I got that sometimes too... which OS version are you running? I think it doesn't do it on .411
    Its happened to me on the last one .3XX and this one .411

Did you find a solution to it? I just delete the text and then have to ask them to resend it.
    12-23-09 01:22 PM
    Its happened to me on the last one .3XX and this one .411

Did you find a solution to it? I just delete the text and then have to ask them to resend it.
    You have to go back to his name on your contact's list, blackberry menu then do as if you're doing a new SMS text...and it will open back up his message
    12-23-09 01:29 PM
    I just upgraded from 4.6 to 5.0.411 last night

so far it seems pretty stable, little quicker response time and boot up time. All my apps seem to be working so far, the only one I had trouble with was quickpull but I installed 3.6.4 beta and its working just fine now.

I do have issues with 3rd party themes, icons dont display correctly and menus are buggy but the default theme works great.

Wi-fi, sms,mms,BBM and email all work perfect...I love the threaded sms oh and I can sync with my gmail calendar!

Battery life seems a little better so far but its hard to tell from the little I've used it this morning.

New features in 5.0 that I used apps or work arounds for. File browser, custom sms tones for contacts, there's VVM which I cant use take advantage of at the moment but its there, I love the way I can view my pictures full screen by just using the trackball....I haven't played enough with it yet to list all the new stuff.

Here are the apps that I've installed so far and work:

quickpull 3.6.4
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    Where
    Pocket Express
    Capture It
    WeatherBug

I"m going to install these apps sometime today

Keepass
    Viigo
    Opera
    Loopt
    Slacker
    ebay
    hopefully they will isntall without issues
    12-24-09 01:47 PM
    Getting ready for my first upgrade to 5.0. I just got my 8900 a couple days ago so I am hoping for the best!
    12-24-09 03:18 PM
    All of my sms conversations merged into one. When I get a text, I can't tell who its from. I tried deleting the conversation but it won't delete.

Any one else have this happen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:49 PM
    Hey all... Happy Holidays!!! I just installed .411 on my 8900 and I LOVE IT!!! did notice that the pictures load up faster and like how each of my SMS conversations are kept together. Haven't really had time to play with it much. But look forward to the official release.
    12-24-09 10:48 PM
    All of my sms conversations merged into one. When I get a text, I can't tell who its from. I tried deleting the conversation but it won't delete.

Any one else have this happen?

I figured out what my problem was. It was because I had Encryption on. Once I turned it off and rebooted, my sms conversations were separated by names again.

12-25-09 12:08 AM
    Seasons Greetings!

....don't know if anyone has already posted this issue already- but I just discovered this while on the move. Installed .411 and quite impressed with the improvements

I just found out though, that my SMS/texts while threaded, is buggy. After the first SMS was received, the subsequent texts from other people are appearing in the thread of that first text received! (as in, I get 1st SMS from person X, and a SMS from person Y comes under perons X's first SMS!)
    Any subsequent Sms's will continue under the thread unless I delete the entire thread.

Anyone have a similar experience? I'm going to troubleshoot as much as possible...but if I can't resolve it, may have to wipe and reinstall again.....or worse, go back to an official release.

Would greatly appreciate any insight.....

12-25-09 12:19 AM
    everytime a leaked OS comes out and i read the forums i see ppl having all weird problems which i don't have...except for the wallpaper thing were when you change the theme screen goes white and i know the work around for that.

i love my 8900.
    12-25-09 04:03 PM
    Rocking with all the changes in this release, though I will be doing a search for issues with Visual Voice Mail....

12-27-09 12:45 PM
    just updated from 4.6.250... first time loading a beta OS. Everything seems to be ok, though it's a little annoying having to reconfigure everything.

Does anyone know if it's possible to recover my BBM conversations? I did a backup before updating... my contact list was saved, but I'd like to recover my conversations if possible.

edit: also, anyone know why the font in the top ribbon of the homescreen is distorted when using my Today theme?
    Last edited by visualpurple; 12-27-09 at 02:12 PM.
    12-27-09 01:35 PM
    So installation went without a hitch. All apps work fine, even had the app update facility, which is nice.

Most prominent are missing Precision Silver & App World ( tried the dload link i got from here but the " download " button was missing ).

Another note to point out : can threaded messages be disabled? I miss my old ungrouped thing.
    12-27-09 02:41 PM
    My oh my. The Ebay app is missing. A huge blow.

Plus still on the threaded thing. I like to 'R' to reply directly without actually opening up the messsage. Looks like those days are long gone.

On the plus side. Everything else works fine. QVGA video recording!
    12-27-09 04:07 PM
    So installation went without a hitch. All apps work fine, even had the app update facility, which is nice.

Most prominent are missing Precision Silver & App World ( tried the dload link i got from here but the " download " button was missing ).

Another note to point out : can threaded messages be disabled? I miss my old ungrouped thing.
    I was able to install app world on my phone. Maybe the site was having troubles when you tried to download it

Here the link I used Download BlackBerry App World
    Last edited by jem417; 12-28-09 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added link to app world
    12-28-09 02:34 PM
    i just upgraded for the first time with my blackberry that i've had for like a month from 4.6.blah blah. 231, to know 5.0.0.411
    all is top notch and working really fast!
    No problems so far the only thing i had to do was redownload facebook,myspace,and blackberry app world.
    i recommend it definitely
    12-28-09 06:11 PM

12-28-09 07:49 PM
    good overall, but I found out the "opera mini" not working on 411......what a pity,coz on 348 it was working....

12-28-09 07:53 PM
    good overall, but I found out the "opera mini" not working on 411......what a pity,coz on 348 it was working....

4.2 is working perfectly on mine. What version are you trying to use?

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

12-28-09 08:00 PM
    Day 2 on 5.0.0.411... I haven't noticed a single bug or flaw so far... I see no reason not to upgrade to this version. It's been perfect for me.
    12-28-09 10:25 PM
    Hey Folks

So after reading up on various threads- this looks to be an issue that plagues 8900/9000 Phones running .411 OS.

I tried a few options:

1. Wipe and reinstall the OS: Did this 2 times, and the issue still persisted

2. Tried BBSAK: Remove the "net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod" and replace with a previous version of the same file (previous OS releases did not have this problem). I could not get BBSAK to remove the file- it kept reappearing on the phone...i'm not sure why or if i was doing anything wrong...but it just wouldn't remove the file.

3. Clean Wipe, Reinstall OS but with a replaced the loader file "net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod" from the 9700 (bold) .405 release. This means that when i run Loader.exe, it'll take the replaced .cod file and not the buggy one that comes with .411
    So far...nothing has exploded, and i can't seem to pick up any issues- i was a bit surprised to see that the 9700 cod file worked fine.

Will keep you'll updated should any issues surface.

Hope this helps.
    12-29-09 01:01 AM
    So far so good. Although there was a group bug where it just wouldn't let me scroll up on the group page after 20 messages came streaming in a minute. Battery pull all OK!
    12-29-09 08:07 AM
    I dl'd .411 about two weeks ago and last night finally put on my cell. Its not much different from .348 for me, however, my battery life is vastly improved! There is still mem leak, but that is also slightly improved over .348. I was skeptical to change as .348 was working well aside from the above mentioned, with .411 operating its near perfect. I also experience the wallpaper issue (occ white screen on menu screen) , but I notice that the problem of plugging into usb port and getting white screen has also been fixed with .411.

12-29-09 12:50 PM
    i'm having problems installing the OS to my phone. after i download the software, i install it on my computer, but then it is nowhere to be found and when i run desktop manager or the application loader, it doesnt find the OS. what am i doing wrong? thanks.
    12-29-09 08:22 PM
    I just installed the OS update yesterday and now when my 8900 boots up i get an message saying "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

Can anyone tell me why I am receiving this?
    12-30-09 08:46 AM
    i dl the new .411 loaded and everything cant seem to find theme controls and or wallpaper controls and all icons suck nut everything else is work and loads a loat faster from reboot status WHERES MY THEMES .............
    01-01-10 01:19 PM
367 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD