I HAVE A BLACKBERRY MESSENGER WITH THE V 4.5.081 OS. MY FIANCE HAS THE SAME PHONE SAME SOFTWARE.

FOR SOME STRANGE REASON WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SEND EACH OTHER MESSAGES ALL DAY TODAY!

HE'LL SEND ME A MESSAGE THRU THE BB MESSENGER AND I GET IT.I RESPOND AND THEN IT SITS THERE AND THEN SHOWS HIS STATUS AS ON PHONE. I DELETED HIM ADDED HIM AND IT SAYS PENDING..

HE NEVER GOT MY REQUEST.

SO THEN HE DELETED ME AND ADDED ME I GOT THE REQUEST AND ACCEPTED HE STILL HASN'T GOTTEN ANYTHING!!

ANY IDEAS?
    I'VE TAKEN OUT THE BATTERY, RESENT SERVICE BOOKS, SHUT OFF RESTART...UGHHH!!
    07-27-09 10:09 AM
    I know that Blackberry has been having some problems lately with their servers so some of my msgs haven't been getting delivered to people and if they are they've received their msgs hours later. I called my provider and complained but there is really nothing they can do...it's up to RIM...I'm sure it'll be back to normal asap.
    07-27-09 10:27 AM
    i've been dealing with this for like the past week :/
    07-27-09 10:40 AM
    goodnes gracious!!! greatt!! least i know its not just me now...it was begininng to drive me NUTS!!!!

has anyone contact blackberry?

i wonder what's going on?
    07-27-09 10:53 AM
    Are your other contacts ok? Can they get your msgs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:53 AM
    Are your other contacts ok? Can they get your msgs?

i have one other contact i just sent a message to and he got it...??
    07-27-09 11:09 AM
    anyone know a good OTA for BBM 5 my friend just bought a sprint 8330 and the OTA link i gave him deleted BBM when he finished.
    07-27-09 11:11 AM
    anyone know a good OTA for BBM 5 my friend just bought a sprint 8330 and the OTA link i gave him deleted BBM when he finished.
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    also, we can blame BBM 5.0 for the issues people are having, as it apparently uses twice the bandwidth as the previous BBM and RIMs servers weren't ready for it
    07-27-09 11:18 AM
    thank you lyric
    07-27-09 11:30 AM
    I had the same problem with my 5.0 and my wifes . I was getting in SOOO much trouble for not responding . (Cause I never got them ) to fix my problem I just throw my phone @ her with my response . Lol
    I hope rim corrects this soon , before I end up breaking my phone
    07-27-09 11:33 AM
    ok everyone is talking about the bb 5.0 -is this what i need to do now? im still trying to figure out how to fix my issue?
    07-27-09 12:04 PM
    I want the BBM 5.0 but I dont know where to get an update for OS B4 I get the 5.0
    07-27-09 12:40 PM
    you can get a newer OS from blackberry.com.....the newest OS out for verizon is .77, which is not compatible with BBM 5 as you have probably found out......goto blackberry site and download the curve os for telus. You'll be looking for OS .138 (don't get .161 because there have been bugs with .161 and using on verizon). Make sure that when you install the OS onto your computer, you remove the vendor.xml file (vendor.xml can be found in Program Files\Common\Reasearch In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml)

Once you have deleted that file, you can run desktop manager and upgrade the OS on your phone to .138

I've upgraded from .77 to .138 and then installed BBM 5, and I haven't had any issues whatsoever
    07-27-09 01:17 PM
    I have bbm 5.0. Its great. Has a few minor bugs. I wouldn't suggest it just yet. I had a similar problem with my bbm a year back. The problem was that a contact of mine had me as their contact through an old phone. Basically, get your friend to delete you. Get your husbands friends to delete him. Then add everyone again and everything should be fine. It worked for me after 3 months of trying to figure it out.

P.s. I did all the os upgrades prior and it didn't help.

07-27-09 01:23 PM
    does anyone know if i can download teh new bb 5.0 for my 8320? I have tmobile for service provider..
    07-27-09 03:15 PM
    you can, but it depends on what OS you currently have
    07-27-09 04:41 PM
    It's probably the servers. Mine does that a lot when theres an overload and I have to resend msgs I already sent.
    07-27-09 05:24 PM
    i've been dealing with this for like the past week :/
    mmhmm, me too.
    i tried to add my friend on bbm and it literally wouldn't let me.
    i tried at least four times. :/
    07-27-09 05:26 PM
    did you try a battery pull on both phones?
    07-27-09 05:48 PM
    if you're having message delays, or problems adding friends, you can also try resending your service books to your phone. that can be done by logging into your blackberry BIS account, or contacting your carrier and they can re-send them to your phone.

you can also re-register your host routing table by going to options>advanced options>host routing table, and then hit menu button and select register

When I've had BBM issues in the past, I do those two things, and 95% of the time it works and things go back to normal.
    07-27-09 05:58 PM
    been using bbm 5.0 for a while now without any issues. i have heard of random intermittent service issues though.
    07-27-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD