I was trying to upgrade my blackberry messenger to the latest version. When I downloaded the new messenger it would not allow me to open messenger at all. I uninstalled it and try to reinstall it but it now is not showing messenger in the applications and it will not install. Anyone else have this problem and is there a solution? It wouldn't bother me so much but that I have a messenger icon showing that I have a message thru messanger that I can't read therefor I can not get the icon to go away.
    03-28-10 06:59 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull ? If not give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 09:14 PM
    That was the first thing that I thought of. I have tried to uninstall - reinstall and nothing. I have taken the battery out and put it back in at least a dozen times.
    03-29-10 06:55 PM
    Hey I have the same problem.... I don't know if I was an ***** and tried to install a newer version of bbm without unistalling the older version first. My husband used to work for Sprint and now he is with Verizon and he says that my phone is confused between the two apps. I may have to reset my phone. He also was saying that I may be able to use the desktop to fix the problem. I don't know.... but if you have a solution please HELP ME!!!!! Thanks so much!
    03-30-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD