so i have downloaded the lastetst blackberry messenger, and latest firmware on my sprint 9630. i am having some annoying problems with bbm, i cannot see anyones pictures or mine, i tried updating, deleting, reinstalting, hard resets soft resets, updating provision and profile statuses, i dont know what else to do. PLEASE HELP!! i only have about 10 freinds on bbm anyway so i dont think its bc too many things to update. pelase help my pin is 30BC9560
    or write me on here thanks.!
    06-02-10 01:01 PM
    What are you calling the lastest version of bbm and what OS are you using ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 01:08 PM
    my firmware is v. 5.0.0.624 and my bbm version is 5.0
    06-02-10 02:39 PM
    acctually it is 5.0.0.57 sorry
    06-02-10 02:41 PM
    First, are you sure that your contacts have profile images attached to their contact name? If they haven't downloaded BBM 5.0, then they won't be able to set a picture to their profile.
    First, you need to check to make sure that your contacts are linked with their respective contacts in your address book. Highlight the contact name, press menu (BlackBerry key) and select "Link with BlackBerry Contact". This will direct you to your address book where you can select the contact you choose to link to. This will use the picture that is associated with their contact in your address book as their display picture.
    As far as your picture goes, you need to make sure that when you select the picture that you want, you press menu, then "crop and save". This should save it as your image, then press menu again from the profile screen and "save". This should set your image.
    06-02-10 02:53 PM
    the thing is, it was working fine except i had my phone off for 3-4 days idk if this had an affect. but after, i did the reinstall, deleted, and readded everyone, i can see their statuses, but i cant see their pictures still or they cant see mine .. its realllly frustrating because ive been trying to fix it all day now .
    06-02-10 03:32 PM
    Have you re-sent your service books to the device? Go to your e-mail settings, press menu, service books, then send Service Books. Give that a shot.

06-02-10 03:44 PM
    Have you re-sent your service books to the device? Go to your e-mail settings, press menu, service books, then send Service Books. Give that a shot.

I don't know how to get to email settings, I went to options looked thru and couldnnt find anything...if u cud try to explain a lil more in depth sory I'm new

06-02-10 03:55 PM
    Yeah I just did that acctuaally.. Thanks. It didn't work tho :/

06-02-10 04:01 PM
    Hmmm, I'm running out of ideas! It should work without any problems. Try this, go back to options, advanced, routing table, press menu, and select Register Now. Not sure if this will make a difference but it is worth a shot.

06-02-10 05:01 PM
    just tried it and got the registration email however bbm is still not working correctly

06-02-10 05:08 PM
    Ok. But you've been able to send and receive BBM's since the upgrade without any problems correct? And you've got your BBM contacts linked like I mentioned in a previous post right?

06-02-10 05:18 PM
    yup I can send and receive messages, and yes they are linked also.

06-02-10 05:30 PM
    Well aside from wiping the handset and re-loading the OS, I'm not quite sure what else can be done. I'm sorry friend, I wish I was more helpful!

06-02-10 06:41 PM
    Well aside from wiping the handset and re-loading the OS, I'm not quite sure what else can be done. I'm sorry friend, I wish I was more helpful!

Oh hey not a problem man. Thanks a lot for ur help. Appreciate it. No worries. I'm sure its fixable I just gotta spend some more time

06-02-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD