I was a member of the BlackBerry Pin Exchange on Facebook and now have a Canadian stalker. I have deleted her 7, yes 7, times and she keeps popping back up on my blackberry messenger. I don't get any requests and she is able to just start a conversation. My questions, 1- Is there a way to block a single pin# from my phone? 2- how is she able to do that after being deleted? P.S... I'm a noob to CB so sorry if this was posted in the wrong place. THANX
    04-04-09 02:28 PM
    I was a member of the BlackBerry Pin Exchange on Facebook and now have a Canadian stalker. I have deleted her 7, yes 7, times and she keeps popping back up on my blackberry messenger. I don't get any requests and she is able to just start a conversation. My questions, 1- Is there a way to block a single pin# from my phone? 2- how is she able to do that after being deleted? P.S... I'm a noob to CB so sorry if this was posted in the wrong place. THANX
    If she has backed up her phone with you on the list, she can always restore that backup and you'll show up on that list and she can just message you from there without requesting.

And I don't think you can block a PIN number from messaging you.
    04-04-09 02:41 PM
    I deleted myself on my wifes blackberry to see, and it automatically deleted her from mine. There was no way for me to BB msg her after I'd been deleted. That's why i'm confused. Thee isn't a way for her to have "gotten into my phone" is there?
    04-04-09 04:35 PM
    You can still receive pin messages if they have your pin#...
    04-04-09 04:37 PM
    I deleted myself on my wifes blackberry to see, and it automatically deleted her from mine. There was no way for me to BB msg her after I'd been deleted. That's why i'm confused. Thee isn't a way for her to have "gotten into my phone" is there?
    Read my post again about backing up/restoring.
    04-04-09 04:38 PM
    Still don't make sense to me but I follow now. Thanx
    04-04-09 04:46 PM
    You might try reasoning with her and letting her know in a nice but firm way that you no longer wish to talk to her.
    04-04-09 04:55 PM
    Still don't make sense to me but I follow now. Thanx
    I don't know why it doesn't make sense though. If today you added "Mike" you're now on Mike's contact list. So today if Mike decided to do a backup of his phone, (which backups each and every BBM contact) you will be part of that.

So if later today you decide to delete Mike from your phone, Mike won't have you on his list anymore. But let's say tomorrow Mike decides to RESTORE the backup file from today (which included you on his BBM list), he can just open up his BBM and have you on his list right away to message you.
    04-04-09 04:57 PM
    I don't know why it doesn't make sense though. If today you added "Mike" you're now on Mike's contact list. So today if Mike decided to do a backup of his phone, (which backups each and every BBM contact) you will be part of that.

So if later today you decide to delete Mike from your phone, Mike won't have you on his list anymore. But let's say tomorrow Mike decides to RESTORE the backup file from today (which included you on his BBM list), he can just open up his BBM and have you on his list right away to message you.
    damn thats messed up that he's pretty much screwed
    04-04-09 05:06 PM
    Is she hot?
    04-04-09 05:08 PM
    damn thats messed up that he's pretty much screwed
    Or unless he can call RIM directly and MAYBE they could somehow do a blockage of the PIN. I've never heard of that happening, but you never know.
    04-04-09 05:09 PM
    I doesn't make sense in the fact that if she did the backup and my name was back on her list, how could her list not recognize that she is not on my phone. That's all
    04-04-09 06:27 PM
    And she wouldn't have had time to reboot her phone in between me deleting her. I would delete her name and she would continue talkin with out missin a beat. I literally deleted her 3 time in less then a minute around 10 last night.
    04-04-09 06:29 PM
    I doesn't make sense in the fact that if she did the backup and my name was back on her list, how could her list not recognize that she is not on my phone. That's all
    Her .ipd file (the backup) isn't going to care what's on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by forever29; 04-04-09 at 06:52 PM.
    04-04-09 06:38 PM
    Wow wtf. That sucks.
    04-04-09 06:51 PM
    And she wouldn't have had time to reboot her phone in between me deleting her. I would delete her name and she would continue talkin with out missin a beat. I literally deleted her 3 time in less then a minute around 10 last night.
    Maybe she has your PIN in listed in your contact info rather than just having you in BBM. Wouldn't she just be able to select you from her contacts book and then select the pin you feature from there rather than restoring her back up?
    04-04-09 11:05 PM
    Like forever stated earlier if he deleted her it doesn't matter if he is in her contact info or not. If she performs a backup then he will appear again...always. I have also never heard of blocking a pin but it might be worth changing devices over if she's that freaking annoying. Did we ever get clarification on whether or not she's hot? Just for the record books...
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 04-04-09 at 11:15 PM.
    04-04-09 11:12 PM
    I have ppl on my list there are days that i can see then and some days i cant....
    04-05-09 08:16 AM
    Why haven't I had a stalker yet?
    This is most disappointing. I've been pimping out my PIN in here and that Facebook thing, simply out of boredom and nothing. I used to get stalkers all the time back when Yahoo Messenger was a baby.

I can offer no advice as to how to block her, I suggest telling her where to stick it or threatening her with the police if she doesn't respond to politeness.
    04-05-09 10:17 AM
    So what does it mean when it says

Contacts (5/7)

5 people are online and 7 not? Like 2 people with their BB turned off?
    04-05-09 11:25 AM
    So what does it mean when it says

Contacts (5/7)

5 people are online and 7 not? Like 2 people with their BB turned off?
    I thought that mean five out of seven people online.
    04-05-09 11:27 AM
    just change your display name for a few days and be like who are you pretend you don't know who she is and she will probably delete you...its worth a shot
    04-05-09 11:54 AM
    I just deleted 2 people off mine and when i deleted them it asked would you like to still receive messages from this person click no. It will block the Pin then you can change it I just tried it on mine with my fiances it works put her pin back in and then delet it but under options check never receive messages
    01-09-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD