If I download Blackberry Messenger 5.0 and if I dont like it can I delete it and how to I get the original Blackberry Messenger.
    06-17-10 04:33 PM
    If you download some of the older OS's, they include the older BBM.

There really isn't a reason not to like the new BBM.
    06-17-10 05:14 PM
    My dad downloaded it and he said it was a pain in the but to work and i never used the BBM till just a couple of weeks ago. Do I have to back up my BB before I downloaded it someone told me that I have to do that in order to keep my contacts.
    06-17-10 05:30 PM
    i would just to make sure. but when i updated my blackberry last week i didn't need to.

and i love the new BBM. it's much cleaner looking.
    06-19-10 09:37 AM
    One of the great features of BBM 5.0.0.xx is it backs up your contacts for you and stores it on the RIM server. I would also suggest signing up for the BlackBerry Beta Zone. You can then get the BBM 5.0.1.xx.
    06-19-10 12:13 PM
    BBM 5.0 also improves several existing features. In other words, the older versions are fairly buggy with regards to file and picture transfers. Also, the Groups feature is very nice. Not trying to go off-topic but OP seems set on knocking something OP hasn't tried.
    06-19-10 06:34 PM
    If I download Blackberry Messenger 5.0 and if I dont like it can I delete it and how to I get the original Blackberry Messenger.
    To answer the question. I think I might load up a utility such as BBSAK and copy off the .cod and related files. Newer versions of BBSAK facilitate backing up installed apps and even creates a .jad file for easy reinstallation. This way you can retain your older version.
    06-19-10 06:42 PM
    Here's another strong suggestion:
    OTA Downloads - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

These are OTA links to install various versions.
    06-19-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD