Anyone else have the issue of the phone going into a white screen when you plug it in to charge? Not every time or even half the time just randomly. This is really the main issue I've had with .411. I noticed last night that if I put the phone on standby then brought it back out the display would come back. Before that I would either pull the battery if I had my case off or alt-caps-del if I had it on there. There are no error messages or anything with the white screen, it's just solid white.

BTW this is my first Blackberry and first beta OS install and I couldn't have done it without all the expertise on this forum. I love Crackberry!
    12-19-09 11:14 AM
    Anyone else have the issue of the phone going into a white screen when you plug it in to charge? Not every time or even half the time just randomly. This is really the main issue I've had with .411. I noticed last night that if I put the phone on standby then brought it back out the display would come back. Before that I would either pull the battery if I had my case off or alt-caps-del if I had it on there. There are no error messages or anything with the white screen, it's just solid white.

BTW this is my first Blackberry and first beta OS install and I couldn't have done it without all the expertise on this forum. I love Crackberry!
    Not getting that - no prob charging...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 11:47 AM
    anyone else having a problem when you holster it, and once it comes out, its in the audio post card?
    12-20-09 02:37 AM
    I upgraded from 4.6 to 5.0.0.348 when it just came out and I had to rearrange all my icons set back all my stuff the way they were etc. Last night I upgraded from 5.0.0.348 to 5.0.0.411 and it's like I didn't even change my OS, everything was in place just like I had it before.
    Unto the good stuff...OS is much faster, browser is faster and moving from app to app is more snappy and all my apps work. No sms problem. Everything works fine.

12-20-09 05:28 AM
    Is there a working link to download the 5.0.411? I'm currently using .314 and I'm so anxious! Please help!

12-20-09 11:49 AM
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

12-20-09 11:54 AM
    4.6 version used to be able to have birthdays show up on calendar now not linked. Any thoughts appreciated
    12-20-09 12:53 PM
    I write themes for my 8900 , will my 4.6 theme work on 5.0 ?
    12-20-09 02:08 PM
    Anyone having MEMORY LEAKS? I've noticed I'm having it
    12-20-09 02:33 PM
    new download link can also be found here : http://tinyurl.com/y8sdxnp

since the link on the original post is invalid now.
    12-20-09 04:39 PM
    Is anybody else having an issue with the ringer not working when in holster? It works fine when out of holster and I have it set to ring always in the profile.

12-20-09 07:39 PM
    Anyone having MEMORY LEAKS? I've noticed I'm having it
    um , no. Been using .411 since the day it was originally "leaked" and am consistently in the mid to upper 150's for free memory. I don't use a lot of data any more but I am constantly connected to wifi/uma and texting. So far I'm impressed with this beta
    12-20-09 08:32 PM
    I've been using .411 for a few days... My BBM is getting very laggy... And its not due to my connection to my service provider... Anyone having this problem?? Or is there anyone who can help me??

12-20-09 10:25 PM
    I've been using .411 for a few days... My BBM is getting very laggy... And its not due to my connection to my service provider... Anyone having this problem?? Or is there anyone who can help me??

Are you using BBM5.056? I had an issue with hangs on reboot when I initially installed it, no lag n it though. Deleting it, and then installing it fresh solved my problem. Just a thought.

To all you who either are worried about QuickPull, or memory leaks, as someone coming from a Pearl, I just don't understand. With the amount of file free we have, I can't see a reason to use QuickPull, and how bad a memory leak can you have, to cause any issues?

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

12-20-09 10:32 PM
    BigBadWulf - I've delete and reinstall.56 couple of times... BBM is still very laggy.. Most of the messages is not 'D' at all....

12-20-09 10:49 PM
    I haven't noticed any. I'm on .411, BBM .56, and have 2 groups that I belong to (TBL being one). On a typical day, I have that going, google talk, msn messenger, icq, and yahoo, being quite active on them. I pull a ton of browser data through, stream on slacker, run berryweather, and play a game or 3 of soduko. I don't SMS that often, but I've had no issues doing it. I'll burn through about 30 min/day on phone calls, but my data useage burns through the battery in about 10 hours (which is about 2 hours longer than it lasted under 4.6.1.250). With all of that, I rarely have to reboot (usually to upgrade a program), and I have yet to see a memory leak.

12-20-09 10:53 PM
    So I've been on this beta for a week now. Great stuff. I get the white screen every now and again when I change backgrounds. Coming from 4.6.1.250, I'm experiencing a great increase in speed all over the app. Pushing and pulling data feels faster and the camera loads super fast and focuses faster as well. Has anyone had issues with 4.6 specific apps not working?
    12-21-09 01:24 AM
    this build, for me, has not been too great. I sometimes find my phone freezing for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes and then resuming to work normally. Battery life is not so great and the browsing lags at times.

*sigh*....when will the official one come out giving a superb performance overall........waiting...........waiting.........
    12-21-09 02:34 AM
    So far I've had this installed about a week, and I've been loving it. Way snappier than 4.6 as others have said.

The only things I've noticed as minor "issues" are the phone going to white screen when charging which went away and has not come back when I put the phone on standby then took it back out.

The other is that music playback pauses when a txt or bbm comes in (for the notification) and does not resume. I have to manually press play again. I wear a bluetooth headset when listening to music, and it does not do this when a phone call comes in. It automatically pauses and then resumes itself when the call ends. I do not remember the phone doing this when a message came in with 4.6.

Lastly, battery life seems a little improved over 4.6, but I never got the kind of battery life I've read about other people getting (2-3 days without a charge). I tested it yesterday and it lasted 33 hrs between charges. This is a summary of usage:

I Love Blackberry app logged over 100 times used for a total of 7 hrs.
    Well over 100 BBMs and Yahoo Messages.
    About 10 e-mails.
    2hrs on the phone.
    30 min of music w/bluetooth headset.
    1 hr approx. of web surfing
    Wifi and bluetooth on constantly.
    A LOT of playing around with this new OS.
    Phone is standby holster when not in use.

What do you guys think? Should I be expecting better battery life than that?
    12-21-09 05:15 PM
    do we have a list of working 3rd party apps going for this yet?
    12-22-09 01:53 PM
    Ok, just installed this, I know I said i was going to wait until the official but the upgrade bug bit me...I deleted the vendor.xml files, installed etc, but now certain application, FB, MS, Scoremobile don't recognize I have a data plan, or say that Data connection cannot be made. I have full EDGE, and other programs like weatherbug, iheartradio etc are working fine...any ideas? And I've done 3 battery pulls

-and just sent my service books to my phone for good measure, not sure if that is even relevant to this particular issue
    Last edited by 1edyson; 12-22-09 at 05:24 PM.
    12-22-09 05:18 PM
    1edyson,

Don't know if you've seen it on the blogs yet, but Blackberry data looks to be down all over the nation for most people for at least the last 2-3 hrs. Maddening isn't it? BIS was down while I was trying to install this OS last week and I could not figure out why my e-mail wouldn't set up. Found out later that BIS had been down that whole night.

Hopefully it will be back up soon.
    12-22-09 05:31 PM
    lol, i have impeccable timing then, that is odd though, I did just receive my last emails not 20 minutes ago but checked my gmail on my desktop, and had 3 emails in que.
    12-22-09 05:39 PM
    Is anyone having problems with a text message not opening up? Its been happening to me multiple times a day. Basically, I can see the text in my inbox but I can't open it to read it.

Do you think I need to do a wipe or something to fix it?
    12-23-09 01:10 PM
    Is anyone having problems with a text message not opening up? Its been happening to me multiple times a day. Basically, I can see the text in my inbox but I can't open it to read it.

Do you think I need to do a wipe or something to fix it?
    I got that sometimes too... which OS version are you running? I think it doesn't do it on .411
    12-23-09 01:17 PM
367 ... 1112131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD