When adding contacts to bbm via pin number how long does it usually take for the person or you to receive the invite or an acceptation? The last contacts I tired to add took multiple tries on both my end and there to finally work, and the latest one I tired to add has been about and hour, mine says pending and they still have nothing. They also send me one and I haven�t received theirs either. Is there something wrong or is this normal?
    thanks
    12-07-08 06:39 PM
    i have the same exact problem. anyhelp.....
    12-07-08 08:20 PM
    its supposed to happen instantaneously
    12-07-08 08:26 PM
    yeah i had it happen instantly with the first two people i did it with. Then the next person took about 6hours and i just sent another one out and its been about 3 hours and it just says pending (waiting for Authorization) and the person on the receiving end hasn't gotten anything yet.
    12-07-08 08:30 PM
    same here.................
    12-07-08 08:31 PM
    i wonder what it could be.... i tried sending a message to the PIN number that was pending but the other person still hasn't received the request or the message.
    12-07-08 09:20 PM
    It's probably user error. BBM is complicated...
    12-07-08 09:22 PM
    I agree ... it should be instantaneous. I have tried to add 12 people; 6 of them have accepted (and did so within 15 minutes of the invite) and the other 6 still haven't responded.

I don't think it is because of errors in the system though. I think they just didn't want to be bothered.
    12-07-08 09:35 PM
    how could it be user error...its extremely easy to send a request and accept a request.
    12-07-08 09:36 PM
    There was an outage yesterday maybe that is responsible. Did you try resending?
    12-07-08 09:37 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone have any ideas? The first two people I added shown up immeadiately. The latest has been pending for 5 hours.
    12-08-08 12:04 AM
    BBIM is a bit more annoying on the storm than other models. Invites are via PINs or email only. Not sure why you cant just send something with a contact's phone number.
    12-08-08 12:05 AM
    Hi, I and a friend, we are running with a bold and a storm BB and none of us receiving invitation even by PIN or mail.
    If someone got any idear?
    12-08-08 02:03 AM
    im still pending. I was friends with someone then it said "user not reachable" she had the same info on hers for me.So we deleted each other and both send request its been over an hour and nothing..... anybody else have suggestions?
    12-10-08 10:00 PM
    Sent one to my wife a week ago and it is still pending. I hope someone comes up with an answer. I just wrote it off and have been waiting for something to happen.
    12-10-08 10:18 PM
    yeah i tried switching my settings in bbm to "allow" didnt change a thing haha.
    12-10-08 10:24 PM
    What BB model device are they using? Do they have the most up-to-date software version to use the app? Is the person on a different carrier then yourself. I attempted to add two people to my messanger list & they were pending for two days. Different carriers and one friend advised that she hadn't upgraded her software to be able to use BB Messenger.
    12-10-08 10:45 PM
    One was to verizon curve that happened instantly, then one to another curve which also happened instantly and that carrier was at&t, but after a few days said user not reachable so we did deleted each other and resent a request. Since then its been a few hours and its pending and finally i sent one to another storm with verizon that took about a day and half.
    12-10-08 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD