If i have unlimited text messenging thru AT&T do why do I use BB messenger?
    02-28-08 03:24 PM
    Is this a rhetorical question?
    02-28-08 03:26 PM
    Sorry, serious question here.
    02-28-08 03:30 PM
    I use BB Messenger because a lot of my friends use BBs. It's a really easy way to talk, share photos, contacts, websites, etc, etc. Since it's integrated into the BB, all those functions are available at the click of a button.
    If you txt a lot, then it's likely a lot of your "circle" doesn't have BBs, and normal SMS/MMS is the way to go. With a BB, you can use a combination of both.

The other reason is cost. BB Messenger is free.
    02-28-08 03:42 PM
    Cool, thanks!
    02-28-08 03:45 PM
    the one thing i really like about BB messenger is that it is a "threaded" conversation...

"hi"
    "hi"
    "how are you?"
    "good"
    etc...

so you can see the entries of both parties by scrolling up and down (like a regular messenger program)...

a text message generally comes induvidually and then you send one off and then you receive another one...

it's the little differences..try it once...

if you are messaging someone with a BB you will love it.

-db
    02-28-08 03:47 PM
    the one thing i really like about BB messenger is that it is a "threaded" conversation...
    -db
    If you're reading a txt message on a BB, press "r" to reply. It will keep the conversation threaded just like it does for BBM. Cool feature.

-E
    02-28-08 03:51 PM
    Well To Clarify Something... Blackberry Messenger Is Not Free! It Uses Data. I Think The Best Thing Is To Get A Data Plan, Depending On How Much You Use The Blackberry Messenger Or Browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 03:56 PM
    Well To Clarify Something... Blackberry Messenger Is Not Free! It Uses Data. I Think The Best Thing Is To Get A Data Plan, Depending On How Much You Use The Blackberry Messenger Or Browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Holy crap, does that statement REALLY need interpretation? If you're using BB Messenger, you (by necessity) are paying for a BIS account. If you're paying for a BIS/BES account, you have unlimited access to BB Messenger.
    02-28-08 04:01 PM
    ...and if you have a blackberry..and you DON'T have an unlimited data plan...

well..I can't really help you...

-db
    02-28-08 04:02 PM
    You would be surprised to know how many people need clarification and interpretation.
    Holy crap, does that statement REALLY need interpretation? If you're using BB Messenger, you (by necessity) are paying for a BIS account. If you're paying for a BIS/BES account, you have unlimited access to BB Messenger.
    03-01-08 02:49 AM
    I prefer BBM because it's organized. Plus, there are cute smilies! :]
    03-01-08 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD