I'm wondering if anyone has any solutions or suggestions on increasing the reliability of google talk for blackberry. There was a point in time that gtalk maintained a rock solid connection. I recall running weeks on end with out disconnecting. This unfortunate has changed. For years now, I constantly contend with getting disconnected from the service. Recently I am experiencing a new problem. Google talk indicates its connected, however I do not receive any message nor can I send any. This is probably cause it is really not connected and reporting the wrong status. This gives the false impression that the messenger rending it useless. The only way to fix this is to exit and start the app back up..

This is increasingly frustrating as more and more contact move from BB to android making BBM is less relevant. This is something that need to be addressed for those that still have blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 04:17 AM
    Well, AFAIK, the latest version has known issues with showing online contacts.
    you may wish to avoid the Google Talk one as there has been reports of it not accurately showing online contacts that are available.
    http://crackberry.com/official-rim-i...updated-v30019
    BBM is not less relevant to all. Just for those who do not have many remaining BBM contacts.
    I for one have been expanding my BBM contact list with all of the BB10 excitement.
    You just need more friends that use the same platform as you do.

There are plenty of other cross platform solutions like WhatsApp, LiveProfile and many others.
    Try one, and pick one to your liking.

You do NOT need only a Google IM client to converse with users of Android devices.

Hope this helps.
    05-05-12 05:16 AM
    I agree with deltaecho. As a heavy Gmail user (I use Google Apps for Business for my company), I use Google Talk (chat) a lot, and switch between my computer and BB several times during the day.

Sadly, the BB Google Talk client has gotten dramatically worse over the last three years. It logs out constantly, but still shows that I'm logged in.

This is not a slam RIM post. I love my 9900 and they'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. I'm simply giving some feedback on an app gone bad; one that used to work flawlessly, but I recently deleted, due to it's complete lack of consistency.

I realize there are other IM clients, but for heavy Gmail users, this was a great app. Sadly, it no longer is.

Come on Google/RIM, please fix this app.
    05-31-12 11:28 PM
    I also agree. I used gtalk very often over the years but especially now when I need another IM client as BBM is practical useless for me (maybe 3 or 4 contacts left with BB/BBM) and a lot of Android users I liked google talk.

I don't like whats app and the others as it is silly to just use something like that which only works on mobiles.

I prefere open protokolls, email, IM jabber protokol etc...

I don't understand the people, replacing text messages/sms with someting which has the same restriction
    06-02-12 02:26 PM
    Has anyone figured out even a workaround for this problem? I have exactly the same problem and am at a loss as to how to get around it.
    08-15-12 02:08 PM
    I've deleted the native Google Talk app off my 9900 b/c of the constant disconnection issues.

Currently, I am using IM+ Pro. It's not perfect, but it seems to work better than RIM's Google Talk app.

I don't want to make too much of this, but this is a BIG deal. RIM, please fix this. Professionals have been loyal to BB, while consumers (Facebook zombies) leave for iPhone/Android.

RIM, please don't make us regret our decision to remain loyal to what we thought was the best communication/"get real work done" device on the planet.
    08-17-12 11:24 PM
    This is one thing left that I have to remedy before going to Windows Phone. It's just this one thing and I'll stay! Come on RIM! It's RIM's problem right? Do you think maybe it's because they want you to use BBM? I don't even know what BBM is! It's blackberry messenger, right?? I just got a Blackberry this year and I don't get what this BBM thing is. I use google talk, but it keeps disconnecting!
    12-02-12 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD