12-22-09 08:20 PM
494 ... 181920
tools
    Been running this since it was leaked, and the only thing I have noticed is custom message ring tones no longer function, although custom phone ring tones do. Ehh no biggie
    My custom message tones work fine. Same with the customer ring tones for calls.
    12-11-09 02:52 PM
    My battery was better on .405 I believe. Gonna try this for a couple more days before I make any switches. .405 seems to be the best on my device so far. No issues with .415 though and I like the UI enhancements.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 02:57 PM
    Love this build but battery does seem to be going down a bit quicker. Still better than the old iphone i had, though. :P
    12-11-09 04:05 PM
    Sorry don't know the exact message but it says its a invalid pic for my fave contact please use a valid jpg or gif
    i was having that problem and its because myfaves does not work on the 9700. i spent hrs with rep and they found out it was that. so they took myfaves of my phone and i never had that problem again.
    12-12-09 12:25 AM
    Can someone please post a "Free User" download link, or a Megaupload link?
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    12-12-09 12:29 AM
    Having a small problem.

When not on 3G mu network works with gprs. Usually the GPRS word is in capital when BB service is working. On this OS sometime it is not in capital letters but it works the same. Never had this problem?

Battery: my personal feeling is that it is not as good as on other OS
    12-12-09 01:59 AM
    My observations

Battery life: compared to .330, .351, and .405, battery life seems improved. Just bought MeterBerry after installing .415 so no empiric data available from my perspective to compare to previous builds, but getting approximately 2.5%/hr discharge rate, and I'm a light-medium user compared to most of you on these forums. Background apps: PodTrapper (once weekly updates for most podcasts, daily updates for daily news podcasts over WiFi only while on charging pod), BerryWeather (15min updates), SmrtGuard (daily backup while on charging pod), BBSmart Alarms Pro (usually just to wake me up in the morning after on charging pod), BerryBuzz, LeaveItOn (and apparently Facebook runs in the background too?)

Overall speed: very snappy, but didn't notice a change from any previous builds

LED issue: was solved by .415. I have BerryBuzz installed on my 9700 and on previous builds whenever I got a notification for a message, the LED would continue to blink even once I opened a messaging app (set in BerryBuzz to dismiss notification after opening messaging app instead of upon first trackball/keyboard activity), and would not disappear until I had exited the messaging app.

Profile settings issue: was also solved by .415. For 3rd party apps such as BerryBuzz, PodTrapper, or MeterBerry that offer alert/reminder settings and placed in the 'Other' category for profile settings, these would be reset upon a battery-pull/Alt+R Shift+Del/system reboot in previous builds.

SMS bug: non-existent, although I format my contact numbers in a XXXYYYZZZZ format anyways, so previous builds didn't affect me either

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_phone_app (50) is not responding; process terminated": pops up upon a reboot, but doesn't have any visible effect on phone calls (receiving or quality) or anything else for that matter

Overall this is a very solid build, and I may stick with this one for a while unless people discover something amazing in future leaks.
    Last edited by friedriceballer; 12-12-09 at 03:42 AM.
    12-12-09 03:04 AM
    This build is pretty good...i installed it last night and it seems to be working very well.

Although a few little issues especially with Berrybuzz...i have it set to turn the led off when opening app but seems like it doesnt..but after ive sent a message ie email or text it then stops. Also noticed even though i have set it up properly ie reminders etc..when the phone is in the holster that i got with it...sometimes the led only blinks for about 30 secs then automatically stops blinking...outside the holster it blinks till i turn it off etc.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me??

Otherwise battery according to meterberry is at around 1.5% per hr since last night and the memory management is much better even with all my apps running at the same time.

Probably stick with this unless something else comes out which is even better...heard that 421 has leaked now.
    12-12-09 10:20 AM
    Are you having any reception issues with .415 Spawn?

I loved this OS, but was suffering with really poor reception... even struggling to hold 1 bar of 2G GRPS at home!

I've always suffered from poor reception inside my house, but .415 was terrible for me. Just upgraded to .421 and the problem has gone now. I'm back to full 2G signal and even a bar of 3G at home!

I can definitely see Voda supporting .421 in the near future
    12-12-09 11:59 AM
    Are you having any reception issues with .415 Spawn?

I loved this OS, but was suffering with really poor reception... even struggling to hold 1 bar of 2G GRPS at home!

I've always suffered from poor reception inside my house, but .415 was terrible for me. Just upgraded to .421 and the problem has gone now. I'm back to full 2G signal and even a bar of 3G at home!

I can definitely see Voda supporting .421 in the near future
    Not as far as i can see Phil but im not on Voda using the 9700...using Tmobile UK on my 9700 at the moment.

Dangermouse UK from these forums and the blackberry zone said that this build ie 415 had radio issues with voda and o2.

But no issues for me other than the Berrybuzz issue but dont know if thats the app or the OS causing that issue as it was present on 321 and 351 which were official OS releases.
    12-12-09 02:37 PM
    something minor, but does anyone have the :| (straight face) swapped with #:-S(Whew!)

because i have it swapped in sms with .415, didnt have it with previous
    12-13-09 04:32 AM
    installed yesterday, everything went good with no problems. everything is working so far. seems to be more responsive. will check back if any problems come up
    12-14-09 07:29 AM
    Has anyone else noticed an issue where if you try to change the options in the calendar to "no" for "show free time" and "show end time" it won't actually change? I click on "no" and then "save" and it just hangs. I need to hit "cancel" to get out of the settings page, which, of course, does not save the changes!
    12-18-09 11:03 AM
    hey folks.. can someone check this for me with the 415 OS on the 9700? when you go to your camera (with geotagging enabled under options), do you see a RED or GREY icon in the lower right corner?

RED = no GPS info

GREY = Picture taken will include GPS coordinates (geotagged)

still trying to debug this...
    12-21-09 01:52 PM
    I am getting red. Once the photo is taken, how do you go back and retrieve the location info, if it would have worked?

12-21-09 09:58 PM
    I am getting red. Once the photo is taken, how do you go back and retrieve the location info, if it would have worked?

The way it should work (no working on mine with 415) is when you open the camera app, it should show the red icon but then after a few seconds (depending if you are indoors or outdoors), the icon should turn grey indicating that it locked on a Sat and will save the geo tags with the picture... So if you are getting the red icon and it is staying red, it seems that you have the same problem as i do.

To check if the geo tag is part of the pic, you can view the picture and then click the blackberry button and then select properties and it will tell you if the pic is geotagged. another way is the check the properties of the file on your pc for more detailed geo tag info or an easy way is to upload the photo to google picasa and it will automatically pick up the geo tag info and locate the picture on a map...
    12-21-09 10:44 PM
    My battery was better on .405 I believe. Gonna try this for a couple more days before I make any switches. .405 seems to be the best on my device so far. No issues with .415 though and I like the UI enhancements.

Rizzo269,

Could you elaborate somewhat with regards to "UI enhancements". And as far as battery life is concerned did ou notice any changes (i.e. improvements ? degradation) when going fro .405 to .415? My 9700 was delivered to me last Saturday Dec-19th. It came default with .344. Two days later I was up to .405.... So far so good. I'm now contemplating the move to either .415 or .421. However if there is a battery degradation in either I'll stay put....

The APPS i have installed are:

Blackberry App World
    Amaze
    LaterDude (free)
    WatherEye
    Don't Be bored!
    I Love Blackberry
    BeBuzz (free)
    Empower Central (lite)
    Capture It
    Word To Go (+ Excel and of course PowerPoint)
    Windows Live Messenger
    Gwabbit
    Edocrab
    Gmail Advanced PlugIn
    Yahoo
    and last but not least, QuickPull (free)
    12-22-09 07:59 PM
    The battery life on .423 is pretty much as good as .296. And that's saying a lot. Will let everyone know soon how the newer builds are with power management.
    12-22-09 08:14 PM
    The battery life on .423 is pretty much as good as .296. And that's saying a lot. Will let everyone know soon how the newer builds are with power management.
    "The battery life on .423 Not .415? I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll be watching and waiting......

NokJAA!
    12-22-09 08:20 PM
494 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD