I have BBM 4.3 on my curve. I sent an invitation to a friend via email, he hit accept on his curve, but my screen still shows this contact as "pending" - even though he did accept my invitation. No matter what I do I cannot move him from pending.

Can somebody tell me what to do to fix this? If I hit "delete contact", will it delete him from my address book too? I have all his contact info in there and would hate to have to re-enter it all again.

Thanks for any help with this. I have had my curve for a year, but never really used BBM until now. It is great and I like it better than SMS - but I can't do anything with this particular friend because he is just sitting there "pending".
    12-30-09 06:35 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I sent them a message through BBM and when they replyed the person showed on my list then, You may try that if you havent already
    12-30-09 06:38 PM
    OK that isn't one of the options I have in the BBM menu. All I can do is call, email or SSM him. So deleted and sent another email invitation. Still listed as just pending.

Any other thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 07:22 PM
    i used to get this problem a lot too. try deleting him from your list, then get him to delete your name off his list too, then add him back again. this should solve the problem.

also i realise, if you backup your contact list when you have a status as "pending", the next time you restore your contact list, the contact shows up as pending again. so always try to backup your contact list when all your contacts are on the list already.

hope this helps.
    12-31-09 04:04 AM
    I really appreciate the replies - but none have helped so far. I have not done a backup/restore ... so that is not the problem. I have deleted him numerous times and he is still pending. Then we had him send me the invitation and we are both still sitting here pending. We have both done battery pulls to no avail.

He has a new BB 8330 so he updated his BBM to the newest download on the rim site. But my BB is an 8330 with the 4.3 operating system and when I went to the RIM site it indicated that one needed at least 4.5 operating system to upgrade to the latest BBMessenger application. Is that true? Does anyone know?

Can I upgrade to the latest BBM with my 4.3 operating system or would that not even help?

Thanks for any help - this is very frustrating (:
    12-31-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD