Hi,

I am new to this whole wold of blackberry/crackberry I finally gave up my treo and I am glad that I did. I am getting the hang of the whole BB messenger thing but I am having one problem I requested a friend and he still says pending when he said he accepted. ( I know he is not lying) we sat next to each other and sent the requests. We tried almost 4x what could be happeneing?
    09-06-07 08:48 AM
    I moved your post into it's own thread since this is unrelated to the thread you posted it in. You might have better luck with your own thread.
    09-06-07 08:54 AM
    thanks Im so lost
    09-06-07 09:47 AM
    Was the request sent via PIN or e-mail? PIN is the best way...
    09-06-07 12:23 PM
    The request was sent via pin
    09-06-07 12:31 PM
    Try and delete the requests/pins from the pending list and have your friend try to add you instead of you adding him.
    09-06-07 02:06 PM
    thanks, but I tried that and nothing worked.. I also have another issue. I had my boyfriend as a contact and he recently changed his pin. So his contact shows up once in the contact but 2x in the conversation mode. I deleted the old pin and now he listed once in both contacts and conversation. Now when he responds he is only yellow in conversation and not in contact. I looked at his info in contact and its his new pin? SHould I delete him and request him again?
    09-06-07 03:35 PM
    I have the same problem with the BB Messenger, except for a few weeks it worked between our two BB's. Now we have the same pending problem. The only difference is that we do not get an option to send the request via PIN only via email eventhough we have doublchecked out PIN's are correct.
    09-08-07 09:29 PM
    The name you choose to have for Pin Messenger MUST be one with NO dashes, underscores, or funny characters!

So, like in my case I might use Navilyn, or my name. But, if not it will not allow people to reply, or accept / decline, trust me...

Also, on the Pearl, it does not advise of this flaw, on Curve's and the likes it will allow you to put any name you want - scary!
    Last edited by anon(153966); 09-08-07 at 09:41 PM.
    09-08-07 09:37 PM
    Hey thanks for all the help.. The person actually got a new blackberry today and requested me again and it worked...... I hope you can fix yours
    09-08-07 10:14 PM
    I take it you BOTH have data plans?

I have the same problem with the BB Messenger, except for a few weeks it worked between our two BB's. Now we have the same pending problem. The only difference is that we do not get an option to send the request via PIN only via email eventhough we have doublchecked out PIN's are correct.
    09-08-07 10:32 PM
    Yes on the data plan, I think it might have to do with the individual having a BES account and the security settings. I have three other people that I can text via messenger but he is the only one I can't. When I go to my security settings/firewall it shows the number of blocked messages and every time we try to send a message back and forth the counter goes up. He has tried the "new encryption key" function but nothing seems to work.
    09-29-07 09:46 PM
    I'm having a similar problem with my 8310. I exported all my contact from Outlook. In Outlook I had birthdays for many of the contacts. On the BB, however, the PIN field is populated by the birthday. Could this be the reason I can't add any contacts to Messenger? How do I fix this? and does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.
    03-07-08 12:15 AM
    I agree with what Navi says however, i also have had problems with using unlocked BB certainly that have come from the USA for example, i have had an 8800, Pearl and an 8700c that were all American Network unlocked, however, they would never allow me to add a US based user. No matter what i tried....
    03-07-08 03:39 PM
    Haha I feel u I was pending for days til I knew how to do it right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 10:04 AM
    I love BBM but i have to say that the adding contacts/pending/pin or email thing really sucks. I hope they make this a better process with 5.0. once a contact is added its great but really both people have to do a pin request/add contact in order to connect
    08-22-09 02:12 PM
    I am having the same problem. My friend requested me as friend I never got her request and I d stayed on her pending list and vice versa
    09-04-09 11:35 PM
    I hope that someone can eventually tell me how to solve this issue because I tried deleting one of my pending contacts and nothing happened. This is still unresolved.
    09-05-09 12:31 AM
    I know. I had lost my BBM and had to install it again. I sent my PIN back out to my contacts and everyone was able to add me except for one person. On my end, he became a contact again as before, and I can send him chat messages. On his end, I don't appear on his list of contacts, but he can receive my chats and respond. Once the conversation ends I am gone.

We tried side by side to delete/add each other again. When he tries to add me, he can only add me with the name he has for me in is address book, not by adding PIN. That name is first and last, while before, he had me as a contact with just first name, and when we chat now if I start a conversation, that is the name that shows up. The pending contact name is the first and last name!

It's very confusing. We both have curves 8330 but I upgraded to OS4.5 and I think he has 4.3.

It would be nice to solve this!
    10-24-09 10:32 AM
    Just throwing my hat in the ring... I just got an 8830 from work (using a BES) and can't add PIN contacts (gets stuck in the pending mode). My server administrator in on vacation so I can't get answers till next week.
    12-28-09 01:34 PM
    I've got the same problem, I have just bought the blackberry pearl 3g 9105, I went to add friends on blackberry messenger and now it has been pending for the last 4weeks, others have tried to add me and I have not received any requests,

any ideas what's wrong?
    10-08-10 02:25 PM
    i'm having problem with my blackberry curve 8900...
    i actually added a contact on the BBM and it's still notes pendin(waiting for authorization) and the person i added told me he got no add,the same thing happens when i get a add,i don't see any
    04-21-11 01:22 PM
    You'd be better off starting your own thread rather than resurrecting a 4-year old one.

Both of you must have BlackBerry data plans for BBM to work. Did you request by PIN or e-mail? PIN is the preferred method.
    04-22-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD