VVM is free, however right now AT&T only supports Bold and Bold 9700 for VVM on Blackberry. To get it on your 5.0.x device that isn't one of these two devices, you have to have a Bold IMEI number and call up AT&T and get them to switch your phone to that IMEI. Then, in your AT&T account features page, you can add visual voicemail for free.
    Ehh, too much work, plus I have no idea where I'd get a Bold IMEI number.
    I can live without it.

I'd like to know why it's a required component to load on the OS instead of an optional component... it's like RIM is forcing us to have this in our OS, which then is just one more task that is running in the background and in my mind slowing the device down and taking up more room.
    Agreed. That icon in the little task manager always bugged me...
    12-11-09 12:03 PM
    VVM is free on Tmobile and it works fine.

I did a complete wipe and reinstalled 5.0.0.411 and now everything is fine, except now I am missing the "memo pad" and "task" applications.

Can I get these back without having to reinstall the OS?
    12-11-09 12:36 PM

I did a complete wipe and reinstalled 5.0.0.411 and now everything is fine, except now I am missing the "memo pad" and "task" applications.

i believe as long as you have the os on your comp, run loader again and make sure those 2 are checked off and it should load faster since your only adding the 2 missing and not updating the os only.
    someone can correct me if im wrong, but may be the only way i think
    (check running dm and see if you can add that way also)
    12-11-09 01:58 PM

Yes, re-connect your BB and run the loader.exe program. You can then individually select those pieces to add. Easy peasy.
    12-11-09 02:02 PM
    I rolled back to 5.0.0.348 this morning. I like having my Home screen icons fade when they're inactive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 05:36 PM
    dropping the cod files into the OS java folder takes 2 seconds.
    If I already have 411 loaded, can I replace these files in the Java folder and have the phone recognize it as an update when I try the loader? Or do I need to reload the OS?
    12-11-09 07:35 PM
    If I already have 411 loaded, can I replace these files in the Java folder and have the phone recognize it as an update when I try the loader? Or do I need to reload the OS?
    i think it should. i did it prior to the OS load, so im not sure. but im alost positive it will recognize the update.

on another note, has anyone had MMS retrieval issues? i can MMS myself and it works, but if someone else MMS's me, they appear to be blank. just trying to trouble shoot if its my phones new OS or the sender.
    12-11-09 07:39 PM
    I got everything so far working nice on the reinstall of .411 after a wipe and wow it is amazingly snappy compared to the 4.6 I was running. No lag whatsoever..so far and the browser is fixed, no bugs, battery life all of a sudden is great.

I guess its all about how the install goes?
    12-11-09 07:41 PM
    i think it should. i did it prior to the OS load, so im not sure. but im alost positive it will recognize the update.

on another note, has anyone had MMS retrieval issues? i can MMS myself and it works, but if someone else MMS's me, they appear to be blank. just trying to trouble shoot if its my phones new OS or the sender.
    I agree the upgrade should work, listing 33 removal up top, and 52 install at the bottom.

I just tested out MMS, from a T-Mo to my Att, and it worked perfectly.
    12-11-09 09:09 PM
    I agree the upgrade should work, listing 33 removal up top, and 52 install at the bottom.

I just tested out MMS, from a T-Mo to my Att, and it worked perfectly.
    ok thanks for the MMS input. ill have to look into it some more. oh and im downloading BBM 5.0.0.54 as we speak
    12-11-09 09:20 PM
    I got everything so far working nice on the reinstall of .411 after a wipe and wow it is amazingly snappy compared to the 4.6 I was running. No lag whatsoever..so far and the browser is fixed, no bugs, battery life all of a sudden is great.

I guess its all about how the install goes?
    Ok now i finally got an issue...the sms text LED all of a sudden started flashing when no sms was received.

Phone was set in UMA mode and I have BerryBuzz and have tried disabling that and it still flashes. I am waiting to see if I get a sms from someone it will stop.
    12-12-09 01:13 PM
    Ok, so i installed .411 and this is my first 5.0 OS install on my 8900 and it looks great. However, I have no internet connectivity on my 8900 now, EDGE icon is like it should be but I cant connect to anything using data which is really weird because after installing and rebooting it updated 3 apps automatically which it downloaded. Anyone have any ideas? Id appreciate the help. Thanks.
    12-12-09 08:12 PM
    Ok, so i installed .411 and this is my first 5.0 OS install on my 8900 and it looks great. However, I have no internet connectivity on my 8900 now, EDGE icon is like it should be but I cant connect to anything using data which is really weird because after installing and rebooting it updated 3 apps automatically which it downloaded. Anyone have any ideas? Id appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Either you lost your service book in the upgrade, and need to resend it from your provider BIS site, or you have an unlocked Jav from another carrier, and need to reset your TCP/IP APN.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 08:22 PM
    Do you have T-Mobile or AT&T?
    12-12-09 08:37 PM
    I'm tired of waiting for an official 5.0 release. I'll let you know how it goes as it is upgrading right now. As I understand it, I will be forced to return to the previous version of BBM. Is this correct?
    12-13-09 01:02 PM
    problem solved.

Can someone help me with this error i have tried looking for the answer and can't find it. The link has a screen shot of the problem.

Code:
    h**p://i47.tinypic.com/qmztwz.jpg
    wow that sucks i can't post a link if i don't have 10 posts.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gambitsdaname; 12-13-09 at 02:44 PM. Reason: problem solved
    12-13-09 01:12 PM
    Like the threaded sms. bbm is just gone. i had bbm 5.0, which i had heard wouldn't work, but i was under the impression that the previous version would be installed in it's place. MY facebook is gone, too.

I had previously placed all of my google apps into one folder. Not that the folder options were very impressive before, but the folder is just blank now, no star. If I try to add a new folder, I don't get options for different icons.

I can't close audio postcard unless I take a picture first.

I currently use Google Voice for my VM, so can't really comment on VVM.

Applications confirmed to work:

Google Sync
    Google Talk
    GMail
    Google Voice
    Facebook

I can't seem to make google my default search engine.

Overall, seems like a nice upgrade.
    12-13-09 02:40 PM
    guys on att, dont forget if this is your first 5.0 upgrade, you may need to do the browser fix.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    12-13-09 03:47 PM
    Ok, so i realize today that when trying to send an MMS, i would ge a red "X" immediately. I checked the service books and funny enough,"MMS Transport" was in the list, i registered the phone in the host routing table and even re-send service books and still cant send an MMS message.

T-Mobile 8900
    12-14-09 10:33 AM
    Like the threaded sms. bbm is just gone. i had bbm 5.0, which i had heard wouldn't work, but i was under the impression that the previous version would be installed in it's place. MY facebook is gone, too.

I had previously placed all of my google apps into one folder. Not that the folder options were very impressive before, but the folder is just blank now, no star. If I try to add a new folder, I don't get options for different icons.

I can't close audio postcard unless I take a picture first.

I currently use Google Voice for my VM, so can't really comment on VVM.

Applications confirmed to work:

Google Sync
    Google Talk
    GMail
    Google Voice
    Facebook

I can't seem to make google my default search engine.

Overall, seems like a nice upgrade.
    Been a few days for me and everything works fine. BBM 5.0.52 works and so does Facebook
    12-14-09 10:52 PM
    Upgated Wife's 8900 to this release. one obvious bug:

Custome ringtines stopped working (getting crap from wife on this :P)
    Other occasional issue: Speed Dial works some times
    12-15-09 04:38 AM
    Anyone know how to insert CJK support on this version?

I've tried to copy the CJK from .190, but chinese language wont showed correctly, and the input method for chinese is not exist.

I ever tried to do the same thing on 314, succeed flawlessly. But it doesn't work on 411 anymore, any clue how to fix it?
    12-15-09 07:03 AM
    Upgated Wife's 8900 to this release. one obvious bug:

Custome ringtines stopped working (getting crap from wife on this :P)
    Other occasional issue: Speed Dial works some times
    Happened to me

Only fix i found was to wipe the device with BBSAK

Then reload OS and backup file
    12-15-09 08:07 AM
    has anyone got the myfaves app working with this build
    12-15-09 08:19 AM
    One noob question, do I need to unlock my BB before updating it to a beta build? Carrier is Vodafone India.
    12-15-09 10:48 AM
367 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD