I have a Pearl on ATT's latest OS .96... I go to BBMessenger and Add Contact and it immediately takes me to my contact list. Since I'm not on a BES, I have been trying to add contacts by their pin number but if I go to 'use once' under contacts, the only thing that comes up is email and I don't have the option to request pin or even put the pin number in...Any help on this would be appreciated..
    Last edited by kensing65; 08-10-07 at 12:17 PM.
    08-10-07 11:51 AM
    If in your contacts there is NOT a pin number assigned, then you can't add by pin. The said contact MUST have a pin number assigned. As an example, go to a contact, then menu / edit, scroll down to the pin section, is there a pin number?
    08-10-07 01:05 PM
    If in your contacts there is NOT a pin number assigned, then you can't add by pin. The said contact MUST have a pin number assigned. As an example, go to a contact, then menu / edit, scroll down to the pin section, is there a pin number?
    I tried this by adding a co worker's pin to his contact information and resending the request but on my blackberry it just shows him as pending and he never got my request. If I go on his blackberry (Older model, not sure which) and Add contact | Use Once, I get the option to either 'request by email' or 'request by pin' which is NOT an option for me. BB manual said to use the 'Use Once' option and add by 'request by pin'

confusing...
    08-10-07 01:29 PM
    Re: kensing65

Hope this Helps!: When you highlight "Use Once," do not click on it; rather, click the Menu button, and you may see both the request by email/request by PIN options.
    01-23-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD