bit early i know to test, but..hows battery life so far?
    12-09-09 12:42 AM
    i take it when installing the OS thru app loader i dont need to click backup and restore all data and stuff since there is none?????

what about installing all the apps when i go thru app loader?? as none of the boxes are clicked
    Yeah, you'll only have like 4 steps to go through instead of the usual long list.

Once apploader is done, you'll end up with essentially a BB w/ an OS. Fire up DM and start installing apps. I'd stick with the bare essentials first. I like to do a battery pull after this is done.

After that, use DM again to restore your DB backup.
    12-09-09 12:44 AM
    WOW im doing my installs this way from now on......took maybe 2minutes longer to get everything installed and everything is back and i have 10MB more than when i first installed .415, i'll let you know boot up time once i get everything configured
    12-09-09 01:05 AM
    Does anyone else have the problem of the dreaded white background wallpaper in this build like I do? The home screen wallpaper seems to be fine. It's when I press the Blackberry button and all my folders and apps show up that the background wallpaper is white.
    12-09-09 01:13 AM
    Besides the SMS/Contact bug being fixed what pros does 415 have over the .330 "official" release from TMO?
    12-09-09 01:16 AM
    Does anyone else have the problem of the dreaded white background wallpaper in this build like I do? The home screen wallpaper seems to be fine. It's when I press the Blackberry button and all my folders and apps show up that the background wallpaper is white.
    I already explained earlier in this thread how to fix that. Please go back and read.
    12-09-09 01:22 AM
    OR you could just give the answer rather than wasting a post on trying to sound smart, and try a bit harder to be as helpful as possible. But we do appreciate you already addressing the problem.

Here is the answer to your issue:

Figured out the white app screen issue. I just reset my theme defaults and it cleared up the issue.
    Last edited by knjeru; 12-09-09 at 01:33 AM.
    12-09-09 01:27 AM
    Wow, thanks for that. I hate repeating myself to lazy people so that was a big plus. One less lazy person to cater to here on CB.
    12-09-09 01:30 AM
    Wow, thanks for that. I hate repeating myself to lazy people so that was a big plus. One less lazy person to cater to here on CB.
    I try to help where I can.
    12-09-09 01:33 AM
    OR you could just give the answer rather than wasting a post on trying to sound smart, and try a bit harder to be as helpful as possible. But we do appreciate you already addressing the problem.

Here is the answer to your issue:
    You quoted the wrong post dude
    12-09-09 01:50 AM
    thanks for all the help guys, i will be sure to give my full review in a day or 2 of the new OS but it seems like its a good one again!!
    Do any of the 'gurus' here know if there's a way I can swap a 'module' or 'certificate' or something for the mobile banking app? It works in .296 & .405, but all of the others there is an error "certificate from an unexpected source".

Also, I've found a clean wipe & install of .405 to be much buggier than it was when I upgraded over .296. Perhaps I will try .415 again tomorrow. Unless of course there is yet another leak in 6 hours...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You quoted the wrong post dude
    Nope I didn't. My response was in reference to the one right above it. I used the quotes to link the question to the answer.
    12-09-09 02:25 AM
    I did serveral bat pulls and i still only have bbm 5.0.0

Also when i turn on wifi it won t turn on and the phone reboots non stop (before someone asks i delated the vendor.xl file)

should i wipe the device and reinstall all from the scratch or should i downgrade to .405 which i was actually really happy with.

So farreally disappointed.
    12-09-09 02:30 AM

I try to help where I can.

Thanks to the both of you! Sorry, didn't mean to be lazy. I should have done a quick search before asking. Thanks again!
    12-09-09 02:31 AM
    firmware is perfect except my bootup went from 2-3 mins to 5-7 mines. makes no sense i did a complete wipe and installed 415 then restored apps and settings. ow well
    12-09-09 02:37 AM
    firmware is perfect except my bootup went from 2-3 mins to 5-7 mines. makes no sense i did a complete wipe and installed 415 then restored apps and settings. ow well

I'm the same way, I went from 2:45 on .351 to 7:30 on .405 and now to 5:58 on .415. I'll be super happy when we get an OS that is as smooth as .415 seems to be but can boot up in under 3minutes. I plan on deleting everything I don't need tomorrow so we'll see if that helps any.

Also the only thing that I didn't get was App World .30 I'm still running .24 for some reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 02:48 AM
    installed..but no new bbm
    do i have to ota it?
    12-09-09 02:57 AM
    installed..but no new bbm
    do i have to ota it?
    at this point, yeah. during the install you have to uncheck the old one near the top to remove and the new one at the bottom to install.
    12-09-09 03:38 AM
    Did you do a wipe and restore or did you just upgrade on top of your previous OS?
    12-09-09 03:44 AM
    I really don t know why i m the only one who gets reboots non stop and wifi not work installed it wiped re installed with no 3rd apps and still no luck going back to .405
    12-09-09 03:48 AM
    At first glance this build is fantastic!! OS is zippy (I know, classic upgrade response ), access to all files on the media card seems to be as fast as I've ever seen. You can really see how fast the 624MHz processor is. Upon boot up and security pass, 3G shows up immediately (none of this happened on .371 and .405). UMA is strong and connected after about 10 sec. For me, UMA on .371 and .405 was sporadic at best. I did a backup of 3rd party apps with BBSAK and with DM. Did a wipe with JL_Commander before install. I've upgraded now from OS .330-->.344-->.351-->.371-->.405 and I don't hesitate in saying this is one the very best builds of 5.0 for the 9700. The only bad thing I can say about this OS at the moment is after the screen goes to sleep, on occasion it takes a bit to wake up. There will be more to add as I will use it to the fullest tomorrow.
    12-09-09 03:49 AM
    I've been running .415 for a couple hours now. Everything is running smooth! I think I'm going to like this one. I'm happy so far. I have noticed some changes. The one I'm wondering about, is the camera. The screen that shows you the picture you just took. I maybe wrong because I think I may have saw this in .371. Had that one for a day, lol! I just can't remember if I saw it in there or not. So this may be new, in any case old or new, I like it! Colorful!
    12-09-09 04:06 AM
    After upgrading to .415, the CrackBerry app store app now freezes my 9700.
    12-09-09 04:49 AM
    Any fix for the slow bootup time?
    12-09-09 04:52 AM
494 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD