I asked this in another thread, but figure the more feelers I get out there the better chance I have of getting this resolved...

Is anyone else having issues sending messages to people w/o BBM 5.0? The only people I can recieve messages from or get messages from me are my brother and sister in law who also have it.

Ive got a couple people on my list still using the old version and they get messages and send to me just fine. In fact all my contacts HAD the old version but Ive slowly converted them over.

To Berry Storm:
    When in a chat with someone hit the BB menu and select "Location Sharing".

As for your other 2 questions, I dont see either of those options and its the first Ive heard of them.
    07-31-09 07:35 AM
    Thanks wingz. Maybe I just need to switch deodorant or something
    07-31-09 08:04 AM
    Anyone know what the "A" is for in my list of contacts? It shows up occasionally. I've tested to see if it was when they were actively typing me a message, but that did not seem to be the case.
    07-31-09 11:08 AM
    Ya know... I've seen it and never really thought of it. I'm pretty sure the "D" means the message has been delivered... right? Anyone else know?
    07-31-09 11:23 AM
    I updated it on my cousins 8130 and it worked fine.
    07-31-09 11:39 AM
    Anyone know what the "A" is for in my list of contacts? It shows up occasionally. I've tested to see if it was when they were actively typing me a message, but that did not seem to be the case.
    Someone is typing you a message.
    07-31-09 11:42 AM
    Someone is typing you a message.
    I was sitting next to someone as they were typing to me and the "A" did not appear. It's got to be something different.
    07-31-09 01:10 PM
    Well,

I am also on Telus in Canada, and using the Pearl 8130, I HAD OS 4.5.0.77
    and when I tried to install BBM 5.0 ( Curve Version as instructed ) it would OTA download, install over write a couple files, reboot, and then my old BBM would be gone, and there was no new one either. So I upgraded to the Sprint OS as was told I would have to do to make this work on the Pearl 8130 OS 4.5.0.131
    and same thing? Any ideas guys?
    08-17-09 07:45 AM
    Does anyone have a link for BBM 5.0 downloads? I think I'm too nervous to pick a link from a Google search in case it screws up my BB, hahah. :/
    08-17-09 08:41 AM
    Have 8530 running bbm 5 I thought that if your status was busy messages won't come through. I have mine set to busy and messages still come through and tone sounds. Is it suppose to work like this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 09:39 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD