Hi
    I've backed up my phone firstly and have wiped it with BBSAK.

I've been trying to update my Bold 9790 software and every time I try using the Blackberry desktop software (which as far as I understand is the only way....) it tries to update the desktop software first and then it gets just over half way and an error occurs. it just says "an error occurred please retry".
    I've tried to delete the desktop software program and clean my registry using Ccleaner, then rebooted, then deleted the VENDOR.XML file which most threads see as the culprit. No help..... Then I re downloaded it but the 'new desktop software program' is still the same one that was uploaded in 2012 and when I install it and try to update my device software it tells me the same story.

I then downloaded the actual update for the device software file from blackberry from a different carrier and tried to install it. It successfully installs on my laptop but doesn't do anything after that.....? My PC is a HP 625 AMD pro 32 bit windows 7.......

So now I have a Blackberry Bold 9790 with no OS on it....

Can anyone help?
    12-04-14 04:22 AM
    My first recommendation. Disconnect the phone from the USB and download BLEND, yes I said Blend. Install it as it would hopefully have all the newest drivers and components. Loaders is STILL available in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion" folder so you will still be able to follow the process for the Vendor.Xml load process.

BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - Canada

DO NOT CONNECT THE DEVICE UNTIL THE SOFTWARE IS COMPLETELY LOADED.

Once installed go ahead and connect, see if any additional errors crop up.

PS. Run the installation as Administrator.
    12-04-14 06:44 AM