@f1l4
    Since the first release of Beta OS 5, the browser has faster rendering, so i believe browser in OS 5 is better than 4.6

@ritesh
    Perhaps they didn't know how to save the messages since OS 5 using threaded messages.

@To all who has difficulty to save a message ( not the whole threaded messages)
    To save the message, you have to choose which message will be saved not the whole threaded messages, just pick one of your chat message and choose BB key to get save menu.

Review :
    As mention before :
    - FB working flawlessly , no white text screen anymore, all status showed up perfectly
    - SMS Delivery is back alive
    - Faster Response during GPRS connection active

Known working application:
    - Forward with Edit
    - Battery Booster
    - Buzz Me Pro
    - Copy All
    - Google Maps 3.2.1
    - Phone Assistant
    - Weather eye
    - FaceBook
    - Yahoo Messenger
    - Color ID

Known un-working application
    - AutoStandby 2.4.0

Thanks
    Last edited by tb146; 12-09-09 at 05:41 AM.
    12-09-09 05:39 AM
    I can confirm that the following apps are working on .411 - in addition to the list above

UberTwitter
    WeatherBug
    Opera 5 Beta 2 (although re-download as they just patched it)
    edocrab Beta
    Poynt
    GoogleTalk
    Windows Live Messenger

So far so good + Facebook working better, no blank outs on status updates / news stream.

UMA calling seems fine
    UMA switchover working fine
    GPRS Calling fine
    SMS is threading
    Browsing fine
    Signal for mobile network good
    Still feels a speedy as .348
    Last edited by oldskoo1; 12-09-09 at 09:29 AM.
    12-09-09 06:14 AM
    12-09-09 06:55 AM
    downloaded and installed, i was running on .238, generally the phone is much much better. but and there is always a but with leak's, my sms's are all messed up just like bligui mentioned!!!!!!! if found that it also added a bunch of empty folders !!!!
    im going to go back to the older version i guess !!!!!
    12-09-09 07:00 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to install this OS on a mac? I have the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager for mac (1.0.2). I have no idea how to do it. Thanks in Advance
    12-09-09 07:01 AM
    downloaded and installed, i was running on .238, generally the phone is much much better. but and there is always a but with leak's, my sms's are all messed up just like bligui mentioned!!!!!!! if found that it also added a bunch of empty folders !!!!
    im going to go back to the older version i guess !!!!!
    Could you show me which folder ? if it is under sms folder mention inbox and spam folder, it is because each email account has different folders for inbox and spam but the message application shown in one application only.
    12-09-09 07:29 AM
    Did a mess on my SMS but the rest seems pretty fast will try figure out my SMS problemif i got to DM and then to ADVANCED in Backup and Restore it says all my sms are there but i can't see them well ill try figure that one out maybe a wipe and then do it all again
    It wierd, during the installation the apploader will backup all your data.
    Mine has no problem with it, all my data in previous 348 was restored perfectly
    12-09-09 07:32 AM
    i installed via DM with no hassle. i used the link in the first post (leads to a megaupload file). upon downloading the OS, i installed it on my PC. then, using the BBM 5.0.0.52 COD zip files located on page 4 or 5 of this thread, i copied and pasted them into the java folder (replacing whichever BBM the OS came with). then went into the java folder and deleted the VVM cods (like 30 of them).

backup and install with DM went flawlessly. i dont see much difference so far than .348 since i never had any bugs/issues with it. both releases seem similar and snappy.
    12-09-09 07:38 AM
    Upgrading my BB 8900 right now... did a wipe first for a clean OS install. Will restore my data after.

EDIT: The OS install went very quick with the wipe... but the initial boot up is taking a while... got a bit nervous there for a second but it looks good so far. Now, time to restore my backup...
    Last edited by shabbs; 12-09-09 at 07:50 AM.
    12-09-09 07:38 AM
    can someone let me know if the following programs are working fine?

-viigo
    -beejive
    -google voice,maps
    -BBM
    -Youmail

Thanks
    12-09-09 07:46 AM
    What is VVM stands for and what is use for?
    12-09-09 07:53 AM
    if not mistaken its Visual Voice Mail
    12-09-09 08:08 AM
    Has anybody been able to get the wireless contact with google to work? The BIS on T-Mobile site shows it, but the application they say to change settings is still not showing up on my Blackberry. Any ideas? THe program is shown in the application list, but the icon still routes me to the website... any helpe would be appreciated. Otherwise everything seems to be working flawless.
    12-09-09 08:18 AM
    I just downloaded .348, is it worth the upgrade to .411?

Can't really get an answer by reading all of this
    12-09-09 08:33 AM
    overall more smoother than .348
    UMA more solid
    battery life longer
    very solid, worth upgrade from .348
    12-09-09 08:53 AM
    I just downloaded .348, is it worth the upgrade to .411?

Can't really get an answer by reading all of this
    i would say anything after .348 should be just as solid as .348 was. so far, things do seem faster and things 90% of users didnt even notice, were fixed. im always for upgrading to the next higher beta OS. so far this one seems just as good as .348. it may seem so close to .348 that i would say if you didnt do it, you arent missing out. they are basically the same. but i always like to be using the most recent, as long as its as solid as the last.
    12-09-09 09:03 AM
    Has anybody been able to get the wireless contact with google to work? The BIS on T-Mobile site shows it, but the application they say to change settings is still not showing up on my Blackberry. Any ideas? THe program is shown in the application list, but the icon still routes me to the website... any helpe would be appreciated. Otherwise everything seems to be working flawless.
    Please check out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/gma...-5-0-a-381971/
    12-09-09 09:04 AM
    if not mistaken its Visual Voice Mail
    that is correct
    12-09-09 09:05 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to install this OS on a mac? I have the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager for mac (1.0.2). I have no idea how to do it. Thanks in Advance
    Short answer... you can't.

Longer answer..... without installing Windows on your Mac, there is no way to install a leaked OS. Personally, I wouldn't pollute my Mac with Windows just to install a beta OS. Borrow someone's PC instead.
    12-09-09 09:10 AM
    Done installing, so far everything seems the same with .348, only found some issues:

-during setup it will downgrade my yahoo msg from 2.5.30 to 2.5.27
    -lag when you use the switch applications and slide it fast to left or right.
    -Nimbuzz not working through wifi after upgrading, it work well with .348

Battery don't know yet just install by today, but seems the same with .348. Maybe after sometime i will reset to factory setting to fix those issues or back to .348 or wait for another leak..

cheeerss..
    12-09-09 09:15 AM
    Ok, anyone got opera mini 4.2 working??
    The new beta 5 is fine, but good ol' 4.2 gives me a wierd command bar using softkeys (like it thinks it's another phone???) And the back button doesn't respond at all...
    Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 09:15 AM
    i would say anything after .348 should be just as solid as .348 was. so far, things do seem faster and things 90% of users didnt even notice, were fixed. im always for upgrading to the next higher beta OS. so far this one seems just as good as .348. it may seem so close to .348 that i would say if you didnt do it, you arent missing out. they are basically the same. but i always like to be using the most recent, as long as its as solid as the last.
    I downloaded it last night but havent installed it yet, .348 is working beautifully for me, so I think I'll wait a day or two and see what you guys report in terms of improvements.

BTW, what things that 90% of the users didnt notice were fixed?
    12-09-09 09:17 AM
    Lost my threaded SMS - just me or is it really gone?
    12-09-09 09:18 AM
    Calender event time set looks like alarm app.
    Email config works
    No word wrap
    No tabs in browser
    Html email now works. (Didn't in 348)
    No longer show enhanced gmail plugin in app switcher ( features still there)
    VVM is there, still can't add it from phone
    Bbm is still .33

Will report on apps later when I can play with them.

Last edited by borderpatrol1987; 12-09-09 at 09:57 AM.
    12-09-09 09:54 AM
    Lost my threaded SMS - just me or is it really gone?
    I still have it

12-09-09 09:55 AM
367 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD