Replace your new upgraded files into the old version's folder before u run apploader and it will recognize it. you can find the files in program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/os5_______. that means u must install the new device software, then copy the files, then uninstall new os software, then install an older version and replace those files with the copied files and it should work, it will say its an old version but once u see the list of upgrades it will show u ur new upgraded os and apps.. did it on mine. **apploader uses the files found in the directory mentioned to install, so whatever files are in that folder will be installed** (and make sure to delete vendor.xml file)
    Last edited by jxl8844; 12-17-09 at 01:50 PM.
    12-17-09 01:32 PM
    My first venture into the 5.0.x realm. OS seems pretty stable, like the clean upgrades to the UI. The RIM outage threw me into a second install since I thought I messed up service books. I'm not sure I know what all the hoopla is about running the Internet browser (ATT). In the second pass I have decided not even to worry about getting it running.

The Blackberry browser is working ok. I do know in the past that the BB Browser had some limitations over the internet twin. I installed BOLT as an optional browser, we'll see how it goes.

Problem: Not able to run Zagat To Go V7. Contacted Handmark, we'll see what they have to say.

Working:

Socialscope - Don't use FB app anymore.
    Google Maps
    BOLT
    App World
    BB Messenger - upgraded through App World

Device seems a bit hot, I don't know what that is going to mean for the battery life. That is my biggest compaint about this device in general. Especially when it's going in and out of 3G/Edge it can drain a battery in a couple hours.

Followup:

I don't know that I've seen this mentioned before but it appears that this release has more advanced power management. When I have the phone plugged in I find there are some times when it isn't actually charging. In the 4.x releases, it always seems to be in charging mode when it's plugged in.
    Last edited by hulber; 12-17-09 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Power management observation.
    12-17-09 03:15 PM
    Just did a wipe from .314 and reinstalled .411 and so far so good.
    12-17-09 04:46 PM
    I just installed this OS and everything is working fine except for my email. I can't figure this out. My emails doesn't show the image and I can't manually download them. I changed the option on both my emails to download the image automatically and turned off "confirm external image download" and still nothing. I'm not sure if this has been discussed and I didn't feel like going through 66 pages of info. So if someone can help me with this I'd be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    12-17-09 10:49 PM
    I just installed this OS and everything is working fine except for my email. I can't figure this out. My emails doesn't show the image and I can't manually download them. I changed the option on both my emails to download the image automatically and turned off "confirm external image download" and still nothing. I'm not sure if this has been discussed and I didn't feel like going through 66 pages of info. So if someone can help me with this I'd be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Most probably the icon was hidden somewhere. Can you try to 'show all' icon in the menu list? If it is still not there, maybe you can try to remove the email account and add it back using Email Settings. Good luck to u
    12-18-09 01:48 AM
    Most probably the icon was hidden somewhere. Can you try to 'show all' icon in the menu list? If it is still not there, maybe you can try to remove the email account and add it back using Email Settings. Good luck to u
    I don't think the icon is the problem. code85 is having trouble downloading images in emails, if I'm not mistaken.

code85, are you sure this isn't part of the BIS outage? Perhaps the email arrived before the BIS went down, and then when you tried to open the emails the images wouldn't come down because your device isn't talking to the server?
    12-18-09 02:58 AM
    I have been using this release for a while now. To me there does seem to be quite a drastic leak of memory. After the initial install I had almost 40mb which went down to 20mb within a few hours. Now after a reboot I get about 20mb tops. This doesn't seem to have a major effect on anything though and I have Quickpull set to reboot at 18mb so I'll be sticking with this beta until the next release. Seems to be the best over all beta release of 5 that I have used to date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 05:09 AM
    There's way too much positive feedback. I'm finally going to be home long enough tonight to take the plunge... Anxiously looking forward to OS 5.0!
    12-18-09 06:45 AM
    .411 seems to have been better about this, but still it persists. the sim phone book @ half battery seems to stop working or give me 3 or 4 entries. I have about 100 or so, don't like having everyone in my contact list either. anyone find a fix for this?
    12-18-09 08:01 AM
    I will bet dollars to doughnuts they are hidden on your home screen. I lost one of my email icons -- for my main personal adress -- after upgrading as well, and was also only receiving emails for it in the Messages folder. I couldn't figure it out until I hit Show All from the menu on the home screen, and there it was, hidden. I had never hid it before, ever. Weird. Since you keep yours in a folder, though, there's a chance they might be hidden in there if not on the home screen.
    Nope, not hidden on home screen. I kept resending service books and the first 3 appeared after about 8 times. Finally got all but 1 to reappear. It may have been more of a bis problem since the one holdout wouldn't validate since my password was "wrong". Which it wasn't. Finally got them all working. There's no way that I could see to "show all" in the email folder. Just either to close of switch tasks. I made all the hidden icons appear multiple times and they didn't show up there either.
    12-18-09 08:08 AM
    This 5.0 could be an official release as far as I am concerned! Not near the memory problems .314 or .238 had. Runs the majority of my programs. Stable, no phamtom reboots! Been running for about a week now! I won't go back.

12-18-09 08:42 AM
    Rob, I just updated to .415 and this same issue is happening to me. Did you ever get it fixed?

Uh oh, problem. Try this... Go to your calendar option, change an option and try saving. Did it let you out? Not me. All i wanted to do was change the "Show Free Time in Agenda View" to No, tried saving and it won't let me out unless i discard. Are you guys having the same problem?
    12-18-09 10:07 AM
    Replace your new upgraded files into the old version's folder before u run apploader and it will recognize it. you can find the files in program files/common files/research in motion/shared/loader files/os5_______. that means u must install the new device software, then copy the files, then uninstall new os software, then install an older version and replace those files with the copied files and it should work, it will say its an old version but once u see the list of upgrades it will show u ur new upgraded os and apps.. did it on mine. **apploader uses the files found in the directory mentioned to install, so whatever files are in that folder will be installed** (and make sure to delete vendor.xml file)
    Thanks I followed this and now I have the new os .411 in my device. Some how all went smooth without and hangups and I am liking it updating few apps as I type.
    12-18-09 10:17 AM
    Good day all. Long time reader, first time writer here, so let me just say thanks for all the good info

Anyway, I have this rather annoying problem with 5.0.0.411 on my Bold 9000 - whenever I use the Search app to search my calendar for certain events, it only turns up 1 event (and there should be 12). I know this because I restored my backup files to my old Curve 8310, and ran a search which yielded the full and proper results.

Before you ask, I did a completely fresh install of the firmware (factory reset + full wipe with BBSAK + apploader). And yes, I've done a battery pull numerous times. I've removed the encryption and I've removed the password. Nothing seems to make the search work properly.

Any advice would be very welcomed and MUCH appreciated.

EDIT: Turns out that the search finds non-recurring appointments just fine, but once I change those appointments to "recurring", the search can not find them at all.
    Last edited by jeebsy; 12-18-09 at 12:23 PM. Reason: New info.
    12-18-09 11:36 AM
    I don't think the icon is the problem. code85 is having trouble downloading images in emails, if I'm not mistaken.

code85, are you sure this isn't part of the BIS outage? Perhaps the email arrived before the BIS went down, and then when you tried to open the emails the images wouldn't come down because your device isn't talking to the server?
    I don't even have the option to manually download the images when I go into the menu. Could I be missing something while I was updating?
    12-18-09 12:20 PM
    I installed this last night but i fell asleep before I had a chance to play with it. Here's what I think this morning.

Pros: Overall this is much faster, more responsive, and better looking than any beta I've tried. The browser is lightning fast, after the fix of course. the threaded messaging is uncluttered and responsive. And the signal strength is much improved, though I don't see how. The best signal I ever got in my apartment was -98, but right now it's -77.

Cons: Quickpull doesn't work. After i registered it, I reset my schedule. It's supposed to reset in the middle of the night, but when I woke up this morning the app was open with a message saying "phone will reboot in 5 seconds, press escape button to cancel". Well apparently it had been sitting there for hours. When I tried to manually run QP, I got an error message directing me to the device log for details. If anyone has found a fix please post it here.

EDIT - After playing with it a little more the signal is holding strong at -69, which to say is really freaking awesome! The file free is just under 40 after batt pull, which isn't great, in fact it's the lowest I've ever seen with a beta, but I still got plenty to spare. Just wish QP worked.
    QP worked for me after I did a real Battery Pull. I was getting the same error as you.
    12-18-09 02:04 PM
    Can anyone help me out? I downloaded 5.0.0.411 from MegaUpload when it was leaked but I kept screwing up the process of actually installing the new OS on my phone. With every screw up I had to GO BACK to MU and download the OS all over again for my Desktop Manager to ever recognize that I had an updated OS on my computer. And now, obviously, I can't go back to MU to download a new one but I still have the file that I downloaded. Is there anyway that I can get my Desktop Manager to see the 5.0.0.411 that I downloaded or do I have to wait for another leak to drop before I can get 5.0. 4.6 is so played out. I just want the threaded SMS man. lol. Can someone help me out?
    12-18-09 03:41 PM
    Hi all I have been checking the posts trying to find the latest firmware for my 9000 on Rogers any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    12-18-09 03:46 PM
    Hi I see there is a newer firmware than the .411 so any help in pointing me in the right direction to download the newest would be great as I am stuck at .303 right now Thanks Jeff
    12-18-09 03:53 PM
    The link is down. Anyone got an alternate one?
    12-18-09 04:31 PM
    Hi I see there is a newer firmware than the .411 so any help in pointing me in the right direction to download the newest would be great as I am stuck at .303 right now Thanks Jeff
    Nope... .411 is the latest OS leaked version for Bold. But, we are talking of OS 5.0.0.411 and you are talking of OS 4.6.0.303.... BIG difference.

303 is an official version for Bold, all 5.x versions are leaked and not officially supported.
    12-18-09 06:18 PM
    Can anyone help me out? I downloaded 5.0.0.411 from MegaUpload when it was leaked but I kept screwing up the process of actually installing the new OS on my phone. With every screw up I had to GO BACK to MU and download the OS all over again for my Desktop Manager to ever recognize that I had an updated OS on my computer. And now, obviously, I can't go back to MU to download a new one but I still have the file that I downloaded. Is there anyway that I can get my Desktop Manager to see the 5.0.0.411 that I downloaded or do I have to wait for another leak to drop before I can get 5.0. 4.6 is so played out. I just want the threaded SMS man. lol. Can someone help me out?
    Forget DM, just install the OS in your PC and then run apploader.exe from (here we go again!), program files- common files- research in motion- apploader- apploader.exe (delete the vendor file).

Good luck!

PS make sure DM is closed when running this app.
    12-18-09 06:21 PM
    Nope, not hidden on home screen. I kept resending service books and the first 3 appeared after about 8 times. Finally got all but 1 to reappear. It may have been more of a bis problem since the one holdout wouldn't validate since my password was "wrong". Which it wasn't. Finally got them all working. There's no way that I could see to "show all" in the email folder. Just either to close of switch tasks. I made all the hidden icons appear multiple times and they didn't show up there either.
    Yeah, I posted my response to you before I found out about the big BIS outage yesterday. That was obviously the problem. Not a good day to have installed an OS.

12-18-09 08:21 PM
    Browser fix broke my MMS. Great :/
    12-18-09 09:29 PM
    The Tour owners won't be however!
    Indeed, I am not pleased. I don't understand why there is a lack of tour leaks. The bold 9000 has tons of leaks and is on only 1 carrier. The tour is on multiple, including verizon and sprint. They are big enough carriers that the tour is a major model.
    12-18-09 09:58 PM
1,293 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD