i just look at the nexus one and it looks like it has a barcode on the back similar to the barcode for bbm. wouldnt it be a good ideal to have are unique barcode engraved into the back of are storm2. any thoughts?
    01-06-10 12:36 AM
    theres no barcode on the back?
    01-06-10 08:12 PM
    On the back of the nexus one there's a barcode that looks just like a bbm code. If you scan it using bbm it takes you to the android website. I was a curious one too. That's a neat idea though lol. I have like a million tattoos and ice always thought about getting a barcode tattooed on me that when you scanned it at a store it would come up. Like a bar code for a kit Kat that way it would be in every stores invetory and you could just buy a kit Kat and rereach over and scan your arm lol. 69 cents lol. Sorry off topic I know
    Steven j

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 08:31 PM
    Are you talking about the unit's individual PIN barcode lazer engraved into the back? That would be cool, but if you need a new phone as a replacement, you will get a new phone, but not a new backing.
    01-06-10 08:32 PM
    Are you talking about the unit's individual PIN barcode lazer engraved into the back? That would be cool, but if you need a new phone as a replacement, you will get a new phone, but not a new backing.
    I forget what company does this, but I have been thinking about this for a while. My Storm seems to be trouble free, so I just might do this. If anyone can lead me to the comany that does this that would be great.
    01-06-10 08:39 PM
    I have like a million tattoos and ice always thought about getting a barcode tattooed on me that when you scanned it at a store it would come up. Like a bar code for a kit Kat that way it would be in every stores invetory and you could just buy a kit Kat and rereach over and scan your arm lol. 69 cents lol. Sorry off topic I know
    Wow you must be high....

What happens when you get older and your skin sags? You would be unscannable...

If you are buying the product....just scan the product. Do you live in a world where every kit-kat barcode is seriously messed up and unscannable?
    01-06-10 08:51 PM
    can somebody show me a pic of this barcode? no pic ive seen has a barcode...
    01-06-10 08:58 PM
    can somebody show me a pic of this barcode? no pic ive seen has a barcode...
    If you have BBM 5 all you have to do is click on your name at the top and it will take you to your profile. At the bottom there is a "Display My Barcode" button. Click this to see your PIN button.
    01-06-10 09:03 PM
    This is the back of the Nexus one. Interesting isnt it? On my macbook its really easy to zoom any thing on the screen so all i did was enlarge the screen and then scan it with my phone.

Anyways though, no, im not high, in fact in my line of work getting caught using drugs like that mean immediate removal from your job, and ive been doing my job for about 8 years, its a very "special" line of work and involves having a lot of your friends lives in your hands on a weekly basis, and with my status in my "special" line of work, i often have many peoples demise in the palm of my hand.

I like tattoo's, and i live my life pretty freely, you never know what day will be your last and with my job, it deals with a lot of skydiving from 15-25 thousand feet, weekly for the most part. So ive always just cared less at what i get tattooed on me, **** if i make it to my 60's they will be some really cool worn out old tattoos to tell stories about to my grand kids, heck my kids now think they have the cool dad haha.
    01-06-10 09:18 PM
    I think that's an optional thing you can get. I've seen it on a few Android phones. It isn't a Nexus exclusive thing.
    01-06-10 09:39 PM
    This is the back of the Nexus one. Interesting isnt it? On my macbook its really easy to zoom any thing on the screen so all i did was enlarge the screen and then scan it with my phone.
    Ah, I did see that, the review said
    The unit we have in hand is -- by all appearances -- a production model, save for the QR code imprint on the back, which is likely an employee-only Easter egg.
    and if you look on googles website it is not on the phone in their pics either
    01-06-10 09:54 PM
    yeah it doesn't come on the production models, it was just a few that had it but that would be a good i deal to have. say if you in the mall and you want to exchange you bbm with someone isnt of going to bbm, option, and all that to get your barcode. you just turn your phone over and scan it.

and since we are the only devices that have barcodes that a specific to are devices to my knowledge then i would be a good ideal to take advantage of.
    01-06-10 10:25 PM
    On the back of the nexus one there's a barcode that looks just like a bbm code. If you scan it using bbm it takes you to the android website. I was a curious one too. That's a neat idea though lol. I have like a million tattoos and ice always thought about getting a barcode tattooed on me that when you scanned it at a store it would come up. Like a bar code for a kit Kat that way it would be in every stores invetory and you could just buy a kit Kat and rereach over and scan your arm lol. 69 cents lol. Sorry off topic I know
    Steven j

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 10:58 PM
    If you look at the pic the droid looks like he's surrendering.
    01-07-10 03:46 AM

Anyways though, no, im not high, in fact in my line of work getting caught using drugs like that mean immediate removal from your job, and ive been doing my job for about 8 years, its a very "special" line of work and involves having a lot of your friends lives in your hands on a weekly basis, and with my status in my "special" line of work, i often have many peoples demise in the palm of my hand.

I like tattoo's, and i live my life pretty freely, you never know what day will be your last and with my job, it deals with a lot of skydiving from 15-25 thousand feet, weekly for the most part. So ive always just cared less at what i get tattooed on me, **** if i make it to my 60's they will be some really cool worn out old tattoos to tell stories about to my grand kids, heck my kids now think they have the cool dad haha.
    Hey man I totally understand what you're saying I am a tattoo fan myself. I just have a leg sleeve and a few sporadic tattoos. You seem like a pretty cool guy add me on bbm if you want my pin is by my pic.
    01-07-10 11:03 AM
    My Storm2 has a BBM style barcode on a sticker in the battery compartment. Not sure what it directs to...
    01-07-10 11:39 AM
    and since we are the only devices that have barcodes that a specific to are devices to my knowledge then i would be a good ideal to take advantage of.
    WHAT??

I hope you realize that the code is a QR code, and it's used for a LOT of things. It is not something RIM created, it is not BlackBerry specific by any means.

QR Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you mean your contact information is encoded and BBM knows how to use that.. well, yes, that's the case... but I wasn't sure that's what you were trying to say.

And why engrave it anyway.. print it to a vinyl sticker and stick it on there, so much cheaper.
    01-07-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD