I've been having the same problem for the past few weeks...at first I thought it was just me but recently a couple people on my contact list have been complaining about it as well.

I find that it works SOMETIMES when I turn off my mobile network and use the wi-fi, but I really don't wanna have to do that all the time just to change my dp =( Hopefully this gets fixed soon!
    12-06-10 02:44 PM
    all that's problem from the RIM server and already fixed now....

hope that's never happen again....
    Last edited by rusdianyudi; 12-06-10 at 07:36 PM.
    12-06-10 07:30 PM
    In the last few days this happened to my friend, then me, then my boyfriend. Now my friend's picture is changing but mine and my boyfriend's aren't.

Not really too concerned, it's just a bbm thing like you guys said, and at least it's not a problem with like, particular devices... just bbm being a little crummy. Should resolve itself. Hopefully your last bbm picture was a good one
    12-06-10 10:46 PM
    for anyone who still cann't display/change picture, try to restore ur bbm contact list from backup file.... or just pull off ur battery...
    it will solve that problem....
    12-06-10 10:56 PM
    i am having the same problem with my curve 8520. restoring has not helped me
    try to take HST ( Host Routing Table ) in the option menu.
    just highlight [GPRS ID (***) [*********] and register it with klik bb menu ikon...
    12-07-10 12:06 AM
    I dont have that problem with my BBM and OS 6
    I have this problem too and not bothered by it, I mean who cares really? IF you see the pic well and good, if not, well, you know who you're talking to right?

I think it's a temporary BBM issue and the pics shall appear soon give it a few days, it always works itself out.
    What the hey, are there two matrix leaders? And do they both get to share the same post count?
    12-07-10 05:18 AM
    What the hey, are there two matrix leaders? And do they both get to share the same post count?
    Could be somebody in his family using or sharing the one account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 05:20 AM
    Could be somebody in his family using or sharing the one account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    could be lol
    12-07-10 05:23 AM
    similar thing happened to me over the weekend. I woke up saturday morning and my BBM pic was gone...weird. i re-uploaded it and it's working fine now.

i have been noticing a lot of lag since saturday though :s
    12-07-10 05:45 AM
    Got the same problem over here! And it is soo bloody annoying! But after reading your posts am so glad I'm not the only one, and that it's a bbm problem. Hope they fixed it soon.
    12-07-10 06:50 AM
    Got the same problem over here! And it is soo bloody annoying! But after reading your posts am so glad I'm not the only one, and that it's a bbm problem. Hope they fixed it soon.
    If you are still suffering with the BBM pictures not showing up try this. Open BBM, hit the BB key, scroll to options, scroll down to Back Up, select back up files remotely, select any of the emails you have which are active. Allow it to back up. Then do a battery pull, allow the phone to boot up and when it comes back up you should see pictures coming up. Depending on how many contacts you have it may take some time.

Hopes this helps.
    0Mina0 likes this.
    12-07-10 07:22 AM
    @ runxZ thnx! I did exactly what you said, but it's still the same. 40 % of my contacts don't have a picture, while at first it was just 1 contact. I did everything I possibly could do so i guess i have to wait for a solution.
    12-07-10 10:55 AM
    @ runxZ it did help wat you said!!! Now i'm back to 1 contact with no photo, which I don't mind.
    12-07-10 12:13 PM
    im having the same problem! is yours fixed?
    10-15-11 12:16 AM
    does anyone have a solution to this problem already? im experiencing it and ive done everything you guys just said.

the problem is still there. my contacts cant see my new display image...
    i cant see their display images as well, unless they update theirs to a new display picture.
    06-02-12 08:23 AM
    help? anyone? =(
    06-02-12 10:29 AM
    It looks like the problem is a glitch. I had the problem and blamed my Blackberry. Open your BBM and go to options, were it says Replace Blackberry Contact Pictures With Blackberry Messenger Pictures make sure that is unchecked, save and it will work again.
    I was having the same problem. Got it fixed by doing the following. Open your BBM and go to options, were it says Replace Blackberry Contact Pictures With Blackberry Messenger Pictures make sure that is unchecked. If it is unchecked, check it and save. Then go back in and uncheck it again and save. I did this last night and now my profile photos changing again
    wilsey likes this.
    06-28-12 07:32 AM
    I have a problem ever since BBM went down slightly a few days ago, when my pic won't change, i've tried battery pulls and everything yet it still refuses to change, any help guys??
    07-02-12 02:31 PM
    hey, im having the same problem, my blackberry messenger display piciture will not show and, and other peoples contact pictures is taking there time to load.. everytime i click on bbm a message pops up on the BBM saying
    ''blackberry messenger failed to register with blackberry messeger service. registration is necesary to use the features of this application. please ensure your device is set corretly set, open the my profile screen and check the blackberry messenger registration statues?'''...........
    i dont understand:S im opted into the blackberry messenger, iv refrest my mobile network? diagnostices test it says im connected? iv check the status, in my blackberry messenger profile it just says registration failed?? iv tryd everything deleted bbm, wiped my phone,bwt i'm on vodafone pay as you go, and its a blackberry 9300 curve? i must had my phone 12 month it has been excellet phone this is the first problem ever with it . my statues changes and i can send messges the only problem my display picture wont come up!!! please help
    11-17-12 04:06 AM
    hey, im having the same problem, my blackberry messenger display piciture will not show and, and other peoples contact pictures is taking there time to load.. everytime i click on bbm a message pops up on the BBM saying ''blackberry messenger failed to register with blackberry messeger service. registration is necesary to use the features of this application. please ensure your device is set corretly set, open the my profile screen and check the blackberry messenger registration statues?'''...........i dont understand:S im opted into the blackberry messenger, iv refrest my mobile network? diagnostices test it says im connected? iv check the status, in my blackberry messenger profile it just says registration failed?? iv tryd everything deleted bbm, wiped my phone,bwt i'm on vodafone pay as you go, and its a blackberry 9300 curve? i must had my phone 12 month it has been excellet phone this is the first problem ever with it . my statues changes and i can send messges the only problem my display picture wont come up!!! please help
    Contact vodaphone, have them completely disable BIS and then, reinstate it. Also, resend servicebooks and re-register under host routing table. That should do the trick.
    11-17-12 02:10 PM
    yeh! its gotta b a bug! last night in updated my blackberry messenger and left it ove night and looked and my blackbey messenger is not working. i topped up and my app world and internet is on, but where i updated it its gone all wroong and not working

any help will be great
    email: [email protected]
    if you have any infomation please email me from the adress above

cheers
    12-08-12 09:20 AM
    ive had the same problem, my pic wud not change. i went to tesco and they sorted it out! you have to check the email data and sort out you wireless network
    12-08-12 09:22 AM
    Why won't my profile picture change ?? How can I do with that damn!
    03-02-13 11:02 AM
    Why won't it change? My display picture haven't been changing for 2weeks now...I'm really getting irritated and frustrated! This is the third time this had happened to me and I don't like it. (n)
    03-08-13 09:37 AM
    I've had this problem before and i tried all of the above and nothing worked and one day, it just stopped and went back to normal and now the issue is back. Display pic refuses to change even after ensuring that all settings were correct. I seriously need a solution.
    05-11-13 12:10 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD