push email since this is my personal phone and not a company phone, and honestly, I don't have many friends with BBM, so JiveTalk is a better IM'ing solution anyways for me. So overall, no need to add BB Plan for an additional $30. I like keeping my plan under $45 after taxes. =)

If I'm not using BB Email, I can delete BB Attachment Service as well? Or will that be needed to view document attachments from my Gmail account?
    Last edited by arcadence; 12-16-08 at 12:24 PM.
    12-16-08 12:20 PM
    Yesterday, a message showed up in BB Messenger from my mother. It is dated as sent on Dec. 31, 1969 and there is no text - it is just a blank message. I have tried to delete it by ending the conversation, deleting it out of messages, and finally a battery pull - it will not go away. I spoke to my mother and she said she did not send me any messages yesterday, and I'm pretty sure she didn't have her BB Pearl back in 1969. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-17-08 09:19 AM
    I'm fairly new at BBM, and had a simple question about reading the status of my contacts:

After sending a BBM to one of my contacts, next to my name there is a symbol, and it keeps changing. I was wondering if anyone knows what they mean?
    A check mark with the letter "D" above it.
    A check mark with the letter "R" above it.
    A check mark with no letter above it.
    In the BBM main screen, next to the contact's name, on the smiley face:
    A wave of three lines
    A grey clock that reads 3pm
    Perhaps some others as well. Anybody know what these mean?
    12-24-08 08:48 AM
684 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD