Hello,

I have Blackberry 9900 and today i upgraded to OS 7.1.0.342 (leaked of course) so everything seems fine i did a wipe over BBSAK and installed it over DM, and i am just unable to find Blackberry Maps?

I tried uninstalling cause it does shows in apps so i removed it, installed it all over again but same thing, Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Thanks
    03-25-12 04:53 PM
    ATT blocks BB maps,there are a few workarounds including modding the BLACKBERRY.ALX file before loading the OS and an easier fix that loads an icon shortcut to the program.You'll have to do a search in the forums for BB maps fix ATT or somethin like that.
    03-25-12 05:09 PM
    No issues with 267 on ATT.
    03-25-12 07:15 PM
    .342 has maps - and the OP makes no mention of being on ATT. Regardless of carrier, maps are ALWAYS included in all builds.
    03-25-12 07:22 PM
    Att tries and blocks some bridge functionality but there's a work around. Berry maps like a previous poster stated comes loaded on ALL os's. Has nothing to do with the carrier.

OP have you tried un hiding icons to see if its hidden?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-25-12 08:28 PM
    Load it from DM. Sometimes stuff gets lost on an OS update, particularly if you wipe first.
    03-25-12 09:33 PM
    ATT blocks BB maps,there are a few workarounds including modding the BLACKBERRY.ALX file before loading the OS and an easier fix that loads an icon shortcut to the program.You'll have to do a search in the forums for BB maps fix ATT or somethin like that.
    Well I see, I will try to find that thread but i didn't came across any while creating a new one but this is so weird why would they do that at all, it shouldn't be a problem, its just an app and should be included with every release
    But thanks
    03-25-12 09:52 PM
    No issues with 267 on ATT.
    I don't either, i have been on it from quite a while i would say its the best around in 7.1 release, but had a bug for brightness issue but how ever its fixed in the newer and I'm having trouble with maps now!
    03-25-12 09:54 PM
    Att tries and blocks some bridge functionality but there's a work around. Berry maps like a previous poster stated comes loaded on ALL os's. Has nothing to do with the carrier.

OP have you tried un hiding icons to see if its hidden?

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes i did un hiding the icons and nothings hidden just one icon which i myself set it to hide, i mean if i type "maps" on universal search theres an icon on extended search but not in main menu and I'm not on AT&T but i don't know it might be their release I'm having since i don't know which carrier released this but if its true that they blocked some functionality then this is ridiculous!
    03-25-12 09:58 PM
    Just install this launcher, it'll give you a perm link to bbmaps

http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    linuxbbm likes this.
    Load it from DM. Sometimes stuff gets lost on an OS update, particularly if you wipe first.
    I did, and its same as after installing a fresh OS
    Anyone done the upgrade on a rogers 9900? Any problems?

Thanks,

A in Ktown
    03-25-12 10:03 PM
    Just install this launcher, it'll give you a perm link to bbmaps

http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I did installed it and its working now, just its having some old icon from 8520 it seem but thanks that really helped
    03-25-12 10:12 PM
    Get google maps instead. Has way better features than BB maps. BB maps needs a major upgrade in my opinion!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-26-12 05:49 AM
    Get google maps instead. Has way better features than BB maps. BB maps needs a major upgrade in my opinion!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    No, BB Maps on 7.1 has far more features then Google Maps, turn by turn directions in a top banner and it even re routes if you make a wrong turn.

BB Maps has evolved, Google Maps is the same old crap, only good at finding obscure addresses.
    03-26-12 06:48 AM
    I'm running 7.1.0.391 official from rogers (came through Desktop Manager) and BB Maps is nowhere in sight.... Noticed this the other day and was really upset being that Google Maps will never be updated past 4.5.3 now.
    05-22-12 03:10 PM
    BB Maps is in all OS builds, .391 included.
    05-22-12 03:23 PM
    I had the same problem on my 9810 with the missing BB Maps icon. It turned out that the problem was a missing service book.

I've uploaded the file. It contains the service books required for AOL,Windows Live,Yahoo, Google Talk and Blackberry Maps. I had to re-register my email addresses after installing it.

Credit to darrenpainter on my UK carrierrs site (Giffgaff)
    Here's a link to his post with instructions Blackberry - Get Your Missing Service Books - The giffgaff community
    I presume it's OK to link to other sites, if it's not, I apologise.
    Last edited by mr_chaela; 05-24-12 at 08:49 PM.
    05-24-12 08:38 PM
    I had the same problem on my 9810 with the missing BB Maps icon. It turned out that the problem was a missing service book.

I've uploaded the file. It contains the service books required for AOL,Windows Live,Yahoo, Google Talk and Blackberry Maps. I had to re-register my email addresses after installing it.

Credit to darrenpainter on my UK carrierrs site (Giffgaff)
    Here's a link to his post with instructions Blackberry - Get Your Missing Service Books - The giffgaff community
    I presume it's OK to link to other sites, if it's not, I apologise.
    Hmmm... Isn't it so, that the service books are carrier-dependent? Which means, that service books for GiffGaff are different, then Rogers?
    05-25-12 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD