I bought the new BlackBerry Bold 9700 about a month ago. I just downloaded the new BBM it told me to download and now anytime I get a text message it goes into the BBM folder. It seems to only be happening from people who I have their PIN number saved in my contact list (I tried deleting the PIN number from the contact information and it is still happening). It wouldn't bother me except for the fact that when I delete the message from BBM it deletes it from every folder. Any ideas on how to correct this issue would be great. The options menu is proving to be very unhelpful, as is the BlackBerry Help.
    12-28-09 07:54 PM
    Working as designed .... unfortunately.
    12-28-09 08:05 PM
    I bought the new BlackBerry Bold 9700 about a month ago. I just downloaded the new BBM it told me to download and now anytime I get a text message it goes into the BBM folder. It seems to only be happening from people who I have their PIN number saved in my contact list (I tried deleting the PIN number from the contact information and it is still happening). It wouldn't bother me except for the fact that when I delete the message from BBM it deletes it from every folder. Any ideas on how to correct this issue would be great. The options menu is proving to be very unhelpful, as is the BlackBerry Help.
    Unlink the BBM contact with his/her contact in your address book.
    12-28-09 08:11 PM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you do that?
    12-29-09 04:48 PM
    Open BBM. Highlight the contact. Press Menu. Select "Remove Contacts Link".
    12-29-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD