So I just wiped and upgraded from a Hybrid O.S to the latest 5.0 O.S and now my BBM won't show up after it's been installed.
    it's not hidden, installed but simply just now showing up
    I've tried installing from the blackberry website, DM, appWorld still no icon for my BBM.
    Just did a O.S re-install and still no icon for BBM, not even a icon showing that it's running in the background.
    03-08-10 09:11 AM
    Well I downgraded back to 4.6 and BBM still wouldn't work, I then upgraded back to 5.0 and there were 2 versions of Blackberry Messenger installed. I deleted on did a hard reset, it still wouldn't work then I uninstalled the other version, hard reset the phone, then re-installed from app world. It installed successfully but still will not run.
    This same problem happened to my 8320 when I installed 5.0
    I really need my BBM working so any advice would be great
    03-08-10 02:39 PM
    I'm having this issue as well on my VZW 9550. I just loaded the .451 OS and I install the latest version of BBM and it is nowhere to be found. Not hidden, it's not in any folders, and it doesn't show up in app switcher, but is listed as installed in the app Add-On list. I have wiped and reloaded twice now and it is still gone, anyone able to help?
    03-11-10 04:03 PM
    Did you shrink the OS?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-12-10 01:35 PM
    Kinda, didn't use Shrink OS program, but used to BB Master Control Program to remove a couple things, but regardless, I re-downloaded it OTA and BBM would still not appear.
    03-12-10 02:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I have a Storm 9530 with 5.0.0.419.

I installed the OS through MCP. I then downloaded the BBM through the website. If I go to applications under options, it says that its installed. The actual icon to open it is nowhere to be found.
    03-13-10 03:09 PM
    This actually happened to me last time I upgraded my OS. Three times I uninstalled bbm and reinstalled it from the http://www.blackberry.com/messenger and it didn't show up.

Eventually I plugged my bb into my PC, used Desktop Manager to delete ALL instances of BBM (there were two) and reboot. THEN, I went to the website and downloaded BBM 5.0.0.57 and this time it worked. I think maybe I was just lucky, cause I'm sure you fine people have tried deleting everything from DM but in case you haven't, please try. Maybe it would work for you?
    03-13-10 04:42 PM
    I think installing the OS with MCP really screwed up my BBM. I went through DM like you said and deleted the BBM. Then I tried re-installing it through DM. The icon still won't appear, under add-on applications in options it's still listed.
    03-13-10 05:36 PM
    I just update it to the newest version of BBM v.7.0.0.126 and the icon is miissing! I rebbot twice and nothing. I'm on a bold 9900.
    12-10-12 02:35 PM
    I had to wipe and reload the OS to get it back
    12-11-12 12:17 AM
    I reinstalled the App and worked but i lost all my contacts!!! I don't see any option to restore them!! Thats anyone have the same issue????
    12-11-12 02:15 PM
    I'm having this issue as well on my VZW 9550. I just loaded the .451 OS and I install the latest version of BBM and it is nowhere to be found. Not hidden, it's not in any folders, and it doesn't show up in app switcher, but is listed as installed in the app Add-On list. I have wiped and reloaded twice now and it is still gone, anyone able to help?
    04-15-13 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD