My Blackberry Messenger Icon is gone. I'm sure I did something to make it disappear.

Even if I click the Blackberry Button and go to "show all" nothing is there. Also, I can't find it under applications.

Any Help?
    08-28-08 07:48 AM
    08-28-08 07:50 AM
    When I try to redownload blackberry messenger, I get the following message.

Notice:
    Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirments that are needed to support blackberry messenger for software versions 4.0 and 4.1.

Any ideas???
    09-09-08 10:32 AM
    Two options: my wife's BB had the same problem. It became hidden.

1) From home screen, select Applications menu (dotted key), select Show All. Look for a "grayed-out" icon representing hidden applications. Uncheck hide key for the application.

2) Sometimes, they go away, and a soft reset brings it back. Cntl, right-shift, delete keys or pull battery, wait 20 sec and reinstall.

Good luck.
    09-09-08 01:43 PM
    Does it show up in the list when you go into options > advanced options > applications? If not, then it isn't on your BB at all anymore. If it is then it's hidden somewhere.
    09-09-08 01:46 PM
    miss mischelle,

it does not show up under applications. It is completely off my BB.

Thanks
    09-14-08 09:34 AM
    Same thing happend to me. I took it to my phone provider and they were unable to put it back on my phone, so they gave me a new one.
    09-16-08 10:12 AM
    Same just happened to me after I installed stormslider. Gah.
    05-05-09 11:54 AM
    simple fix, just go onto your desktop manager and reload it. if that doesnt work, id do a backup, then hard reset it and reload everything.
    good luck!!
    05-05-09 01:35 PM
    When you have messages box open and you press the menu key can you goto instant message. if you can you can still use the blackberry message that way.
    05-05-09 02:17 PM
    Easiest way ... from the HOME folder, click menu button and choose OPTIONS, then scroll to the bottom and choose "Reset Icon Arrangement". This will put the original icon arrangement that the phone came with. You won't loose any downloads or installed software.
    09-08-09 03:06 PM
    Help me! Mines disappeared too!

The main menu icon is still there but when I go into it the blackberry speech bubble icon has gone and all it shows is a small folder icon with 'Instant Messaging' next to it!!

It happened after adding an application with desktop manager. It still shows up under applications in options though!? I tried to download it again and overwrite it but it came up with an error message!

Does this mean I've lost all my contacts pins too?
    12-14-09 08:28 PM
    I lost my blackberry messenger icon after I did a reinstall of all applications on my phone. I looked to see if it was still on my blackberry (from home screen OPTIONS -> ADVANCED OPTIONS -> APPLICATIONS), and there it was. Actually I had TWO versions of blackberry messenger. I wonder if that had something to do with the problem?

I started by deleting the older version (highlight the application then DELETE from menu), but that didn't fix the problem. Then I deleted the most current version. Without any blackberry messenger app on my phone, I was now able to easily reinstall the application. I just used Blackberry App World directly on my phone, you can also access it online here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Messenger

After it reinstalled it looks like I lost all my contacts and had to start clean, but if you've been using the automatic backup then you can just restore your contact list that way.

Whew, now I'm finally able to bbm again!
    01-28-10 05:15 PM
    HELP my BBM has deleted its self i tried to reinstall but it didnt work!!

Can you help please?
    01-10-13 12:31 PM
    HELP my BBM has deleted its self i tried to reinstall but it didnt work!!

Can you help please?
    01-10-13 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD