I'm having an issue with my display pics (avatars) not updating....well they update on my phone but not on anyone elses. Some friends say I don't even have a diplay picture, just the blue man! Two days ago everything seemed to work just fine, but now no picture updates, just status updates. I've pulled the battery as well as re-installed bbm. No luck! Anyone have a clue?
    11-03-09 10:42 AM
    Everyone is being affected. Not sure what's going on, but you'll notice that downloading a received pic is also a challenge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:10 AM
    RIM Server Issue... No ETA.

BBM works find but it just asks like the basic 4.5, 4.7 app..

This is why I went back to 4.7 BBM
    11-03-09 11:26 AM
    Just as I predicted, BBM 5 problems.
    11-03-09 12:46 PM
    All my avatars finally updated this afternoon. Looks like they are gettin git fixed...
    11-03-09 04:55 PM
    Is anyone else still having a problem with this? Mine haven't changed in weeks.
    11-27-09 12:26 PM
    I have this problem as well. I have changed my picture umpteen times to no avail. I can see it, but none of my contacts can... At the same time I can see my contacts' pics (the ones that have pics posted).
    11-30-09 05:56 PM
    i had this problem on my 9000, seems to be resolved on my 9700

off topic, chefnilla i love your signature, made me laugh !
    11-30-09 06:01 PM
    just give it some time, one morning your gonna wake up and have everyones pictures! Thats what my phone did....so give it a couple days.
    12-01-09 12:10 AM
    a couple days?

I have been having this issue for over a month...
    12-01-09 05:03 PM
    Anyone? Is there anyway to fix the avatars?
    12-10-09 11:11 AM
    im still having the same problem as chefnilla... i have done everything to fix it... dont know whats going on
    12-15-09 08:00 PM
    I have this problem as well. I have changed my picture umpteen times to no avail. I can see it, but none of my contacts can... At the same time I can see my contacts' pics (the ones that have pics posted).
    Ditto - even after everyone has version 5.0.0.57. Are others still experiencing this?
    01-11-10 10:43 AM
    Nope everything is updating good for me
    01-11-10 10:46 AM
    same problem!! just got a new 9700 yesterday for my gf and i'm trying to look like a hero with all the updated os and apps. but bbm has me looking like a fool :S
    did everything possible but to no avail.
    can anyone help me put on my tights and cape PLS!!
    01-21-10 11:44 AM
    Mine wouldn't update as of this morning. So I'm assuming it's another hiccup with RIM servers.
    01-21-10 12:49 PM
    I downloaded the new bbm on monday... Its frifay today and I still can't see anyones pics!??? Wats wrong w my phone!?? My friend said she's having the same problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 10:58 AM
    Omggg I'm having this same issue!! Half of my contacts can see my name and pic and the other half can't!
    03-12-10 11:40 AM
    The avatar seems to be a bug for 5.0, in my opinion--I've installed, deleted, reinstalled, etc. many times but it still doesn't work for me. I just went back to 4.6.
    03-12-10 05:15 PM
    The avatar seems to be a bug for 5.0, in my opinion--I've installed, deleted, reinstalled, etc. many times but it still doesn't work for me. I just went back to 4.6.
    Same issue here...I should downgrade too I guess.It's so frustrating!
    03-15-10 01:53 AM
    you went back to 4.6 OS just for bbm avatars? so the myriad of performance benefits for running a new 5.0 OS were outweighed by an aesthetic glitch that probably IS working right. i've seen this issue before, tho only with older versions of bbm, and it was always ALWAYS fixed with either a resend of service books, or a re-install. haven't seen this issue on mine or any of my friends blackberry's since bbm updated to .57, what version of bbm 5 were you running?
    03-15-10 02:36 PM
    I've been having this issue for about two weeks. I haven't seen anyone else's picture updates in that time. I have done numerous battery pulls in that time. I have re-registered and resent service books. I have upgraded BBM as well as reinstalling it. The only thing that made a lick of difference was when I upgraded my OS (to .545). I think I got everyone's current display picture as of that moment. However, I still haven't received a picture update since.

I have reported this to @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter. So far, they've been slow to respond with only rudimentary questions. I'll update this thread if I learn anything from them.
    03-15-10 03:45 PM
    you went back to 4.6 OS just for bbm avatars? so the myriad of performance benefits for running a new 5.0 OS were outweighed by an aesthetic glitch that probably IS working right. i've seen this issue before, tho only with older versions of bbm, and it was always ALWAYS fixed with either a resend of service books, or a re-install. haven't seen this issue on mine or any of my friends blackberry's since bbm updated to .57, what version of bbm 5 were you running?
    I had OS 5.0 (i forget which one, exactly, I think .411?) but that had a lot of problems for me too, such as screen auto-dimming when I had it OFF, screen going to a blank white after it had dimmed and I always had to do a battery pull. I just decided to go back to the old OS. I have no real need to update my OS anyway, I think. It's working fine for my needs. As for BBM 5.0, it was .57. I resent service books and as I said before, uninstalled and reinstalled. Still didn't work for me.

::shrug::
    03-15-10 07:31 PM
    Same problem here. Just upgraded my bold 9000 to the 9700. All my contacts see my old avatar from 9000 and status message. On my end I can't see anyone's avatar just the stock blue icon. I thought it was an issue with the 9700 because my 9000 worked perfectly. So I wiped the 9700 with BBSAK installed the .545 OS and .57 BBM still no go here. Hopefully rim will fix this soon it is aggravating.
    03-18-10 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD