hi i am running os 6.0.0.358 and bbm version 5.0.1.41 on my bold 9700. My profile display pic would not change on my contacts bbm, i can see it changed on my device but on their's they don't see it. I've even added myself as a bbm contact just to confirm that its not updating.....ant help? ideas? anyone?
    11-30-10 08:15 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...-fixes-553919/

This seems like a bug with BBM at the moment. I wouldn't be much concerned with it, I would still be glad that BBM worked.

Have you tried a battery pull to see if things changed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 09:02 PM
    Yup battery pull....OS reload....everything....i'm the only one on all my contacts list without a pic.....you mean only i got the bug
    11-30-10 09:40 PM
    Could be, I have ever changing BBM profile pics for mine.
    It keeps changing from Facebook pics to their profile pics and back.. kinda annoying but the bug will be worked out.
    and yes you can be the only one to get it.
    11-30-10 09:45 PM
    okay funny enough the bbm status changes work, just not the pics....thanks for the info though.
    11-30-10 09:57 PM
    okay funny enough the bbm status changes work, just not the pics....thanks for the info though.
    Andrewall I'm happy to say, your not the only one going thru this same problem. I have OS 5 for the 9700, and I have been going thru this problem for 2 weeks. I even spoke to my carrier rep & a RIM rep. And their only suggestion was that it's a BBM issue that will have to get resolved. (Something that I didn't want to hear, because the problem still exist) I did the reset so many times I lost count. I uninstalled & reinstalled BBM version 5.0.1.41 & even uninstalled facebook & reinstalled it. Still the problem exist. Slowly, I'm beginning to hear more & more ppl having issues. I wanted to downgrade to BBM version 5.0.1.38, but can't find it. After reading your post, I'm not going to bother uninstalling & reinstalling my OS. As long as I can BBM, change my messages & status. I will be jealous over those who can change their pics until the issue is resolved.

12-01-10 03:23 AM
    Oh 9700/5.0.0.714

12-01-10 03:28 AM
    I dont have that problem with my BBM and OS 6
    12-01-10 04:19 AM
    OK i un-installed and re-installed bbm messenger one last time last night and lo and behold it works display pics and everything.......I was surprised and glad....
    Kittana Smith likes this.
    12-01-10 12:15 PM
    yep...from my own personal experience with this bug (picture will not update on others or it will display a different img than what u actually select - at their end)

by using the included ver, this happened.
    by installing and replacing over top, this happened.
    by actually removing BBM off the phone and reinstalling, it seems to have fixed the problem.

just an FYI to the others that have run into this.
    Kittana Smith likes this.
    12-01-10 01:22 PM
    It looks like the problem is a glitch. I had the problem and blamed my Blackberry. Open your BBM and go to options, were it says Replace Blackberry Contact Pictures With Blackberry Messenger Pictures make sure that is unchecked, save and it will work again.
    12-03-10 10:42 PM
    It looks like the problem is a glitch. I had the problem and blamed my Blackberry. Open your BBM and go to options, were it says Replace Blackberry Contact Pictures With Blackberry Messenger Pictures make sure that is unchecked, save and it will work again.
    I've did that, in fact that box you speak of was never ? off. So, it's not working for me ?

12-04-10 08:15 AM
    I'm having the same problem as well and this has been an issue for me for almost 2 weeks. I've done everything from battery pulls, updating BBM, deleting and reinstalling BBM, updating my OS and nothing seems to help. The only time I can change my display pic is when I uninstall/reinstall BBM.

My status updates work fine but not my display pic updates. I can see other contacts updating their pics multiple times so I can't understand why mine won't change.

While I understand that this isn't the end of the world, it's still pretty annoying. Hopefully this glitch is remedied quickly.

Btw, I'm using a T-Mobile Curve 8900, running OS v5.0.0.900 and BBM 5.0.1.41
    12-04-10 11:12 AM
    I have ran into this issue tonight as well, I noticed at first my bbm picture was gone which I found weird, so I reuped it and nothing because I have myself as a bbm contact. hope this gets fixed soon!
    12-05-10 12:12 AM
    I have this problem too but I'm not bothered by it. It's just one of them little things in life you learn to live with (until the Torch gets delivered anyway )
    12-05-10 03:37 AM
    I have this problem too and i need the answer would you please help me. i'm useing 9700/os 5.
    12-05-10 08:21 AM
    Weird, I just read this thread and was thinking to myself, I don't have this issue...but as I was curious, I went to check and low and behold, my pic wasn't up there...I was like WTF!

Ened up picking another pic and it loaded up fine, but I don't understand why I didn't have a pic up as yesterday I did.

So strange...least mine worked. Must be the version of BBM? Seems to be happening on various OS's...hummm...

12-05-10 08:48 AM
    @ gmilardo: i did what you recommended to do.. and it worked! (for now). Still have to observe more.
    Thanks for the tip though.

Ive had this glitch for a week... and it bugged the **** out of me. Tried everything from deleting my BBM and installing it again. grrrrrr.
    12-05-10 09:43 AM
    Man I was having the same problem double TWO! I thought I was the only one and called tmobile and they did not help. I hope this get fix becuase I love seeing my display ppics!
    12-05-10 10:55 AM
    I have this problem too and not bothered by it, I mean who cares really? IF you see the pic well and good, if not, well, you know who you're talking to right?

I think it's a temporary BBM issue and the pics shall appear soon give it a few days, it always works itself out.
    12-05-10 11:49 AM
    yep...from my own personal experience with this bug (picture will not update on others or it will display a different img than what u actually select - at their end)

by using the included ver, this happened.
    by installing and replacing over top, this happened.
    by actually removing BBM off the phone and reinstalling, it seems to have fixed the problem.

just an FYI to the others that have run into this.
    I this only for those that have the OS 6? I have OS 5. This morning it appearred that the situation was corrected, but when I attempted to change my display for the 3rd time, my profile display would not change. What a bummer.
    12-05-10 02:51 PM
    Ya, I'm running OS6, but at the same time its hard to say if my method has even worked for the long term as I have no way of knowing what my pic actually shows unless I ask a contact what it is....also last night, I had happen for the first time where my pic actually changed on its own to blank.

12-05-10 03:05 PM
    Man I was having the same problem double TWO! I thought I was the only one and called tmobile and they did not help. I hope this get fix becuase I love seeing my display ppics!
    I called TMobile twice, and finally got connected to a RIM rep, who still couldn't tell me what the problem was, other than tell me give RIM time to fix the problem. At the time, there was others complaining about the problem. This was over two weeks ago, WTF
    12-05-10 03:12 PM
    Had this issue with os 6 i toughtbit was the os, as it not being offical, downgraded to the last official os on thia forum and had the same issue, tried deleting and erasing and the problem is still tere.... It sucks i luv me bbm profile pics

12-05-10 08:58 PM
    has this become an official bug or outage?? Just seen i now have his pic problem...after my own vanished...and yup putting back only shows to me...and like otheres notice none of my contacts pics have updated in the last few days :-(

I'm thinking its a RIM issue having dug out a classic 8700g and that has the same isues...so cross versons!
    12-06-10 01:35 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD