I love this build, but one issue may make me downgrade. Haven't seen anyone else mention it, so maybe it is one of those unique problems to one user.

My phone is set up to automatically go to bedside mode when I put it in the charger stand. I also set it for Silent Mode. I have my wife's number set up as an exception so that if she calls or SMSs me when I am sleeping (she works late nites) then I will still get the ring. Well, it stopped working with .411. Worked fine with .238. I really need to be able to get her calls if necessary. i have deleted the exception and remade it to no avail.

Anyone else experience this?

Michael
    A similar if not the same problem. When I installed .411 and reinstalled Facebook, it reset all of the alarm reminders for Facebook birthdays on the Bold calendar, which I had previously removed because they would go off in the middle of the night, busting through bedside mode. One went off last night, but the actual alarm didn't sound -- I only knew about it because I saw the alert when I got up this morning.

Not a problem for me -- I won't have to go through all of those freakin' Facebook birthdays on the calendar again -- but I can see how it would be a problem for you, though.
    12-16-09 01:21 PM
    Upgraded from the latest AT&T release to 5.0.0.411 two days ago and have been very happy with the results. Was nervous about some of the install problems mentioned here so I decided to try BBSAK for the first time and it was very easy. Had no installation problems and so far no bugs jumping out at me. I have not seen the improvement in reboot speed that some report, but it's not any slower either.

Applications are definitely more 'snappy', battery life is actually a bit better and I love all the changes to the UI. I am also especially happy with the 0-10 volume levels - no more 'Low - Med - High' crap!

As of now I see no reason to go back to 4.6 land!
    12-16-09 03:04 PM
    Not for me. Using DM 4.6 (loader.exe from DM 4.6, to be precise) on an XP computer has proven to be the most reliable way for me to install 5.0 betas thus far.
    Yes, if you use XP 4.6 works fine, but 5.x is much faster synch and is better with 5.x OS versions.. Give it a try!
    12-16-09 06:39 PM
    I upgraded with my laptop running win7 x64 rc *7100 build* latest dm and it worked fine, just have to take the system offline in order to upgrade but no big deal!

Cheers,
    Charlie
    12-16-09 07:05 PM
    Anyone have a working link?
    12-16-09 08:41 PM
    is it just me or is 3.xx have problems with the voice quality? I find that it garbles every so often? Hopefully this version will fix it.
    12-16-09 09:52 PM
    All the download link is already broken , need someone help to load it again please.
    12-16-09 11:29 PM
    I have garbling tooo on both 348 and 411, so I went back to 4.6.303 or whatever it sounded like an alien or something all techy if you experiencing the same problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 01:50 AM
    Loading new OS on my 9000. Getting "App Error 200" "Reset". Any ideas?
    12-17-09 01:51 AM
    I installed this last night but i fell asleep before I had a chance to play with it. Here's what I think this morning.

Pros: Overall this is much faster, more responsive, and better looking than any beta I've tried. The browser is lightning fast, after the fix of course. the threaded messaging is uncluttered and responsive. And the signal strength is much improved, though I don't see how. The best signal I ever got in my apartment was -98, but right now it's -77.

Cons: Quickpull doesn't work. After i registered it, I reset my schedule. It's supposed to reset in the middle of the night, but when I woke up this morning the app was open with a message saying "phone will reboot in 5 seconds, press escape button to cancel". Well apparently it had been sitting there for hours. When I tried to manually run QP, I got an error message directing me to the device log for details. If anyone has found a fix please post it here.

EDIT - After playing with it a little more the signal is holding strong at -69, which to say is really freaking awesome! The file free is just under 40 after batt pull, which isn't great, in fact it's the lowest I've ever seen with a beta, but I still got plenty to spare. Just wish QP worked.
    Last edited by LittleRedDot; 12-17-09 at 05:41 AM.
    12-17-09 05:31 AM
    Loading new OS on my 9000. Getting "App Error 200" "Reset". Any ideas?
    Wipe the phone first using BBSAK or JL Commander.

Once you have the 507 error, then load the OS on your phone.

@LittleRedDot - With this beta, unless you have an app that leaks memory, there is no reason to reset the phone nightly like previous 4.6.X versions. The OS itself is very solid. Best leak in quite a while.
    12-17-09 06:14 AM
    Yes, if you use XP 4.6 works fine, but 5.x is much faster synch and is better with 5.x OS versions.. Give it a try!
    I tried it when I upgraded to .238 and had some problems. I'm not sure whether it was because of DM 5.0 or Vista. Also, I installed BBSAK 1.7 on the Vista computer and it wouldn't even connect (sigh). I just got Windows 7, which I'm planning to put on the Vista computer this weekend -- hopefully that will allow me to use DM 5.0.
    12-17-09 07:10 AM
    I have garbling tooo on both 348 and 411, so I went back to 4.6.303 or whatever it sounded like an alien or something all techy if you experiencing the same problems

I get an odd digital "clicking" that I've never heard before every once and a while on a call. I thought it might be related to the strength of the signal, but I'm not sure.
    12-17-09 07:14 AM
    I have encountered a new problem tht I wasn't having initially. I have a folder for all 6 of the email addresses tht I get pushed to bb. i got up yesterday with an icon showing i had 9 emails. Went to the email folder and all my email icons were gone. Can't find them anywhere, can't find anything in options to make them show up. Did multiple battery pulls and re-sent service books at least 4 times and still aren't in there. I seem to be getting all my email, I just have to go to the messages folder to read them. This occurred after doing the browser fix with crackutil. I also seem to be having problems getting opera mini to load. I click on icon and it goes to install but when I click on "accept" it just closes. Any ideas?
    12-17-09 07:58 AM
    I tried it when I upgraded to .238 and had some problems. I'm not sure whether it was because of DM 5.0 or Vista. Also, I installed BBSAK 1.7 on the Vista computer and it wouldn't even connect (sigh). I just got Windows 7, which I'm planning to put on the Vista computer this weekend -- hopefully that will allow me to use DM 5.0.
    Hi. So tks for helping me out. I am still not able to detect the new OS through loader. So suggest me which is the best way to wipe my device and which app I should use. Will I be able to get all my backup, back along with my apps.
    This will be the first time I may have to wipe my device.

Also I read somewhere that it is necessary to have the current device OS in the PC for loader to detect. Is it because of this reason that I am not getting anyOS detection.
    Since I have a new win 7 Pc and 5.0.1 DM installed along with .411 OS. The moment I load my current .282 OS it is detected by loader. I posted an image few posts back.
    12-17-09 08:21 AM
    Hi. So tks for helping me out. I am still not able to detect the new OS through loader. So suggest me which is the best way to wipe my device and which app I should use. Will I be able to get all my backup, back along with my apps.

Also I read somewhere that it is necessary to have the current device OS in the PC for loader to detect. Is it because of this reason that I am not getting anyOS detection.
    Since I have a new win 7 Pc and 5.0.1 DM installed along with .411 OS. The moment I load my current .282 OS it is detected by loader. I posted an image few posts back.
    Are you kidding me! Of course you need to have the desired OS installed in your PC. Most of my previous posts trying to help you out mentioned this "obvious" issue. You download .411 INSTALL IT IN YOUR PC and run apploader.exe... I think I said this no less than 10 times in this thread.

Please.. if you feel so unsure on how to perform an upgrade, don�t do it, keep your official .282 which works fine. Playing with beta releases is risky and you need some expertise...
    12-17-09 09:40 AM
    I can't get either crackutil or bbsak to recognize phone after installing .411. I reinstalled os on pc running vista and on laptop with w7. When I plug bb into usb, it will install drivers but when I try to pull up crackutil or bbsak, it says either password is incorrect or device not connected. There shouldn't be a password as I have never used one. I need to get crackutil to work so I can do the browser fix sice it somehow overrode the one i did for the previous %.0 os I used. Any help?
    I had this problem on W7 with BBSAK (all version I tried)
    Solution: Uninstall DM and BBSAK then, reinstall DM for "all users" and also BBSAK for "all users" it has something to do not being able to access the USB drivers ... BBSAK may need to be run as admin I can not remember but I assure you it works!
    I have no problems with doing anything on my BB with W7 ... I prefer DM 4.7, plus, you need the USB drivers from this version (or 4.6) for that leaked "RIM" software that shall not be mentioned ...
    hope that helps
    Last edited by blowtorch; 12-17-09 at 10:33 AM.
    12-17-09 09:51 AM
    Are you kidding me! Of course you need to have the desired OS installed in your PC. Most of my previous posts trying to help you out mentioned this "obvious" issue. You download .411 INSTALL IT IN YOUR PC and run apploader.exe... I think I said this no less than 10 times in this thread.

Please.. if you feel so unsure on how to perform an upgrade, don�t do it, keep your official .282 which works fine. Playing with beta releases is risky and you need some expertise...
    tks Scout36. You got me wrong. I perfectly understand your post . What I was trying to put across is do I need to have .282 as well as .411 on my PC. In any case I will hold on to .282 as you said. I tried all pros and cons but have had no success only with 5.x update though i have had success with all 4.6 OS updates.
    12-17-09 10:12 AM
    Does someone know how to make a call using letters instead of numbers (as in 1-800-CITIBANK) with this OS? With 4.6.XXX, I used to press the shift key plus the corresponding letters but it looks like it can't be done on .411 .
    12-17-09 10:48 AM
    I have encountered a new problem tht I wasn't having initially. I have a folder for all 6 of the email addresses tht I get pushed to bb. i got up yesterday with an icon showing i had 9 emails. Went to the email folder and all my email icons were gone. Can't find them anywhere, can't find anything in options to make them show up. Did multiple battery pulls and re-sent service books at least 4 times and still aren't in there. I seem to be getting all my email, I just have to go to the messages folder to read them. This occurred after doing the browser fix with crackutil. I also seem to be having problems getting opera mini to load. I click on icon and it goes to install but when I click on "accept" it just closes. Any ideas?
    I will bet dollars to doughnuts they are hidden on your home screen. I lost one of my email icons -- for my main personal adress -- after upgrading as well, and was also only receiving emails for it in the Messages folder. I couldn't figure it out until I hit Show All from the menu on the home screen, and there it was, hidden. I had never hid it before, ever. Weird. Since you keep yours in a folder, though, there's a chance they might be hidden in there if not on the home screen.
    12-17-09 10:52 AM
    Does someone know how to make a call using letters instead of numbers (as in 1-800-CITIBANK) with this OS? With 4.6.XXX, I used to press the shift key plus the corresponding letters but it looks like it can't be done on .411 .
    You need to press the Alt key.
    12-17-09 10:52 AM

Actually, you should not have your current OS installed on the PC, just the one you are upgrading to.

I don't know what else to suggest to you other than the wipe. That should force App Loader to recognize that you're in need of an OS. The best way to wipe is with BBSAK. It only takes a minute or so. Your Bold will reboot to a white screen with a 507: reload software message. Connect to App Loader and install the OS. You will be able to restore your data and 3d party apps after installing the OS, assuming, obviously, you've made those backups.
    12-17-09 11:03 AM
    tks Scout36. You got me wrong. I perfectly understand your post . What I was trying to put across is do I need to have .282 as well as .411 on my PC. In any case I will hold on to .282 as you said. I tried all pros and cons but have had no success only with 5.x update though i have had success with all 4.6 OS updates.
    Ahh! Ok... sorry for that! It is not necessary to keep .282 in your PC when installing .411. Many people suggest to uninstall from your PC any previous versions of the OS before installing the latest.

I never do this, I just install the newer version. When I run de apploader it always runs the latest version installed.

I would try wiping my device... and then install .411, what happens to you is something I never came across before.
    Last edited by scouts36; 12-17-09 at 01:30 PM.
    12-17-09 12:01 PM
    Wiping the device should do the trick, have you tried manually opening app loader and initiating the install?

If the build is solid and there's no memory leak, then a nightly reset wouldn't be beneficial. But I still Want to use the quick pull application, so has anyone encountered this problem and/or have a possible fix?

12-17-09 12:13 PM
    Wiping the device should do the trick, have you tried manually opening app loader and initiating the install?

If the build is solid and there's no memory leak, then a nightly reset wouldn't be beneficial. But I still Want to use the quick pull application, so has anyone encountered this problem and/or have a possible fix?

Never had a problem with quick pull using .411.
    12-17-09 01:29 PM
1,293 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD