i need someones help plz, i have a blackberry messenger 8800 ,i removed the app for the blackberry messenger . i can't get it back .. i don't have a cord i need the older version my phone won't take the upgrade i need 4.0, 4.1
    10-20-09 10:45 AM
    Waiting a little bit is good, gives people time to respond.

You need to get it from an OS package unless there is an OTA link. Not sure about the latter, but you may need to buy a USB cable and install that component through the Desktop Manager again.

The cables are cheap and easy to find, that is the good part.
    10-20-09 10:49 AM
    I did the same thing.. USB cable cost me about 8$.
    10-20-09 10:53 AM
    aww thanks guys there is no other way like a link or something
    10-20-09 10:57 AM
    What Do I Do When I Get The Cable ? I Kno I Suck At This Stuff
    10-20-09 10:59 AM
    Can you do me a favor and go to your options menu, click about, and tell me what OS version you're running. It'll be the one that looks like "4.1.x.xxx" or whatever. What are the numbers in sequence.
    It'll be on the third line down.

I'm on the BlackBerry page for Rodgers 8800 software downloads, and the lowest OS that it's showing for that device is 4.2.1.90
    There is also OS 4.5 available to you if you want to DL it for your device... just throwing that option out there. Here's the link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...NGtkkGqQVi5X3g**
    Last edited by elvin1983; 10-20-09 at 11:52 AM.
    10-20-09 11:46 AM
    ok i don't see nothing like that i am looking
    10-20-09 11:52 AM
    v4.2.190 i think its that or there is 2.3.072
    10-20-09 11:54 AM
    ok i need a link sent to my phone i need the lowest one i have the 8800 so wahtever will work on that phone
    10-20-09 11:56 AM
    i clicked on the link its not letting me do anything
    10-20-09 11:57 AM
    Ok it's the 4.2.190. On the link that I posted above, follow that link, select your phone from the drop down menu, and locate the OS build number that matches the one that you found on your phone, the 4.2.190. From there, you're going to want to click download, and SAVE the file to your desktop. After the file has been fully downloaded, double click the icon on your desktop, and follow the steps given thru the install wizard to install the OS to your computer. After that, open Desktop Manager, connect your 8800 to your computer using the USB, go to application manager, application loader. It should automatically locate the OS that you downloaded and in the list it compiles you should find the version of BBM that you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 12:00 PM
    i clicked on the link its not letting me do anything
    Just relax, we'll get you taken care of. There isn't an OTA link for the BBM version you need. So when you clicked the link it didn't take you anywhere? Didn't take you to a different page, or open it in a different window?

10-20-09 12:02 PM
    everything your saying is helful lol but i have no cord so is there away around the usb cord and the link just won't work i kno its not that hard i jus need a download link str8 to my phone
    10-20-09 12:05 PM
    After you select your device it looks like the OS you are looking for is the last one on the bottom

Do you have Desktop Manager installed on your PC?
    10-20-09 12:06 PM
    everything your saying is helful lol but i have no cord so is there away around the usb cord and the link just won't work i kno its not that hard i jus need a download link str8 to my phone
    Unfortunately no, there is no OTA link for BBM for 4.2. Before BBM5.0, BBM was packaged into every OS, much like BrickBreaker is, not as a seperate, downloadable app, therefore, the only way that you're going to be able to get BBM that is compatable with your OS is to download the entire OS, and load it thru Desktop Manager.

I personally reccomend that if you're going to go to the trouble to download the OS currently on your device, that you download the upgraded software for OS 4.5. THIS IS MY RECCOMENDATION, and you don't have to do it if you're not comfortable with it, just my suggestion. 4.5 is vastly superior to the 4.2 OS that you're currently running, however, if you are completly satasfied with your OS and have no desire to change it that is perfectly fine.

If you decide to download OS 4.5, you'll have to upgrade the OS on your entire device, you can't just load BBM onto OS 4.2, just won't work, and I don't think it'll even let you attempt it...

So, in a nutshell, I can't send a download link to your phone, because there just isn't one.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 10-20-09 at 12:19 PM.
    10-20-09 12:10 PM
    ok i will get a usb cord cuz it wil be much easyer for me i understand what your saying thank alot for your help i was going crazy i will let you know if it works you will know cuz i will be righ back here lol

10-20-09 12:18 PM
    ok i will get a usb cord cuz it wil be much easyer for me i understand what your saying thank alot for your help i was going crazy i will let you know if it works you will know cuz i will be righ back here lol

Good deal, I'll check up on this over the next couple hours. I leave work in a couple hours so if you run into any problems you can PM me on here, or just post your issue and I'm sure someone on here will be happy to help you. Either way, we'll get you taken care of!
    10-20-09 12:23 PM
    Hello, I need some help here.. I changed my Company phone and when i came to the new one my BB messenger was not on my Application, I have no idea if my last company just deleted it or what happened... I'd like to get more info referent how could i get back my BB Messenger.... I really would appreciate any helps you can give to me please!
    10-21-09 06:51 PM
    go to options>about and tell me what OS you are running. It'll be a sequence of numbers, such as 4.5.0.169.

Also, what carrier is the phone thru? Is it Digicel that you have listed above?
    10-21-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD