well i was looking at my sisters bold today and i noticed how her bbm had pictures and was epically cooler(you could put pics up, and barcode ect ect.) than the one on my tour. Is there any way i can get my bbm to be that way? or is likee made that way specifically for each phone?
    09-19-10 02:55 AM
    From here using your Tour's browser, or from AppWorld.
    09-19-10 03:24 AM
    On the home screen, hold alt+ right caps key+ h and tell us your app version. Sounds like you're on an old OS, which you may want to update at some point.

Then on your BB's native browser, go to www.blackberry.com/messenger to download the newer BBM...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-19-10 at 04:23 AM.
    09-19-10 04:21 AM
    I agree with the_sandman. If you have App world, you could find BBM and try to see if it will load a newer BBM without having to update the OS.
    09-19-10 09:56 AM
    Maybe my post should have been like this:

From HERE using your Tour's browser, or from AppWorld.
    09-19-10 10:03 AM
    I also have the Tour and am using 4.7 os. I downloaded and installed the new BB messenger this morning from appworld. In fact there was a notification on my screen about it. Works just fine.
    09-19-10 12:02 PM
    Sorry Wulfman, Im still more popular 'round these parts, y'all hear?!

I have heard the appworld version is nearly twice the size of the version you get at the link wulfman and I provided because it has support for all languages. I can't verify this, because my bb is deactivated, but check in your apps list, it should be~ 3mb vs around 6...
    09-19-10 02:18 PM
    You are correct Sandy, and why I'll use any other means before AW.
    09-19-10 02:34 PM
    So if I download at the link you provided will it replace the same (larger) version that I already have?
    09-22-10 07:51 PM
    So if I download at the link you provided will it replace the same (larger) version that I already have?
    I suspect not. Better to be sure your Remote Backup is activated, delete the current, and then install the browser OTA BBM.
    09-22-10 08:23 PM
    In addition to the remote backup just to be an absolutely safe it might not be a terrible idea to use desktop manager to make a backup also.
    09-22-10 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD