Hi,

Being fairly new to all this I have started receiving what can only be described as random contacts sending me friend requests to BB Messenger.

I have no idea if this is common or if I can disable this? It reminds me of MSN/Skype being added by random people in China trying to sell you moody computer bits :-)

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this and make it stop.
    07-21-09 06:07 AM
    Well have you posted your pin here on Crackberry or any other Social Networks?
    07-21-09 06:14 AM
    1: If you have your PIN in your profile, remove it.

2: If you have ever posted your PIN in a post, go back and find it, then remove it.

3: Never give out your PIN unless you know the person who you're giving it to.

A lot of times, there will be spammers scoping out the site to look for potential victims and they'll use anybodies PIN to do so. They can't actually send you spam but they can pi$$ you off while they try. This is a huge reason of why I've never posted my PIN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:31 AM
    As far as i know i have never posted my pin anywhere? Is there anywhere else they can get it from?
    07-21-09 07:41 AM
    Maybe your phone is a refurbished one. Someone had it prior to you owning it and the person/people who are trying to add you are friends of the previous owner. That's the only other reason why I see this happening.

07-21-09 07:45 AM
    ahh - that may be the answer. I guess there is no way to stop that then?
    07-21-09 07:48 AM
    No there isn't, unless you get rid of BBM altogether. But I doubt you wanna do that.

07-21-09 07:50 AM
    I have actually already done that. It is not a feature I have a great deal of use for. But yet the invites keep flooding in.
    07-21-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD