I have had the BlackBerry Curve 8310 for a few months now and have had no problems until now. For some reason, the little smiley face that shows you have a message pending from BlackBerry Messenger will not go away even though I have no active conversations. It has been there for 3 days now. I tried restarting my phone and re-closing BlackBerry Messenger yet nothing worked. So I uninstalled BlackBerry Messenger and the smiley face went away. Now that I try to download BBMessenger I receive an error saying:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger"

Any ideas?
    Last edited by tdFMason12; 02-07-08 at 08:20 PM.
    02-07-08 08:15 PM
    How did you uninstall your BlackBerry Messenger? Delete from your application list? If so, connect your device to your computer and run your DM. Click application loader to view the applications loaded. If you see BlackBerry Messenger, highlight to delete. Complete and finish the process. Disconnect your device from the computer and then remove your battery from your device to reset. Then try downloading BBM OTA and see if you will get that going. We'll start from there.

If nothing else, we sure will find another way.
    02-07-08 08:25 PM
    I can't post links yet since I have only been a member for like 2 days and haven't made 10 posts yet. I did a search on google for "reinstall BB messenger on curve" and got information pertaining to installing the desktop software on the computer and then attaching your BB. Supposedly it will reinstall the messenger.
    02-07-08 08:26 PM
    Yes, but that will be the plan B if the plan A doesn't work.
    02-07-08 08:29 PM
    Sounds to me like he has already tried the OTA option:

Now that I try to download BBMessenger I receive an error saying:

"Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger"
    02-07-08 08:35 PM
    Yah i deleted BBMessenger through my app list. I took out the batter and checked my DM and still nothing. I tried to download the program again with my phone connected to my pc and it still gave me the same error. Bogus!
    02-07-08 08:38 PM
    Im going to try and play around with it a little more.
    02-07-08 08:41 PM
    Then Plan B it is. Reinstall you handheld software. Make sure you have backed up your data first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-08 09:06 PM
    ........ meh
    02-07-08 09:09 PM
    Reinstall you handheld software?
    02-07-08 09:12 PM
    I had this exact same problem with my 8130 Pearl. I had to reinstall the OS on my device. I went to the blackberry website and found the software for my device specific to my service provider (TELUS).

After you run the program that downloads and go through the step-by-step setup, you will need to go into the Application Loader under Desktop Manager. There, you will find any and all applications your phone comes with, along with BB Messenger!

It's a pain in the ***, but that's what i had to do, too, just the other day.

Hope this explains it well enough.
    02-07-08 09:20 PM
    Just one question ... how do you reinstall the OS on a curve 8310.
    02-08-08 01:15 AM
    I found an article on the Blackberry website that may help you. Go there and choose support then search for KB14473 and see if those instruction help you.
    02-08-08 07:29 AM
    That happend to me as well you have to end all your conversations
    02-08-08 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD